Diablo spark plugs and other questions

Allan-Herbie

For some reason after changing my exhaust, my Diablo isnt shooting flames like I expected it to... After seeing how old the belts were on it that broke, I wanna go through and change some of the maintence items on the car..

What are the best plugs everyone uses?

Anything else I should check for? How can I get it to shoot big flames like my other cars did?

I think the plug suggestion is in the Diablo Parts list that is stickied in the Diablo section. I'm not sure on the flames though.

There's quite a bit of info on the plugs by searching. I just put in Denso IX27's all is good. As far as the flames? UGH!

If your car is stock. None modified cams, no ECU work etc is should not have any flames out the exhaust. For a stock car this would indicate that your car ECU tune, ignition, or timing etc is way off.

Adding some straight cat delete pipes can give you a nice blue flame when you go of the throttle. My car is stock, and it does that when I run the straight pipes, but its "only" spitting a blue flame off the throttle on the over run or in between gears.

If your car is stock. None modified cams, no ECU work etc is should not have any flames out the exhaust. For a stock car this would indicate that your car ECU tune, ignition, or timing etc is way off.

Adding some straight cat delete pipes can give you a nice blue flame when you go of the throttle. My car is stock, and it does that when I run the straight pipes, but its "only" spitting a blue flame off the throttle on the over run or in between gears.

My car has straight pipes and doesnt seem to do that..

Dear Lamborghinisti,

Cayleigh while old news, still has some valid suggestions...

SAM_2305.JPG

Denso Iridiums IX27 Do not gap them!

SAM_2307.JPG

Valvoline 20w/50 Racing Oil ( Recommended by Steve Gleaner)

SAM_2308.JPG

Redline 75w/90 Diff oil

SAM_2309.JPG

Redline MTL for the gearbox

SAM_2310.JPG

Valvoline Synthetic DOT 3/4

SAM_2311.JPG

Cayleigh says not to forget to use Copper anitseize....!!

Shamile

Shoot mine shoots fire balls not flames! Bright orange the entire width of the car and about 3ft high due to straight pipes and tubi exhaust, nothing else.

People get waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off your ass once one of those come out :-)

Shoot mine shoots fire balls not flames! Bright orange the entire width of the car and about 3ft high due to straight pipes and tubi exhaust, nothing else.

People get waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off your ass once one of those come out :-)

Yes, both of my other Diablos did that, this one doesnt seem to. Dont know why.

That's pretty awesome some of you do your own work on the Diablo. I have absolutely zero experience working on cars, so I'd be scared shitless tearing apart a Diablo.

Allan,

See what plugs you have in the car. The original plugs should be Champion A59GC. As recommended I replaced those with the NGK Iridium IX plugs and car runs fantastic! If you need the number I will check when I get in.

Allan,

See what plugs you have in the car. The original plugs should be Champion A59GC. As recommended I replaced those with the NGK Iridium IX plugs and car runs fantastic! If you need the number I will check when I get in.

Thats sounds great! I will tear into the car shortly, just waiting for my inlaws to leave! Much appreciated!

That's pretty awesome some of you do your own work on the Diablo. I have absolutely zero experience working on cars, so I'd be scared shitless tearing apart a Diablo.
Just do it :icon_thumleft:

en3.jpg

en1.jpg

en4.jpg

Engine_004.jpg