Car Lift

FrankieFred

Just settled on my new house and want to put a lift in for my Gallardo. I had the builder run a 220 line in my garage. What would you guys recommend?

Are you looking for a "work" lift or a storage lift? We are running 5 Rotary lifts for working on cars, storage, not sure, ill let others cover that.

Storage Lift

Another recommendation for BendPak.

I have also heard good comments from owners of Atlas Lifts (Greg Smith Equipment) and Revolution Lifts.

If you have sufficient ceiling height, I suggest a taller model that allows an SUV to park underneath, even if you don't plan to park an SUV under it. That gives you the option to store the top car high enough that you don't have to duck under the lift.

And, depending on the height of the vehicle to be stored on the top bunk, unless it has a front end lift, you might want to consider an extended ramp option. Several lift manufacturers offer such an option. RaceRamps would be another option. Using wood blocks to extend the ramps gets old after a few times.

+3 on Bendpak. I have one, trouble free and idiot proof. Just how I like it

I have one bendpak and one danmar i got from costco...same company same lift, both have worked great!

Are you looking for a "work" lift or a storage lift?

Does the answer have to be one or the other?

Does the answer have to be one or the other?

There is or can be a difference. The Bendpak I have is a drive on, it's not great as a service lift as I can't take the wheels off. A "service lift" is a 2 or 4 point lift.

I have an older Challenger.

Never had a problem. Seems "overbuilt" as far as the thickness of the steel.

Lift2.JPG

If is a 2 post lift you are purchasing, I would strongly recommend having it professionally installed.