I test drove the FF on Friday

capt_chaos

The FF looks pretty good in black. Went to the FF premier at Ferrari of Seattle, looks better in person in the right color. Did you try race mode? Heard the 2012 458's in race mode have a more aggressive shift feel, than previous years. Ferrari changed this due to all the complaints of the no feel shifts.

I did try race mode. I didn't feel anything compared to my 612.

I have driven a 2012 458 and found it to be amazingly boring in shifts. I think I am in the minority. I love the way my Aventador shifts and I hope they use similar technology in the Gallardo replacement.

But, for a 4 seat car the FF is pretty cool. Black is the best I have seen, but still not what I would call a looker. I will let my wife form her own opinion. She could definitely drive it. I will show her a few other options too. The FF, and all the latest Ferrari's are great, they just aren't my style.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The one I test drove was pearl white. Not bad looking at all especially with the carbon fibre exterior pieces. Cost a pretty penny though: 5-figure option.

Sorry for the cel phone quality pics.

RaginBull, hope you will find what you are looking for in the Bentley line. Best of luck! :)

FF_018.jpg

FF_025.jpg

They are beautiful cars! I take it you're happy with it?

The GTS arrives next month. Will give an update then.

I'm looking at true sports cars as well. Feeling much cheaper than say 5 years ago. Definitely liking the Aventador just not the price tag. Not willing to take a haircut like I did on my SLR. I will call you in a couple years and you will take 50 cents on the dollar :icon_mrgreen:

I'm looking at true sports cars as well. Feeling much cheaper than say 5 years ago. Definitely liking the Aventador just not the price tag. Not willing to take a haircut like I did on my SLR. I will call you in a couple years and you will take 50 cents on the dollar :icon_mrgreen:

So am I and the feeling is the same too. But I am slightly more generous (just slightly) so I will give RaginBull 55cents on the dollar. And it'll probably be closer to ship to my place than yours. :D :icon_mrgreen:

Then again, you go through cars faster than me. So on 2nd thought, scratch the above. You buy from RaginBull, have fun with the Aventador and then I'll pay you 55cents on each dollar that you had given to RaginBull for the Aventador to be passed onto me. (It's probably a better offer than "A" will be giving you.) :P

Unless you love the look or have plenty of coin to throw around, I couldn't imagine getting an FF over a Panamera TT/S. $150-200K difference in price for... what?

So am I and the feeling is the same too. But I am slightly more generous (just slightly) so I will give RaginBull 55cents on the dollar. And it'll probably be closer to ship to my place than yours. :D :icon_mrgreen:

Then again, you go through cars faster than me. So on 2nd thought, scratch the above. You buy from RaginBull, have fun with the Aventador and then I'll pay you 55cents on each dollar that you had given to RaginBull for the Aventador to be passed onto me. (It's probably a better offer than "A" will be giving you.) :P

Hahaha

You and A are vultures :thefinger: As you may know from Fortis I have become extremely cheap and trust me I don't cycle through cars anymore. I'm a family man now with a wife and house and trying to have kids maybe I can borrow some videos from you to make sure I am doing it right?

RaginBull, hope you will find what you are looking for in the Bentley line. Best of luck! :)

Thanks! I originally only checked out the FF cause I was local to the dealership for a meeting that was running late. I am thinking of getting my wife in something new now. I am very happy with my cars!

The GTS arrives next month. Will give an update then.

The GTS is an awesome car!!

I won't be selling the Aventador for a long, long time. It is literally perfect as far as what I like in a super sports car. I cannot imagine them keeping this level of rawness going forward since all the old timers in the UK who do the reviews want seamless shifting for their bad backs. Most likely the Aventador will get more refined and I won't like it! lol. I am already planning to add a topless model if they make one like the Aventador J with no roof at all (I hear they are). I love it that much!

Yeah! I am sure they will be for sale at some point, but mine won't! I love it. It will stay with me for many, many years.

Unless you love the look or have plenty of coin to throw around, I couldn't imagine getting an FF over a Panamera TT/S. $150-200K difference in price for... what?

I hear ya. I will have to try the Panamera again, last time I did I was not in to it. But, you are right about the pricing. Although, the FF feels like so much more of everything (then my last Panamera tubro experience).

Hahaha

You and A are vultures :thefinger: As you may know from Fortis I have become extremely cheap and trust me I don't cycle through cars anymore. I'm a family man now with a wife and house and trying to have kids maybe I can borrow some videos from you to make sure I am doing it right?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nah, no one can top A. What makes you think I'm a family man? :eusa_think: I go through and review plenty of video hardware but seldom make any videos. You have to rely on other Lambo brothers here for video productions --- at least that's the top answer whenever someone asks for everyone's career. :icon_mrgreen: Not sure if's they are "family-oriented" though but at least they are somewhat in line as far as "propagation" is concerned. :lol2: (Sorry for going O/T.)

Someone mentioned AM Rapide. That is imho the coolest looking 2+2 style car atm.

It's also the slowest 2+2 / Sedan on the market. They are sitting all over the place, not moving. Park Place up in Bellevue has had the same cars forever.

If Porsche would make a good looking version with a trunk, instead of that ugly looking hatchback, I would be all over that.

It's also the slowest 2+2 / Sedan on the market. They are sitting all over the place, not moving. Park Place up in Bellevue has had the same cars forever.

If Porsche would make a good looking version with a trunk, instead of that ugly looking hatchback, I would be all over that.

Funny, that was my hold up. Last year I walked in FC Kerbeck and saw the Rapide. It was the most beautiful 4 door car I have ever seen. I asked the price, it was something like 208k. Then they told me it had 420-440hp, something like that. So, I figure 350-370 to the wheels. That is not enough power for that much coin!

I also wish Porsche and Ferrari had better looking 4 seaters. Ferrari followed Porsche after the massive success the Panamera has been.

The regular Bentley GT supersports or speed doesn't have a real useable back seat but the spur speed is a perfect wives car which does way more than an FF will do at half the price. I would take the Mulsanne over the FF anyday as well. Just don't get the 400k family ferrari when you have choices loaded up with cool options with better fit and finish. The ghost would be another one I would look at although he mentioned he wasn't a rolls guy.

^I wasn't sure if RB wants a 4-door car or not. If so, then at this price range, I would pick the Mulsanne in a heartbeat; my current favourite for sure.

The regular Bentley GT supersports or speed doesn't have a real useable back seat but the spur speed is a perfect wives car which does way more than an FF will do at half the price. I would take the Mulsanne over the FF anyday as well. Just don't get the 400k family ferrari when you have choices loaded up with cool options with better fit and finish. The ghost would be another one I would look at although he mentioned he wasn't a rolls guy.

^I wasn't sure if RB wants a 4-door car or not. If so, then at this price range, I would pick the Mulsanne in a heartbeat; my current favourite for sure.

Thanks guys! I am happy with my Ferrari 612. Now I am interested in a new car for my wife. She currently drives a Mercedes C63 AMG. She picked it. She wanted the smallest merc, but the fastest version of it. Now I think I can convince/get her in to something else. Bentley's could be cool, but the Mulsanne is too Ghost like, which is to luxury / tame for her (and me). Maybe one of the sporty Bentley's. I will check them out. Thanks!

I myself did enjoy the FF when I had it. It was a nice daily driver and a hell of a lot of fun during the winter. I didnt like the power at first, shifts felt weird at first because you couldnt feel them. But I got used to it after a while. Looks pleasing and its a plus if you want an exotic with room.

But you can add the cool display for the passenger? LOL Pretty soon they will have those displays in the back of the headrests too, so kids can see how fast you are going.

See that SSC is also putting this in, in the Tuartara.

Thanks guys! I am happy with my Ferrari 612. Now I am interested in a new car for my wife. She currently drives a Mercedes C63 AMG. She picked it. She wanted the smallest merc, but the fastest version of it. Now I think I can convince/get her in to something else. Bentley's could be cool, but the Mulsanne is too Ghost like, which is to luxury / tame for her (and me). Maybe one of the sporty Bentley's. I will check them out. Thanks!

Gee wiz, the C63 is a great car. My wife loves her CLK63. If you have such a practical wife, leave well enough alone, more funds available for the Lambo's. I like her already.

Gee wiz, the C63 is a great car. My wife loves her CLK63. If you have such a practical wife, leave well enough alone, more funds available for the Lambo's. I like her already.

Haha! Thanks! She is a great girl. She likes her Mercedes, and I like it too. I would like to see her in something with 4WD and maybe more seating room for the event that we are lucky enough to have another child.

But you can add the cool display for the passenger? LOL Pretty soon they will have those displays in the back of the headrests too, so kids can see how fast you are going.

See that SSC is also putting this in, in the Tuartara.

I hated that display when I test drove the FF. You can turn it off.

That display is annoying..

Yeah, first thing I said was how do I get that off? My wife would probably get motion sickness from it when I drive fast. I did not check to see if it remembered whether you left it on or off. My Ferrari remembers if I left it in sport mode, and I wish my Lambo's did! They default in strada.

If anyone buys an FF...make sure you get the dealer to give you an early 458 Spider slot or the new F12 along with the purchase. 458 Spiders are bringing $100k over MSRP right now, and the F12 already has long waiting lists.

If anyone buys an FF...make sure you get the dealer to give you an early 458 Spider slot or the new F12 along with the purchase. 458 Spiders are bringing $100k over MSRP right now, and the F12 already has long waiting lists.

Thanks! Yes, that would be the plan, but the wife cannot stomach the looks of the FF. So, its a no-go for me.