Clean Carbureted Countach (no story's)

Aviatorbobby

For what i can see from pictures i see online, there is not any "good Countach at a fair price": there are a just lot of bad/average cars... and some very good cars for sale at high price. A good car costs a lot, as spare parts are expensive, car is quite complicated, labor cost is high, most of cars are not 100% original or incomplete or FI and is very difficult to find somebody that can restore those cars as they should be. I think Allan's car (injected!) will end to cost 250 k...

So i think you should look for the best car available and pay the money that deserves, or buy one of the worst cars there are on the market and fully restore it.

If i could repeat my experience, i would buy one of the lowest price carbed Countach on the market and i will fully restore it, as now i know how to do it. Otherwise if i were at my first attempt, i will buy one of the better available and will keep it as it is. Consider that the restore of that car is very exciting even if very difficult and expensive.

ciao

+1. Sellers of good cars are not gonna go cheap in a tight market. However, paying more for a sorted car makes sense if you dont want to wait another year or 2 of restoration. The wait for getting anything done to the car at a shop is really a drag on the ownership. I know it is for me.

I think any sellers should make a car presentable for a sale or sell below value. To Bobby's Too many people are putting cars in need of work at above value price. that is what is wrong in this market.

As far as difference in sale price from buyer to seller I would think the buyer has more motiviation to lower the buy price to claim making a god deal or somehow putting evidences for claiming lower taxes ?

Thought that one was sold already.

Good Luck with the Ct hunt! I can't wait to see how that turns out.

Picture taken last yesterday by some Japanese guy who later sent me the picture. I just can't take good pictures, so that was nice.

post-9089-1350348802_thumb.jpg

How about Roy's old Series Two which Tony R has in Fla.? May need an engine out service with clutch BUT it is a 4liter and it is a carbed car and it will continue to rise in value. And so far, no one is really lying about the car and these guys make a sale pleasurable.

How about Roy's old Series Two which Tony R has in Fla.? May need an engine out service with clutch BUT it is a 4liter and it is a carbed car and it will continue to rise in value. And so far, no one is really lying about the car and these guys make a sale pleasurable.

Do you think his price is within reason for that car? When I talked to him it was over 165K

With the work that it needs just to be a driver and then all the little things that it will need do you think that is a good buy?

I'm a bit torn because I do not want to pay to much for something that needs a bunch of work I would like to get a car like that for less than what a comparable car in better shape is selling for when the prices are not very far apart, just like anyone.

Plus that interior doesnt really get my motor running but I could live with it.

I do love a low body and I would enjoy doing the work on it, it's what I am looking for something that needs love I just think its overpriced for what it does need to have fixed.

Wow, that one at Canepa Collection is in excellent condition. What is it for sale for or sold for?

Wow, that one at Canepa Collection is in excellent condition. What is it for sale for or sold for?

A Lot!!! They always ask top dollar.

prices are going up.

31 years ago (1981) i was offered an Orange Miura S for 20 k USD of that time currency... i wish i bought it...

Ten years ago (2002) i was offered the same Miura S at 120 k USD... i wish i bought it...

ciao

Do you think his price is within reason for that car? When I talked to him it was over 165K

With the work that it needs just to be a driver and then all the little things that it will need do you think that is a good buy?

I'm a bit torn because I do not want to pay to much for something that needs a bunch of work I would like to get a car like that for less than what a comparable car in better shape is selling for when the prices are not very far apart, just like anyone.

Plus that interior doesnt really get my motor running but I could live with it.

I do love a low body and I would enjoy doing the work on it, it's what I am looking for something that needs love I just think its overpriced for what it does need to have fixed.

I know that car was discussed in depth. I privately urged several people on the forums to buy this car. No one did. At the time it could be had months ago for 145k area. I couldn't emphazise enough that these 4 liter cars and especially a Low Body car are going to rise and most likely more the other models. Think DD.

Plus I think Tony has been taking a beating with final sale prices. You should check with Roy on what he sold it to him for or check on each forum to read up on that....and offer a little more.

It was not long ago a 4 liter car was under 100k.

The black S2 needs too much work at the $165K price. If I remember correctly he purchased it from Roy for $160K. Besides a new clutch, you need to find S1/S2 front spats. The current spats are from a 5000S. Also needs correct rear wheels...they are 5000S wheels, the fronts are correct.

Brian

The black S2 needs too much work at the $165K price. If I remember correctly he purchased it from Roy for $160K. Besides a new clutch, you need to find S1/S2 front spats. The current spats are from a 5000S. Also needs correct rear wheels...they are 5000S wheels, the fronts are correct.

Brian

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks its too much money for this car.

On another note, is this car a low body? I thought it wasn't?

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks its too much money for this car.

On another note, is this car a low body? I thought it wasn't?

It is a Low body.

But like Brian said it has some things that are wrong with it plus the clutch and so on

The work im not worried about but even at its price I can offset other cost by doing the work myself but it does need alot of work or as some say leave it as is and drive it.

The engine would come out and all mechanicals would be gone over repaired/corrected and for what it is a Full restore is in order but the price...

Tires are toast on the car as well. That interior color is certainly interesting....

Concidering the shape the car is in at the moment needing quite a few things to get it running and knowing what Tony paid for it what is a Good price on this car that some believe will be worth a lot more money in the future.

Again I have no problem with the work I just need to be sure my money is being spent on the right car and I do love the low body even if I need to tear into it.

I still don't know what to do about that interior color I really don't like it.

the number I have in my head is 150K straight up and I know its less than he paid.

Guys, I really remember on fchat that after Roy sent it out for his own PPI, the 140-145 numbers came up afew times. Maybe I'm wrong. I suggest checking with Roy. That car will only go up in value.

They all wind up with an engine out serv.

Also, it seems Tony does not get what he asks for his cars.

Guys, I really remember on fchat that after Roy sent it out for his own PPI, the 140-145 numbers came up afew times. Maybe I'm wrong. I suggest checking with Roy. That car will only go up in value.

They all wind up with an engine out serv.

Also, it seems Tony does not get what he asks for his cars.

I remember that it went from the 140's to like 155K then 160 and I'm pretty sure tony told me he paid $165k how it went from the 140's to 165 needing tires, rims, a clutch and a whole mess of other things I don't know maybe it was because the rest of the motor was good and it wasn't in need af a rebuild but it sure needs a freshining up

I made my offer to Tony but have not heard back yet.

I think I might just go after a FI car for now but I can't even get a response from the guy that just had the 87 FI car on ebay.

And since I'm n Afghanistan on my down time all I do is frequent the forms and search the Internet and I'm not finding shit.

Searching all the normal places.