Clean Carbureted Countach (no story's)

Aviatorbobby

I am looking for a Clean Carbureted Countach (RUNNING) NO DAMAGE, NO CONVERSIONS FORM FUEL INJECTED TO CARBS, NO STORY'S. MUST HAVE SERVICE RECORDS AND BE READY TO SELL. Sorry for the tall order but I am not willing to put up with any more BS from sellers that claim they have something to sell and they don't have what they describe and or will not sell it.

This is not my first Countach and I can take one apart and put it back together blindfolded so Please spare me the BS. I just want a good car TODAY.

If anyone has or knows of a good car I am ready to buy TODAY!!!

Thanks,

I love it! Straight and to the point! Sounds pretty straight forward.

Now if I can only find one LOL

Carb cars are become as rare as 68 Degree in December in the USA. Good luck. I wonder if you should not drop your mileage limitation and go for the rain man car. Just a thought, unless money is no object, then at some point someone will let his go.

Carb cars are become as rare as 68 Degree in December in the USA. Good luck. I wonder if you should not drop your mileage limitation and go for the rain man car. Just a thought, unless money is no object, then at some point someone will let his go.

Carb cars are out there but sellers are telling everyone they sold there cars for more then they sold for trying to drive up prices so the carb cars for sale are over priced.

the Countach market is going up but not that fast.

Rain man car is a nice car however it has been sold.

You can't find any "no need" cars for sale...in fact there are not many for sale period so i am

a little surprised to see you say that they are "over priced". Add in that there are others that

are also shopping around (as you stated the Rainman car sold) and it makes for a really tight market.

I have a friend actually in the northeast that didn't buy one 3 years ago because he didn't like the price increases

back then....now he is completely priced out of the market. He also was a previous owner and i think was heavily

influenced by memories of his 1st time around and old prices.... buy smart but remember they are not going to go

down.

You can't find any "no need" cars for sale...in fact there are not many for sale period so i am

a little surprised to see you say that they are "over priced". Add in that there are others that

are also shopping around (as you stated the Rainman car sold) and it makes for a really tight market.

I have a friend actually in the northeast that didn't buy one 3 years ago because he didn't like the price increases

back then....now he is completely priced out of the market. He also was a previous owner and i think was heavily

influenced by memories of his 1st time around and old prices.... buy smart but remember they are not going to go

down.

I have found out the some sellers stated a higher price then sold for hence trying to drive up the market. Without going crazy over things, If I find the right car then good for me. If not, Been there done that kind of thing.

Time will tell and I have lots of time.

Big bucks to put that back to stock and WAY over priced. Take a good look at the inside.

Thank you anyway.

That car is an absolute mess.

It goes to show that it is soooo difficult to find a no needs car. You'll need something coming off, or recently coming off, a fresh correct restoration.

I know this thought is not for you. But I agree with some that you look for the cheapest, complete, correct car possible. Then get it the way you want it.

Tony's FI car is an example. 72k. We all know the numbers to get that correct (to carbs too). When adding the number it's not all that bad.

Same thing with Chad's yellow car.

It goes to show that it is soooo difficult to find a no needs car. You'll need something coming off, or recently coming off, a fresh correct restoration.

I know this thought is not for you. But I agree with some that you look for the cheapest, complete, correct car possible. Then get it the way you want it.

Tony's FI car is an example. 72k. We all know the numbers to get that correct (to carbs too). When adding the number it's not all that bad.

Same thing with Chad's yellow car.

It may come down to that some day but for now I will just keep looking.

Bob

I agree. I would just say I was interested in any carbed version, and then see what comes up. There is just not that many around. Never was, but the number is a little less each year in the US. Yes, the sold prices are all over the board. They are indeed a good bit higher though. Almost every collector car has gone up.

I agree. I would just say I was interested in any carbed version, and then see what comes up. There is just not that many around. Never was, but the number is a little less each year in the US. Yes, the sold prices are all over the board. They are indeed a good bit higher though. Almost every collector car has gone up.

I also agree.

If anyone has any carbed Countach I will consider.

I know they are not popular around here, but isn't this what the Sack man and Dr. Sheehan are known for specializing in? Pebble Beach quality cars that are not on the market but can be? :icon_mrgreen:

Given the OP's standards, might be worth a shot.

best of luck to you for your search

there are some carbs countach around, with some patience you should find a correctly priced one

I know they are not popular around here, but isn't this what the Sack man and Dr. Sheehan are known for specializing in? Pebble Beach quality cars that are not on the market but can be? :icon_mrgreen:

Given the OP's standards, might be worth a shot.

When "seriously" shopping for a Countach, the buyer must not rule any individual out. Whether you like Sackey or not, or whether you live Roy or not. Ditto for others.

That's very important.

When "seriously" shopping for a Countach, the buyer must not rule any individual out. Whether you like Sackey or not, or whether you live Roy or not. Ditto for others.

That's very important.

Exactly. I would use all resources available if I was searching. Also don't forget to place a wanted add in the classifieds on this and other sites.

Just curious, who is simonrandy? That's most of the email address that is always listed in the Hemmings in the wanted Lamborghini section, offering advice & wanting to buy pre 1990 cars. I've seen it for many years.

i have wondered the same about that Hemmings ad. i also think you may have to look overseas and import a car.

I have found out the some sellers stated a higher price then sold for hence trying to drive up the market.

i am not sure i understand the point. Are you saying that sellers who sold their car are lying about the money they got for it to drive the price of a car they no longer have ? :shock: Does not make sense to me..

It is true that some people have up their ask like the injected at $325K+ they quickly realized the car would not sell and dropped the ask.

The only guy who has sucessfully pushed the envelope is Roy but he did invest a lot in his cars (QV and 400 and some others)

From what i see a good QV is now $180-$200K (without a complete major like Roy's car), 400 re just untouchable and 5000S are selling in the $130-$150K.

The only cars linguishing in the market are carb car in europe because they are priced much higher that the US carb cars. So globally, the car US are the first to go. That will not change unless the euro vs. Dollars comes to parity.

i am not sure i understand the point. Are you saying that sellers who sold their car are lying about the money they got for it to drive the price of a car they no longer have ? :shock: Does not make sense to me..

It is true that some people have up their ask like the injected at $325K+ they quickly realized the car would not sell and dropped the ask.

The only guy who has sucessfully pushed the envelope is Roy but he did invest a lot in his cars (QV and 400 and some others)

From what i see a good QV is now $180-$200K (without a complete major like Roy's car), 400 re just untouchable and 5000S are selling in the $130-$150K.

The only cars linguishing in the market are carb car in europe because they are priced much higher that the US carb cars. So globally, the car US are the first to go. That will not change unless the euro vs. Dollars comes to parity.

The point is I know of two sellers that sold cars and claimed they got BIG BUCKS when they only got fair market for them. I don’t know if they were embarrassed or they want to drive up the prices for the next sale. Point is the market is going up BUT not as much as all the chatter on the forums.

I cant answer for other sellers...as I dont see their books or records...AND it could also be the "Buyer" is blowing smoke up your skirt as He/She may want to appear they "Stole" a car by giving you a lower price then they paid..?

I can only speak for my recent sales..that wer easily documented when the buyers came on another forum and confirmed what they paid..and what is funny, its no BIG secret..heck if you buy a car at Auction its public info and everyone knows, so no reason to keep it a secret..who really cares.

My EXCELLENT condition Blue DD sold for $250K, including shipping from West Coat to East Coast...HOWEVER it was with out question the nicest and most sorted and documented car in recent times and it commanded this kind of momney and was worth every penny of it. I can also add that with in 2 motnhs of selling that car, I brought to the new owner 2 seperate offers of other buyers that wanted taht car..AND each offer started with a 3...he declined both offers and I think he knows that car is only going up...surely not backwards.

My Periscopa car sold to Mexico, to a well know collector for $right at the 600k mark..but again it was so well sorted, 10 for 10 and documented. I can say wiith out question it was hands above in better condition then the one that sold at Monterrey this last August for $665K..so it was a great value at 600K..and IMO would get 700K today if it went to auction..

I think ALL countach cars are on the rise..where will it stop..who knows..remember when you could buy one for $60K..and that was not that long ago..will a 5000 QV be a million dollar car..not tomorrow..but maybe in 10 years..the carb cars for sure will continue to rise...based on simple math that there are NONE to choose from here in the USA>

As far as a well sorted one...GOOD LUCK..they are all 30 plus year old cars...and a Lamborghini is no different then any other 30 year old car..so your either going to pay for it now at the right price with it all correct...or your going to pay for it later to get it all correct..

I am sure there are a few "Gems" out there..but those owners are not stupid..they know what their car is worth..and for the most part have no desire to sell it in the first place. I know of a very very decent Ealry S1 car..but the owner wont even talk unles the offer starts in the 350K range...and IMO, this car is worth every penny of that...after all ONLY 26 or so of those EVER produced.

But what I am confused about...is as you have stated many times..you know and can work on these cars like the back of your hand...so why dont you find a some what OK one and put it in to stellar condition with your knowledge...you would save a ton on cash to DIY AND you wuld have a car, when completed worth more then you have into it...

But IMO, as others have stated to you in multiple places and forums...your quest is un-realistic at the price point you want to be at...but I hope you find what your looking for and whynot...it would be a great find!

I cant answer for other sellers...as I dont see their books or records...AND it could also be the "Buyer" is blowing smoke up your skirt as He/She may want to appear they "Stole" a car by giving you a lower price then they paid..?

I can only speak for my recent sales..that wer easily documented when the buyers came on another forum and confirmed what they paid..and what is funny, its no BIG secret..heck if you buy a car at Auction its public info and everyone knows, so no reason to keep it a secret..who really cares.

My EXCELLENT condition Blue DD sold for $250K, including shipping from West Coat to East Coast...HOWEVER it was with out question the nicest and most sorted and documented car in recent times and it commanded this kind of momney and was worth every penny of it. I can also add that with in 2 motnhs of selling that car, I brought to the new owner 2 seperate offers of other buyers that wanted taht car..AND each offer started with a 3...he declined both offers and I think he knows that car is only going up...surely not backwards.

My Periscopa car sold to Mexico, to a well know collector for $right at the 600k mark..but again it was so well sorted, 10 for 10 and documented. I can say wiith out question it was hands above in better condition then the one that sold at Monterrey this last August for $665K..so it was a great value at 600K..and IMO would get 700K today if it went to auction..

I think ALL countach cars are on the rise..where will it stop..who knows..remember when you could buy one for $60K..and that was not that long ago..will a 5000 QV be a million dollar car..not tomorrow..but maybe in 10 years..the carb cars for sure will continue to rise...based on simple math that there are NONE to choose from here in the USA>

As far as a well sorted one...GOOD LUCK..they are all 30 plus year old cars...and a Lamborghini is no different then any other 30 year old car..so your either going to pay for it now at the right price with it all correct...or your going to pay for it later to get it all correct..

I am sure there are a few "Gems" out there..but those owners are not stupid..they know what their car is worth..and for the most part have no desire to sell it in the first place. I know of a very very decent Ealry S1 car..but the owner wont even talk unles the offer starts in the 350K range...and IMO, this car is worth every penny of that...after all ONLY 26 or so of those EVER produced.

But what I am confused about...is as you have stated many times..you know and can work on these cars like the back of your hand...so why dont you find a some what OK one and put it in to stellar condition with your knowledge...you would save a ton on cash to DIY AND you wuld have a car, when completed worth more then you have into it...

But IMO, as others have stated to you in multiple places and forums...your quest is un-realistic at the price point you want to be at...but I hope you find what your looking for and whynot...it would be a great find!

Roy

First I never said the car has to be perfect I simply said "I am looking for a Clean Carbureted Countach (RUNNING) NO DAMAGE, NO CONVERSIONS FORM FUEL INJECTED TO CARBS, NO STORY'S. MUST HAVE SERVICE RECORDS AND BE READY TO SELL."

2nd, I never stated my price point to you or anyone so I am not sure you are clear as to what I am looking for or at what price I am willing to pay. It is nice that you made the sales you did but this thread is not for you it is for me to try and find a good car at a fair price. That is all nothing more nothing less. End of debate.

SO if anyone has or knows of a good Countach at a fair price, Let me know and depending on what it is I will as the buyer assess if it is for me or not.

Thank you,

Bob

SO if anyone has or knows of a good Countach at a fair price, Let me know and depending on what it is I will as the buyer assess if it is for me or not.

Thank you,

Bob

For what i can see from pictures i see online, there is not any "good Countach at a fair price": there are a just lot of bad/average cars... and some very good cars for sale at high price. A good car costs a lot, as spare parts are expensive, car is quite complicated, labor cost is high, most of cars are not 100% original or incomplete or FI and is very difficult to find somebody that can restore those cars as they should be. I think Allan's car (injected!) will end to cost 250 k...

So i think you should look for the best car available and pay the money that deserves, or buy one of the worst cars there are on the market and fully restore it.

If i could repeat my experience, i would buy one of the lowest price carbed Countach on the market and i will fully restore it, as now i know how to do it. Otherwise if i were at my first attempt, i will buy one of the better available and will keep it as it is. Consider that the restore of that car is very exciting even if very difficult and expensive.

ciao