Dihedral doors - The Mclaren MP4-12C

Opens up and out for "easier entry"

7754748872_f0dbc01812_b.jpg

vs Lambo doors - Aventador.

Classic Trademark

lamborghini-aventador-lp700-4-11.jpg

Which looks better?

Cool doors in the following order:

1. Original Countach/Diablo doors. The best then the rest.

2. Gullwings baby!!!!

3.Koinegsegg please.

4. McLaren/SLR/SLS roadster

5. Aventador. \__/

Cool doors in the following order:

1. Original Countach/Diablo doors. The best then the rest.

2. tie : Gullwings baby!!!! and Aventador. \__/

3. Koenigsegg

fixed

Lambo is the only brand that has doors named after them. I was in a restaurant the other night (I was in my Humvee) and the table next to me were discussing putting Lambo Doors on a benz they have. I normally block out tables around me, but when I hear "Lambo" my ears perk up. Given, the table was thinking the best, the original, the Countach / Diablo style. The Aventador keeps it alive. Merc Gullwing doors are just flat out awesome.

Koenigsegg doors are cool, but those cars are too new and we need to see where the company goes. Their models are looking long in the tooth to me. They need an update to the style.

Mclaren doors look more thought out imo. I think they flow better with the design of the car. Maybe kits just ruined the appeal of lambo doors for me. I still think gullwing doors are the best.

I haven't seen the McLaren in real life so my comment might not do it justice but it seems that when the doors open you could have slight issues if you parked in a tight spot close to obstructions, other cars etc they also seem to be in your way when you try to lower yourself in, overall I dislike the looks of the car.

The Aventador doors work very well so based on that I would go Aventador on this one.

The McLaren doors are much more awkward. You can't stand strait up when you gett out of the car or you can hit your head. You have to make sure you are back far enough before you stand up straight. Also a little difficult to close. The postion is a little weird. You really have to reach for the handle when you are sititing in the car.

I see These two cars are compared all the time but in my opinion there is no comparison on any level. The Aventador blows it away in every aspect!

Mclaren doors look more thought out imo. I think they flow better with the design of the car. Maybe kits just ruined the appeal of lambo doors for me. I still think gullwing doors are the best.

:iamwithstupid:

:iamwithstupid:

They are very cool looking, just a pain.

You can not reach the handle to close them while sitting. If you don't start pulling the door down while you are getting in, you need to get half way back out of the car to grab the handle.

The girls usually have a problem closing the door. The can't reach the handle and then the position is so awkward, the door does not completly close.

If you buy one you will need to be a gentleman (Like most of us are! :icon_thumleft: :monkeyleft:) and hold the door and close it for the lady!

the aventador doors look more after thought vs the murcie, diablo and countach. Somehow the older v12 lambo doors just flow with the rest of the cars. Where as the av door doesnt flow as well...

the aventador doors look more after thought vs the murcie, diablo and countach. Somehow the older v12 lambo doors just flow with the rest of the cars. Where as the av door doesnt flow as well...

+1

Hate AV doors and some other stuff but it still looks better then the MC, IMO.

Koenigsegg is by far my favorite for doors. McLaren is like a mix between lambo doors and gullwing and i'd rather have either of the latter over the McLarens.

+1

Hate AV doors and some other stuff but it still looks better then the MC, IMO.

thats because overall people like the av over the mac... but just looking at the doors, the av doors look more tacked on... reminds me of a gallardo with aftermarket lambo doors...

50011001.jpg

Lamborghini_Aventador_doors_up_1024x640.jpg

thats because overall people like the av over the mac... but just looking at the doors, the av doors look more tacked on... reminds me of a gallardo with aftermarket lambo doors...

Wow, they are almost identical in those pictures.

One would think Lambo could have came up with a better design then that.

:iamwithstupid: also the doors on the 2013 Mac are easier to use (minor adjustments) plus they added a button for the door handle. instead of sliding your hand to open.

:iamwithstupid: also the doors on the 2013 Mac are easier to use (minor adjustments) plus they added a button for the door handle. instead of sliding your hand to open.

actually once you get used to it, no problems... :) its when you dont spend any time with the car that you kind of fumble on the door opening attempt. But pretty cool

Yeah i know... that portion was kind of disappointing to me. I think its the wheel arches complimenting and run parallel to the lines of the door on the diablo, ct, and murcie that make it special. The av just doesnt have that...

Yeah i know... that portion was kind of disappointing to me. I think its the wheel arches complimenting and run parallel to the lines of the door on the diablo, ct, and murcie that make it special. The av just doesnt have that...

I agree, also from every angle the CT, Murci and Diablo look better with the doors open then the AV with its doors open, they just dont look right.....at all. Also the mirrors, I mean they dont flow with anything on the car.

I hope I dont offened any AV owners, IMO the car is amazing except for door and mirrors.

I havent had a chance to get upclose and really look at the MAC yet, but Im sure its a great and well thought out car.

The button is a nice touch for the doors.