Getting Diablo up on 4 Jack Stands

black92

In trying get out old slave cylinder, got the back of the car up on the 2 rear jack points specified in the manual with chocks in front of front tires. But, would feel a little more comfortable under car with all four corners up on jack stands. What's the technique for getting jack stands under the front two jacking points? Or is the rear good enough?

Thanx

Mark

Done it many times. After you have the rear up, jack left or right up using the point behind the front wheel. Then get in the front of the car, there's a three point brace there to place your jack stand, both sides, it's pretty far inside. Not where the A arm attaches though.

Dear Lamborghinisti,

To jack the Diablo up properly, use a floor jack and lift one side up from the main jack point just behind the door. Both wheels will rise up and you will place one jack under the frame rail on the inside of the rear wheels.

SAM_2513.JPG

For the front, you won't see any mounting points but the jack point is a frame member under the aluminum skin. You will need FLAT plates on top of your jackstand to dissipate the pressure. If not, you will leave a very deep mark in the aluminum skin.

SAM_2141.JPG

I have some sears craftsman professional jack stands and for the front, I made up some aluminum "hats" in my facility. I'll take a photo of those and post it later for you.

Shamile

Just want to clarify a few of the things ... I thought it was BAD to jack up only one side (e.g. passenger or driver side) at a time and it could crack the windshield. I thought the proper way was to place the jack in the front (or rear) and jack the car up such that both front (or back) wheels go up at the same time? Then repeat the process for the other end of the car.

I think allot depends on how high you jack a corner, if you just need to take a tire off, no problem, one corner. If you want to get under it, then use two jacks and progressively jack each side. However, as Shamile said, if you use the point in front of the rear tire it lifts the whole side off the ground, which I feel comfortable with since it's not a twisting force.

We bought two jackpoint jackstands. It's a brilliant invention - worth checking out. Very heavy duty.

It solves the problem of jacking up from the jackpoint and being unable to put a jackstand AT the jack point. With this product you do it all in one step. They are big and heavy but you'll use them with 100% confidence. We only bought two since the rear of the G is easy to jack from the center and then place conventional jackstands to either side under the frame. It's the front that gets tricky. And the ZeeeeOhhSix is worse than the LP560. We actually bought 'em for the Z but will use them on whatever car we are lifting (for whatever reason).

http://www.jackpointjackstands.com/Home.php

there are videos showing how it works on youtube - also on their web site, along with plenty of photos. Wish I'd thought of this!

We bought two jackpoint jackstands. It's a brilliant invention - worth checking out. Very heavy duty.

there are videos showing how it works on youtube - also on their web site, along with plenty of photos. Wish I'd thought of this!

Looks neat but apparently you have never tried to jack up a Diablo before :eusa_naughty:

There is barely enough room for a low profile jack let alone a huge mounting adapter.

Looks neat but apparently you have never tried to jack up a Diablo before :eusa_naughty:

There is barely enough room for a low profile jack let alone a huge mounting adapter.

True - never jacked a Diablo....

The mounting adapters are quite thin (photos are deceiving). THey don't add much height to the low profile jack.

From the diagram looks like you can easily jack from the center rear (you'd need two jacks for this exercise).

I'd get another jack - jack up the rear (from center) which will give you enough height to slide the jack under the front jacking points (with jackstand "adapter" and then lower the rear & jack up sides.

Re racking the frame and cracking windshields - we also usually jack up both sides at once (if I'm doing it solo I do a couple pumps and switch sides). Easy - just takes a little more time, and two jacks. I let it down the same way (a little at a time each side).

Generally I jack up the Murci at the front jack points behind the front wheels, and place the jack stands at the frame cross-member. Then jack up the rear of the car.

I'm low, so I really have to worry about it; but if you have a high lift jack, you too should be conscious that if the rear end is jacked up and the front isn't, the front lip will touch the ground.

Nick

• 11 months later...

So, just want to get some clarification on the positions for placing the jack to lift the back of car and then the locations for placing the jack stands. Do I have the position right for the jack? Which position (number) do I place the jack stands? What should I place between the jack stand and the frame?

Thanks in advance for the help!

post-6810-1368327565.jpg

post-6810-1368327599.jpg

Any of those places are good for jacking, or the stand. They are the frame, where pieces converge are best. You can use a 1 x 4, or similar piece of wood between the jack and the frame, But I never use wood between the jack stand and frame.

Any of those places are good for jacking, or the stand. They are the frame, where pieces converge are best. You can use a 1 x 4, or similar piece of wood between the jack and the frame, But I never use wood between the jack stand and frame.

Thanks IlToro :icon_thumleft: