Plasti Dipping a Car

Chipster

Anyone tried this? I hear good things about it, especially for the cost. Considering trying this with one of the cars or even both. Since the Diablo has red interior, I'm thinking maybe the blue matte or the gunmetal grey. Yay or nay?

Haha ok. Maybe I don't know enough about it. I definitely haven't seen one in person either. Just was curious. There are some videos on YouTube on an M3 and it didn't look too bad there. Maybe I will try it on the cheap DD.

Go for a wrap until the plasti-dip gets more popular.

You can wrap the Diablo for $600 in materials, but the prep and labor will run the tab up to $2500 or more. You need to remove the bumpers, trim, headlights and tail lights, emblems, etc to get it to look right.

Yeah I did some carbon fiber wrap myself on the rear so I guess I'm just curious to see how this compares. I will probably try it on the C230 and see how it does since I don't really care much about that car lol

Gunmetal grey on red interior would be hot as hell.

I think I'm going to the DD that color and I can't use it on both. Basically I hadn't thought of this and the Benz is white with black interior with matte black wheels and accents but I just did the calipers green. So green calipers really limits my color choices. So that's why I'm thinking gunmetal on the Benz. And if I'm satisfied with it then maybe the blue on the Lambo. Its about $460 for the materials so if I don't like it then I just peel it off. The whole reason this came up is that both my cars are white and I hate that haha. Plus I have decided that I want to wait another year or so before I buy anything else and I want to change up the looks a little in the meantime.

My dad has a 7.3 diesel that they rarely drive and it needs paint or something so I may try that too.

Assman, you should do that.

I think I'm going to the DD that color and I can't use it on both. Basically I hadn't thought of this and the Benz is white with black interior with matte black wheels and accents but I just did the calipers green. So green calipers really limits my color choices. So that's why I'm thinking gunmetal on the Benz. And if I'm satisfied with it then maybe the blue on the Lambo. Its about $460 for the materials so if I don't like it then I just peel it off. The whole reason this came up is that both my cars are white and I hate that haha. Plus I have decided that I want to wait another year or so before I buy anything else and I want to change up the looks a little in the meantime.

My dad has a 7.3 diesel that they rarely drive and it needs paint or something so I may try that too.

Assman, you should do that.

We were talking about this on another forum. They make it seem real easy on youtube and the cars come out pretty damn good. The plus side is, it peels off and its very cheap! Im going to order their kit and try it on my honda lol.

I saw numerous cars plasti-dipped at Bimmerfest East a few weeks ago and there were one or two that looks pretty good, but most looked like shit, even from far away. The color was not even, streaks all over the place, places where you could kind of see the paint color underneath, etc., and even the ones that looked pretty good, IMHO, were not up to par for a Diablo.

Makes sense. I think you have to do at least 4 coats to help avoid the streaks. If I do it, it will be on the DD. Not rushing into anything though :)