The Brits have the Olympics

capt_chaos

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Independent athletes, too cool to have a country ;)

btw why is this topic in the offtopic and not in the sports section?

Had my first taste tonight. I must say the park is absolutely spectacular, the buzz is great, the volunteers are all really excited and lively (though probably could use them as seat fillers there is thousands of them and sometimes the just have 30 of them for a guard of honour to guide you into a pathway).

We went and saw the handball games between Spain and Denmark; and France and Argentina. There was probably 10-20 empty seats in the 6500 capacity. We got the tickets in the ballot last year (along with hockey this Thursday and Sunday). I think it was full is because this is a sport that is popular all the time not just every 4 years, so a lot of people from the continent and beyond had travelled to see the games, whereas no one really gives a toss about gymnastics come any other year.

btw why is this topic in the offtopic and not in the sports section?

Because this is a "whine about the openings ceremony"-topic, not really about sports. :icon_mrgreen:

Easy victory by Team USA (basketball), love how they involved rookie Davis.

The Mayor of London celebrated the first British gold medal by going down a zip line, and he got stuck at the end.

Article: Boris Johnson Gets Stuck on Zipline

It gave me a little chuckle, I think he's a real character.

I posted that so that I could also post the best meme made from it that made me :lol2:

original.jpg

BoJo is mental! In a one way it is nice to have a politician like that. In another I am glad they are not all like him!

Dead chuffed with Mr Wiggins today!

BoJo is mental! In a one way it is nice to have a politician like that. In another I am glad they are not all like him!

Dead chuffed with Mr Wiggins today!

Wiggins was brilliant. No point betting on the BBC Sports Personality Of The Year, he's got it.

YES! In addittion please tell the commentators in swimming and gymnastics to SHUT THE FLUCK UP

:iamwithstupid:

ESPECIALLY those washed up was beens who can only talk that "back in my time" bullshit.gif