New Mt. Rushmore??

BLACKBULL

Recently spent some time in Atlanta Georgia (USA) and got a chance to do some sightseeing. I came across Stone Mountain; a huge carving of three important Civil War heroes in the side of a mountain. My SO and I got into a discussion of other carved monuments one of which was Mt. Rushmore. As the carving is gradually being destroyed by the elements it led us to ponder which four presidents (not already on Mt. Rushmore) would be included in a new monument.

So, if a new monument were comissioned which four US presidents would you include and why??

Conditions:

Your choices should be ones that have presided over a momentus period of US history

OR

Have had a significant historical impact on the country.

If you feel another historical US figure who is not a a president (and/or not male) should be included indicate why (similiar conditions apply).

Cappy... not meant to be a political thread. Was just curious to see how members of the board viewed US leaders in historical perspective........just for shits & gigles( although I can see your point....so let's all behave :icon_mrgreen: ).

BTW: As mentioned they don't have to be presidents, politicians or male. Just historically important people. Let's have fun with it and leave the political treatise to another thread.

Yes on ReaganAndrew Jackson...well,because he was a bad ass http://www.cracked.com/blog/how-to-fight-a...president-ever/

Eisenhower for being an exceptional leader and mans man.

John Adams

Robster....I'm interested to hear what it is about Reagan that makes you feel he would be a good subject to include.

I'd take Teddy Roosevelt off the fcuking thing (seriously? Teddy fcuking Roosevelt deserves to be next to Jefferson and Lincoln??? In who's fever dream?) and leave the rest of it alone.

I'd take Teddy Roosevelt off the fcuking thing (seriously? Teddy fcuking Roosevelt deserves to be next to Jefferson and Lincoln??? In who's fever dream?) and leave the rest of it alone.

What's the Teddy hating for?

What's the Teddy hating for?

He wasn't that important of a president. He only got up there because he was friends with the sculptor.

Honestly, if I were in charge, nobody would get any statue or any likeness on a coin or any ship or airport or library or dump named after them until at least 100 years had passed since they died. Which means I'd have to rename a couple of ships and airports and close about 200 buildings and bridges in west Virginia.

He wasn't that important of a president. He only got up there because he was friends with the sculptor.

Honestly, if I were in charge, nobody would get any statue or any likeness on a coin or any ship or airport or library or dump named after them until at least 100 years had passed since they died. Which means I'd have to rename a couple of ships and airports and close about 200 buildings and bridges in west Virginia.

This always impressed me

I'd rather see an homage to the great businessmen of American history. They've influenced far more good than the majority of our politicians in my opinion. Particularly the Gilded Age crew (Carnegie, Morgan, Rockefeller, etc.)

I'd rather see an homage to the great businessmen of American history. They've influenced far more good than the majority of our politicians in my opinion. Particularly the Gilded Age crew (Carnegie, Morgan, Rockefeller, etc.)

Im just sayin....

What about:

Steve Jobs - (almost) singlehandedly created the modern computer

Karl Benz - inventor of the modern automobile

Wozniak just ordered the takeout?

Point well taken....Hence my disclaimer of "almost"

Fellippe, who else would you consider worthy??