fcuking UPS Debt Collector on my ass but not my debt.

Jagata

Let someone use my place of business as a pickup location for UPS that had pre paid labels, now UPS wants me to pay for the shipping so I said fcuk OFF now they have a collection co. on my ass. fcuk UPS hate them I will never ship with them.

Let someone use my place of business as a pickup location for UPS that had pre paid labels, now UPS wants me to pay for the shipping so I said fcuk OFF now they have a collection co. on my ass. fcuk UPS hate them I will never ship with them.

How can they bill you just because the packages were picked up there? Send them a letter asking to verify the debt.

The way I'm understanding this is that there was a package with pre-paid labels on it with a pickup address at your place of business. Right?

And now UPS has billed you for the shipment...? this should only be possible if they had your account number and used it for the shipment.

The labels had the shipper's address not even mine, I don't even have a UPS account neither. That's why I'm pissed. I called them and said it's a mistake, they didn't even want to hear my reasoning. The thing they have over me was I signed what I thought and was told by the driver it was a receipt for pick up, so that is what they are using against me. Yeah I should of not signed anything but I always sign for packages that they deliver and thought nothing of it at the time. However what about the pre paid labels, do they mean nothing? Last time I ever do favors and use my location for UPS pick up.

this is why I hate UPS, they charge for the pick up even after you have purchased the labels. when you request a pick up, they tell you that they are going to bill the location of the pick up, so whom ever requested the pick up knew ahead of time that you would be billed.

How much is the amount of the debt? Do you know the person you allowed to use your location for pick up?

Get this, the items that were shipped were HRE wheels from OC to Colorado for $1000.00 WTF. I shipped a Cadillac Escalade from Florida to California for less. Yes I been in touch with the original shipper and he and I been trying to straighten this out, we done conference calling to UPS stating he was the shipper not me and still they won't correct anything.

Get this, the items that were shipped were HRE wheels from OC to Colorado for $1000.00 WTF. I shipped a Cadillac Escalade from Florida to California for less. Yes I been in touch with the original shipper and he and I been trying to straighten this out, we done conference calling to UPS stating he was the shipper not me and still they won't correct anything.

At this point, other than having your address, what do they know about you? You don't have a billing account with them, didn't arrange the shipment, etc.

How much is the pickup charge anyway? I realize it's all on principle, and FFS why won't the shipped just pay the damn bill.

If the collection co. wanted they can get info from my business from my local county and city office, all public info. The shipper paid the labels from his account and UPS is treating this as a seperate order. So many errors tacked on more errors on UPS side, but they won't listen to reason or logic; only from a piece of paper I should of not signed. Yeah its only 1K but I don't pay even a 1.00 just because someone says I have to without legit reasons.

They have dont have a contract with you, and they certainly arent going to take it to court for $1000. Ask them to provide you with a signed contract or stop harrassing you.

If the collection co. wanted they can get info from my business from my local county and city office, all public info. The shipper paid the labels from his account and UPS is treating this as a seperate order. So many errors tacked on more errors on UPS side, but they won't listen to reason or logic; only from a piece of paper I should of not signed. Yeah its only 1K but I don't pay even a 1.00 just because someone says I have to without legit reasons.

If you're on good terms with the shipper, just have him cut a check to pay ups and get them off your ass. Are they dinging you for just a pickup fee, or the whole shipping charge?

There are FCRA and FDCPA rules/laws about verifying debs, and on the surface they don't have any legitimate claim to bill you for this shipment. If you send them a dispute letter, they are to cease collections/reporting until they can verify all the information, your non-existent account, etc, and provide you with that verification. If they can't, then they have to stop collections and if they continue, you can sue them for it.

Sure they can look up your info, but that doesn't mean you legitimately owe them anything.

UPS said I signed a shipping layden (spelling) , which was I assumed a pickup receipt. Based off that alone I am suppose liable for their charges. I battled with them for quiet some time where now time has past that the third party collection has taken over. From the time of the first notification nothing was solved and now here I am today with this collection co. calling me. All this could been taken cared of if UPS would of admit to the mistake but all they see is a account receivable $$ and let it get to collections.

At first UPS now I singing the same song to the collection co.

How long has the collection company been on you? Less than 60 days, or more? It's an important time frame.

You have a PM coming shortly.

HBLAMBO, for education purposes, please let us know the results from this. I've used UPS for my business for over 5 years and never heard of such a scenario playing out. I have had shipments picked up from clients locations numerous times, it would suck for them to ever find a bill on their desk for a return/pickup service!

Will do, I just had the original shipper fax a second letter stating that he was the shipper and not me so leave me alone. Doubt it will help but it's a shot.

HB,

Have you check if it currently reporting on your credit? If it is reporting, and not simply listed make sure you send contact the major 3 and file a dispute. It will give you time to work things out and it will keep you from having to talk to UPS/Collections after the fact to get it fixed. Last thing you want to do is have to deal with them again, as it requires work on their end that they require written mailed requests to do. Takes months. Just some advice.

Best

HB,

Have you check if it currently reporting on your credit? If it is reporting, and not simply listed make sure you send contact the major 3 and file a dispute. It will give you time to work things out and it will keep you from having to talk to UPS/Collections after the fact to get it fixed. Last thing you want to do is have to deal with them again, as it requires work on their end that they require written mailed requests to do. Takes months. Just some advice.

Best

It's less than 60 days old, so it better not be reporting yet.

It's less than 60 days old, so it better not be reporting yet.

Perfect scenario. It should be listed, just not active however.

Best