Pieces of my Gallardo

ctomic

Hi everyone,

I am already used to find loose bolts in the driver seat area but this time I found this large bolt on the floor in my Gallardo 04

and its its worring me a bit.

Does anyone know where this belongs to???

sunny wishes from spain,

Chris

Marbella_20120718_00229.jpg

It looks like the hex bolt that bolts down the seat track. I haven't seen the Lambo bolt but I bought a Sparco seat for another car and it came with those to bolt it down to the floor.

almost looks like one of the bolts that hold the upper subframe to the car, I cant remember exactly when i changed plugs i had to pull them out to get to the left bank..

i forgot to mention that it looks like a regular bolt but its made out of plastic and very light.

almost looks like one of the bolts that hold the upper subframe to the car, I cant remember exactly when i changed plugs i had to pull them out to get to the left bank..

Hi everyone,

I am already used to find loose bolts in the driver seat area but this time I found this large bolt on the floor in my Gallardo 04

and its its worring me a bit.

Does anyone know where this belongs to???

sunny wishes from spain,

Chris

Do you mean the drivers side floor........or the garage floor ???

Alan

Hi Alan,

its the drivers side floor. The party number is 191012287.

all the best,

Chris

Do you mean the drivers side floor........or the garage floor ???

Alan

I just took that brace off recently, and those bolts were much smaller than that phone makes this one out to be.

hi jason,

actually i did !!! this was some months ago. Any idea whats its for?

all the best,

Chris

Did u have the clutch replaced? if so it kind of looks like a clutch alignment tool.

Not too many things take a bolt this size on the car.

Guessing it must be a temporary wedge or alignment tool. Not a permanent part of the car, as it would be too weak to stand up to stresses.

Could it be some sort of wheel to wheel hub alignment tool, that you thread into where the wheel studs go?

Were the wheels removed recently?

The wheel hangs on it while you align, that is why it is so long.

These are normally made of metal (mine are SS), but cheapies could be made of plastic (never seen a plastic one).

Also, normally they do not have a hex head on the end, as they are designed to be screwed into the lug hole first, then then wheel slipped on over it. Maybe this is some bastardized version of it?

Does it fit the lug hole? Find out and tell us.

Maybe it is a dash to car temporary bolt used to line up the assemblies?

Or, it is something the factory just throws under the seat as a joke to mess with us.

Or it is your kid's Hasbro mechano nuts and bolts set.

Both of these guesses are likely wrong, but worth looking at.....

• 5 weeks later...
Not too many things take a bolt this size on the car.

Guessing it must be a temporary wedge or alignment tool. Not a permanent part of the car, as it would be too weak to stand up to stresses.

Could it be some sort of wheel to wheel hub alignment tool, that you thread into where the wheel studs go?

Were the wheels removed recently?

The wheel hangs on it while you align, that is why it is so long.

These are normally made of metal (mine are SS), but cheapies could be made of plastic (never seen a plastic one).

Also, normally they do not have a hex head on the end, as they are designed to be screwed into the lug hole first, then then wheel slipped on over it. Maybe this is some bastardized version of it?

Does it fit the lug hole? Find out and tell us.

Maybe it is a dash to car temporary bolt used to line up the assemblies?

Or, it is something the factory just throws under the seat as a joke to mess with us.

Or it is your kid's Hasbro mechano nuts and bolts set.

Both of these guesses are likely wrong, but worth looking at.....

Since it fell on the drivers side foot well, it has nothing to do with the engine. Just get on your back and use your flashlight.