Why spend thousands on coilovers just to lower your G?

Guest SP_Lotta Murci

Guest SP_Lotta Murci

I will have specs/feedback/pricing shortly. Stay tuned....

416953_10151232266955874_1026028522_n.jpg

Guest SP_Lotta Murci
Dude, your avatar.....lol

My response to this is in my avatar again.

I like your Avatar, but I am also very interested in your shocks. I do like the stance of your Gallardo, but I am wondering what the shocks cost. When are we going to get the info on this product?

Guest SP_Lotta Murci
I like your Avatar, but I am also very interested in your shocks. I do like the stance of your Gallardo, but I am wondering what the shocks cost. When are we going to get the info on this product?

OE shocks, we just replaced the springs

How will the springs affect the quality of the ride?

softer than just cranking down the preload collars (or whatever they are called)? I HATE how bouncy mine is (08 SL). Will you have springs for the 08 SL's?

softer than just cranking down the preload collars (or whatever they are called)? I HATE how bouncy mine is (08 SL). Will you have springs for the 08 SL's?

+1

I am not trying to be super low. I'd like a better ride than the SL springs give. I've been keeping my eye open for a deal on KWs but if there were some better springs, I might give it a try.

Anyone ever look into progressive springs on these cars?

My biggest worry would be this exactly.

I'm in the same boat as well. I find that the 08 GSL feels too floaty for my tastes. Does your spring application solve this issue? Are these of the Swift brand that you guys carried before?

I'm tempted to go coilovers and have looked into KW's. However, unless I'm told the wrong info, KW does not make an pre LP coilover system that retains the front lift function. Anyone know if this is correct? I'd be willing to consider a coilover system as long as it keeps the lift function.

Couple info items I'll contribute...

I've been running stiffer springs then what SP originally had for the PRE LP cars. The testing has been working great on 2 cars so far with the stiffer rate springs we are using 12K and 14K and liking the new feel!

We got the idea from reviewing KW's and Lamborghini various spring rates which actually got stiffer as the years went on. They figured out they could go much much stiffer and still have the ride comfort needed for these cars because of how stiff the body of the Gallardo really is.

LP cars 2009+ come with much stiffer springs from the factory then the PRE LP cars including even stiffer then the OEM 2008 Superleggera.

KW does make several versions of coilovers for PRE LP and LP cars both with front lift options on them using factory or aftermarket lift kits. They have various rated springs and shocks as well depending on the exact year.

Couple info items I'll contribute...

I've been running stiffer springs then what SP originally had for the PRE LP cars. The testing has been working great on 2 cars so far with the stiffer rate springs we are using 12K and 14K and liking the new feel!

We got the idea from reviewing KW's and Lamborghini various spring rates which actually got stiffer as the years went on. They figured out they could go much much stiffer and still have the ride comfort needed for these cars because of how stiff the body of the Gallardo really is.

LP cars 2009+ come with much stiffer springs from the factory then the PRE LP cars including even stiffer then the OEM 2008 Superleggera.

KW does make several versions of coilovers for PRE LP and LP cars both with front lift options on them using factory or aftermarket lift kits. They have various rated springs and shocks as well depending on the exact year.

Do you or anyone know the part number for the KW coilover system for an 08 GSL that either retains the usage of the factory lift system or incorporates one? One of the shops I contacted couldn't find it in KW's SKU book.

Do you or anyone know the part number for the KW coilover system for an 08 GSL that either retains the usage of the factory lift system or incorporates one? One of the shops I contacted couldn't find it in KW's SKU book.

I have a tirerack account and I just checked. It does not mention using or having the lift function so my guess is that it will not retain or offer it to you.

It's also less than the system with lift for the LP cars which supports my findings. Best bet is to call KW directly.

Ron on here that has the Grigio 08SL uses the Swift springs from SP and I think he is pretty happy with them.

I have a tirerack account and I just checked. It does not mention using or having the lift function so my guess is that it will not retain or offer it to you.

It's also less than the system with lift for the LP cars which supports my findings. Best bet is to call KW directly.

Ron on here that has the Grigio 08SL uses the Swift springs from SP and I think he is pretty happy with them.

Yea I talked to Ron a few times. I think from the latest pics of his car, it looks lower than what springs can achieve. Plus I think somewhere in our last conversation he mentioned he was going with coilovers.

I'll have to get back in touch with him.

SP, can you guys also shed some light on this issue?

Guest SP_Lotta Murci

Thanks for being so patient with this process guys. Here is the information that I have so far on these springs.

Front 16.7KG

Rear 9.0KG

Selling price hasn't been released yet. As far as the functions go, the sport springs IS compatible with the front lifting system. Please check back as I'll have more updates this/next week.

Guest SP_Lotta Murci
How would they affect the quality of the ride?

We're currently awaiting feedback from one of our customer that volunteered to test out these springs. Wanting to see how the quality of the ride was for about a week or so.

Any updates?

Will have updates this/next week.