Windshield tint

murcivu

Has anyone done this before? What are the pros and cons? I'm really contemplating doing this before I install the windshield onto the car. I love the "cloak" look of a tinted windshield. I'm just worried about night time visibility and what to do if it starts to peel later on. What % would you recommend? TIA.

Has anyone done this before? What are the pros and cons? I'm really contemplating doing this before I install the windshield onto the car. I love the "cloak" look of a tinted windshield. I'm just worried about night time visibility and what to do if it starts to peel later on. What % would you recommend? TIA.

My Murci came with the windshield tinted. I think its 35%. Sides have to be 20%. You cant see inside unless the sun is directly shining in it, and then you only see shawdows. You dont need sunglasses..lol, but at night its a little challenging at times.

Ive done 50% a BMW 745 and that was perfect IMO.

I would stick with 50-75%

I have 50%. I think it helps reduce glare, it's a little darker at night but I don't really have any issues. I prefer it over non-tinted for daytime.

403519_669013405446_81007528_n.jpg

One thing with tinted windshields, that isn't the same ticket as dark tinted side windows. They can impound your car for a tinted windshield, as its considered to obstruct your view of the road and a major safety hazard.

Bullshit, but you're asking for it, especially here in CA.

on cars that i use all the time, i really need to have the windows tinted because it's especially hot here in the philippines. i just jump between 50% and 35% depending on the vehicle. i use the lighter shade for sportscars wherein i want more road visibility. it's not difficult to drive at night especially with HID lights.

I tinted my G windshield with Llumar ATX 30%!! All my other windows are tinted to 5%! It's great driving during the day, but night time it can be challenging. I'm OK with this because my G is not my daily driver and I don't take her out during the night as much.

Tinting the windshield is illegal in most states, do check with your state laws. If you're tinting your daily driver then I would adhere to what your state tint laws dictates and use the percentage that your state allows! If your tinting your non-DD, then I say go for it but you're doing it at your own risk! I've gotten pulled over numerous times for speeding, none of the cops even peeped at my illegal window tinting because they were too excited to see the car!? Been very lucky!

30% looks bad ass on the windshield!! I'm loving it so far!

I have 50%. I think it helps reduce glare, it's a little darker at night but I don't really have any issues. I prefer it over non-tinted for daytime.

403519_669013405446_81007528_n.jpg

:iamwithstupid:

I tinted my G windshield with Llumar ATX 30%!! All my other windows are tinted to 5%! It's great driving during the day, but night time it can be challenging. I'm OK with this because my G is not my daily driver and I don't take her out during the night as much.

Tinting the windshield is illegal in most states, do check with your state laws. If you're tinting your daily driver then I would adhere to what your state tint laws dictates and use the percentage that your state allows! If your tinting your non-DD, then I say go for it but you're doing it at your own risk! I've gotten pulled over numerous times for speeding, none of the cops even peeped at my illegal window tinting because they were too excited to see the car!? Been very lucky!

30% looks bad ass on the windshield!! I'm loving it so far!

I saw you rolling East on 70 I think this past Sunday. Needless to say your car looks black as can be!! looks great

I "knew" a guy in AZ that did it to his Diablo.

It was 50% and had to pay the tint company cash (no receipt was given)

At a glance most people really didn't notice that you could barely make out the steering wheel when walking by the car.

"He said" the only real issue was driving where the road was lacking street light.

Made a positve driving experience during the day though. Much cooler inside during the summer.

Not that I would know though :)

Here is another pic of 50% that I took today. I've never had a problem with windshield tint. The ever tint ticket I ever got was in a Murcielago. I only got a ticket for my sidewindows even though windshield was tinted as well. You can't see the edges on the windshield tint so 'it came that way when I bought it/from the factory excuse' should work in most cases.

474888_698802522816_225815995_o.jpg

Thanks fellas. I think I will do 50%. This will definitely not be my daily driver, so should be ok for mostly daytime use. I just like the privacy that it gives you.

Thanks fellas. I think I will do 50%. This will definitely not be my daily driver, so should be ok for mostly daytime use. I just like the privacy that it gives you.

I went with a transitional tint that gets darker in sunlight and lighter at night time. I think it's "Solar Adaptive Transition" tint. It is not too dark even through the windshield.

performante_tinted.jpg