P90X or Insanity?

ToofDoc

Alright all you fat lazy Lambo owners and dreamers, any of you attempted either programs? Did you finish? Did you quit? Did you earn results? You loose your flat tire around your waist? After all the time, energy, and time wasted, which program would you recommend me to wast my money on?

Alright all you fat lazy Lambo owners and dreamers, any of you attempted either programs? Did you finish? Did you quit? Did you earn results? You loose your flat tire around your waist? After all the time, energy, and time wasted, which program would you recommend me to wast my money on?

hmmmm..have been thinking about picking one up..probably P90X. should have a lambo power contest of sorts lol

will also elaborate..have tried P90X...it obviously depends what kind of shape your starting in, but I know A LOT of people who end up quitting because its a little discouraging when you cant do a bunch of the moves and there are girls on there doing 20 pullups etc etc haha

I'm leaning towards Insanity due to no equipments required, 60 days vs 90 days, and I heard a lot from peeps that Tony on P90X is annoying. I have no problems posting my before & after only after I complete the selected program! Need to stop watching reality tv shows and get off my ass!!!

P90 has been kicking my ass lately but it's a good workout. Haven't tried Insanity yet...

You going to finish? You seeing results?

Just being honest here:

If you don't workout at all, you will not be able to do Insanity. Get P90X (it's difficult too) and put on your iPod and your headphones if you don't like Tony's narration. It's tough, but Insanity is tougher. Get a door pull-up bar and a set of 20 or 25lb dumbbells and put in the work.

Here's the real secret to getting incredible results using any workout program though. Ready?

Diet.

Sorry to break it to you.

Just being honest here:

Diet.

Sorry to break it to you.

Word! That is important! There's no easy way out, not looking for short cuts here either. Just want real opinions on these two programs.

Which one you've used

Did you finish (or how much longer you have left)

Have you seen noticeable results

Do you recommend it

More of a review thread, y'all get my drift?

....Need to stop watching reality tv shows and get off my ass!!!

I am totally in this boat lol. Been studying for boards and haven't been doing $hit otherwise..need to get in gear after these tests.

Re: tony being annoying...definitely agree lol..i got to the point where I would just mute him and play music. I can't really comment on insanity because I've never tried it. Looks like a hell of a work out. It seems a lot more cardio based than P90X which I would definitely have to build up to lol

I think crossfit or that style and environment workout is better than both p90x or insanity. Working out at home, you will never truly push yourself to the limit.

Find a gym that incorporates both strength building routines then crossfit type routines on the same day.

I think crossfit or that style and environment workout is better than both p90x or insanity. Working out at home, you will never truly push yourself to the limit.

Find a gym that incorporates both strength building routines then crossfit type routines on the same day.

Crossfit routines build strength. :icon_thumleft:

Word! That is important! There's no easy way out, not looking for short cuts here either. Just want real opinions on these two programs.

Which one you've used

Did you finish (or how much longer you have left)

Have you seen noticeable results

Do you recommend it

More of a review thread, y'all get my drift?

05lsv isn't a pudgy weekend warrior. The guy is a very fit (ripped)

As far as insanity-p90

Basically any good workout routine with proper diet will get you fit. Consistency is the key.

I have friends that did p90x and the diet as much as they could. The hardest part was finding an hour a day to do it, but it worked. If you can finish you'll go from pudgy to in good shape and you'll be able to do a lot of pull ups.

One friend did slip a vertebral disc from the exercises.

Insanity- I thought like you, no equip, quicker. I learned quickly 1. I'm not as young as I used to be 2. There are no shortcuts.

On day three of insanity I threw out my back (I have a bad l4/5.) and didn't finish.

Many recommend getting in shape a little before starring these programs.

But as 05lsv said without diet your progress will be slow and you're more likely to get discouraged.

One of my buddy also mentioned Crossfit. I look at their website, it just looks to complicated!? No defined workout, bunch of philosophies!? Every place has their own workout routine, I just think its too complicated (those of you don't know, look at Crossfit.com and see for yourselves).

I like to try Insanity or P90X because I like the comfort of my own home and I like to do it with my hot fiancée! We both want to be fitter.

Any P90X or Insanity attempters or completers here?

Assman, I hope that 4/5 back injury didn't prevent you from riding your bull!

I will definitely take your warning on these work outs. I'm expecting pain and soreness, but never thought of injuries. Definitely don't want to get into worse shape! Thanks for the heads up.

Working out at home should be only a supplement to your actual workouts with a trainer. I got much better results meeting with a trainer 3 times a week and doing cardio at home. The advantage of working with a trainer besides their experience is that they set a pace so you see results but you don't injure or over work yourself. Plus for me if I'm paying I take it more seriously. Look for a trainer that does Olympic lifting and crossfit routines combined.

Like everyone said diet is key. Clean up your eatting habits, make better choices cut out processed carbs, up your lean protein and drink 2-3 liters of water a day. I used a app called myfitnesspal, it really helped me get a better understanding of the calories I was taking in and putting out. It takes a deficit of 3500 calories to lose one pound of fat, burn this into your memory and make it your mantra. You can build that deficit by limiting intake or burning more calories, no magic bullet.

Hope that was of some use.

I like to try Insanity or P90X because I like the comfort of my own home and I like to do it with my hot fiancée! We both want to be fitter.

If you want to workout at home and incorporate your fiancée into your routine you should strap a dong on her and have her chase you around the house with 25lb leg weights on you..

If you want to workout at home and incorporate your fiancée into your routine you should strap a dong on her and have her chase you around the house with 25lb leg weights on you..

:lol2: :lol2:

Is this from personal experience?

i did p90x for about 80 days and then quit. I already worked out plenty, just wanted a change in routine and a break from the gym crowd. Everyone always wants to talk...lol. The most noticeable change I made was in the amount of pull-ups I could do. Before - 5-6 full range of motion. After - 14-15. A couple of years later (present) I can hit 20 or so on my first set, but like hanging a plate around my waist and doing them weighted now. It's a pretty cool feeling to be able to rip out pull-ups - not many people can.

The ab routine is difficult - I couldn't finish the whole thing at the exact pace (fast!!) of the DVD for about 2 months. The Legs and back video is the toughest of the set, with plyometrics coming in second.

Again, I can't stress enough a good diet. If you eat like shit and do p90x like a madman, you'll gain a little muscle and get stronger, but you won't notice the changes like the folks on the p90x infomercials. Diet is 75%, and that applies to all workouts, whether they're home or gym-based. If I had to make a recommendation, spend some money on a good nutritionist to make you a plan. It will cost you ($1000+ if you work with someone reputable), but it's worth it.

Good luck.

I already have a gym partner and go to the gym 4-5 days a week. I got P90X with my twin sister, mainly to encourage her to start exercising more but it's pretty much what 05LSV said...you can do any of these till you're blue in the face and you won't notice as much as moderate exercise with dieting. Personally, I prefer crossfit stuff to P90x. Crossfit gyms are usually smaller and you have someone there pushing you rather than doing P90x or Insanity at home where if you feel like stopping to have a donut, no one is there to encourage you otherwise.

I already have a gym partner and go to the gym 4-5 days a week. I got P90X with my twin sister, mainly to encourage her to start exercising more but it's pretty much what 05LSV said...you can do any of these till you're blue in the face and you won't notice as much as moderate exercise with dieting. Personally, I prefer crossfit stuff to P90x. Crossfit gyms are usually smaller and you have someone there pushing you rather than doing P90x or Insanity at home where if you feel like stopping to have a donut, no one is there to encourage you otherwise.

Its probably also helpful to see people suffering with you rather than watching the TV with people that aren't struggling at all lol

:iamwithstupid:

If you put the same level of effort towards Crossfit as you would P90 or Insanity you should see better results. Accountability like Chip said is huge, plus there's a lot more stuff available and not limited to just a 90 day program.

And that's the beautiful part about it.....just show up and do your best. More you show up, the more you get into it. Can't necessarily say that about any of these other programs.

Some CF gyms are better than others when it comes to powerlifting and olympic lifting as far as having the equipment for it, experience, and even just the availability/schedule. That's why you may or may not want a membership at a regular gym to be able to complement it if you're into doing specialized strength programs.

Lastly, like 05LSV mentioned....it's really all about the diet. There are some incredibly ripped guys who couldn't do a CF workout, and some CF guys who kill at the workouts and don't look like they work out, lol.

I'm on my last week of Insanity. I took a before photo and will do an after photo so I can send it in for my insanity Tshirt haha :). I liked it. It wasnt really that hard though. I sweat my ass off no doubt, but it's not like the excersizes killed me.

I got 6 days left so I'll report my results.