2008 Superleggera Parts fit 2009 LP?

ToofDoc

Lol. I like the bolt idea. You may need bolts and nuts For the new hatch if There is just a hole in the carbon fiber hatch.

I believe he said the holes were threaded. As long as there is a threaded insert in the SL hatch, he'll be ok. If not, then he's going to have to come up with another solution.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Installation looked OEM in person. I think you missed your calling Andy.

+1 It definitely looks great in person with an OEM look. Great job Andy!

Man, I went buck wild tonight! I took apart the dooor panel, removed the old mirrors, installed both side mirrors and door handles myself tonight! I couldn't believe it!

Now I have carbon fiber side mirrors, door handles, and engine hood/wing!

Tomorrow, I plan to tackle the instrument cluster gauge bezel, and auxillary panel!

I was going to a tune shop to install all these, then I said "F" it, I'll do it myself! I saved a ton of money, but man, my back hurts now! I see why shops charges $100 - $150/hr to do this kind of work!

Man, I went buck wild tonight! I took apart the dooor panel, removed the old mirrors, installed both side mirrors and door handles myself tonight! I couldn't believe it!

Now I have carbon fiber side mirrors, door handles, and engine hood/wing!

Tomorrow, I plan to tackle the instrument cluster gauge bezel, and auxillary panel!

I was going to a tune shop to install all these, then I said "F" it, I'll do it myself! I saved a ton of money, but man, my back hurts now! I see why shops charges $100 - $150/hr to do this kind of work!

You've been busier at home then I have at work tonight. Everything is broke here...glad to see your stuff is going smoothly. Can't wait to see the finished project and bummed I couldn't help you turn some wrenches.

Instrument cluster gauge bezel and auxillary panel done! Two hours of labor this morning, much easier than the mirrors and door handles!

Excellent! Snap some pics!

You're my kind of guy...Diving in head first. If you're mechanically inclined an have an 'ultimate set of tools' (much like a TV repair man would), then there is not much on the Gallardos you can't handle...They are easy cars to work on...

Excellent! Snap some pics!

You're my kind of guy...Diving in head first. If you're mechanically inclined an have an 'ultimate set of tools' (much like a TV repair man would), then there is not much on the Gallardos you can't handle...They are easy cars to work on...

I actually was excited to install these MACarbon parts myself! I received and had plans to have an exotic tuner to install them for me, then I said, F it! I'm doing it myself. I've placed skull and facial bones back together in the OR before and this can't be that bad! I have to say, THANK GOD for all ther resources on Lambopower, Lambotalk, MACarbon, Lamboweb, and please check with our franchised lamborghini dealer sponsors websites....they're were life savers!

It took my total of 10 hours to install the following:

Engine hood/wing

Side carbon fiber mirrors (two)

Door handle/latch (two)

Auxillary gauge panel

Instrument cluster gauge bezel

Here are some pictures

Carbon Fiber parts

LOTS OF PRESENTS FROM MACARBON

PASSENGER SIDE DOOR HANDLE/LATCH

DRIVER SIDE DOOR HANDLE/LATCH

WHAT THE fcuk DID I JUST DO?!! NO TURNING BACK NOW!!

NEW OEM SUPERLEGGERA MIRROR INSTALLED

OLD PARTS (MIRRORS WERE CARBON FIBER WRAPPED)

NEXT UP, I WLL BE INSTALLING THE FOLLOWING AS THEY ARRIVE:

1) CARBON FIBER STEERING WHEEL

2) E-GEAR SHIFT PANEL

3) HANDBRAKE SURROUND

4) HANDBRAKE HANDLE

5) DOOR SILLS