My friends are playing Jimmy Fallon...

MHaynes772

Hey, if it's not too late for some of you West Coasters, my friends Florida Georgia Line are going to be playing Jimmy Fallon tonight. Tune in and check them out. The two singers are good friends and the bass player is my roommate.

Matt

Link to a YouTube video your favorite performance for those of us on the east coast? That is a pretty cool gig to play and I hope they crushed it!

Good buddies of mine I've know since moving to Nashville almost 5 years ago. Really good guys and very down to earth. Crazy to see the rocket to stardom in such short time. Shows what a hooky melody can do. Anyway, their album debuted at #1 and they currently have the #1 song in country music for the 2nd week in a row. Just played Jimmy Fallon, and are on tour with Luke Bryan next year. Pretty cool to watch it. Now, me next! ha

They're the two guys on far left.

post-5348-1355413661.jpg

Anyone I know that likes country loves this song, and the video makes it even better.

One of my wife's favorite songs. I think she DVR'd Jimmy Fallon last night, just because they were going to be performing.

Are you down in Australia? Do people know the song there?

I wish I was in Australia, but I am currently in South Dakota. I am from Kansas, Land of OZ as in Wizard of OZ. :icon_mrgreen:

Product placement pays too. They got a sponsorship from Chevrolet and they each got brand new $60,000+ trucks for free.

I downloaded the single on iTunes a couple weeks ago. Great tune. Hope they have a few more so they can hang around a while.

I downloaded the single on iTunes a couple weeks ago. Great tune. Hope they have a few more so they can hang around a while.

Not sure if you got the album yet, but there are quite a few good ones on this. Joey Moi who produced Nickelback produced this record so it's got some great production behind it.

Some great catchy songs on the record: Get Ur Shine On (which is the next single), Tip It Back, Dayum Baby Dayum, and couple more.

Anyone I know that likes country loves this song, and the video makes it even better.

I def like country and this is a good tune. I will have to check out the full album. And yeah that video is the tits! ;)

fcuk them...We want YOU to make it!

(Actually, it's a cool song, and hope they can give you a hook up!)

fcuk them...We want YOU to make it!

(Actually, it's a cool song, and hope they can give you a hook up!)

Haha, we'll see. It's the nature of the beast of this business. It's funny, december of 2009, they opened for me for some shows when I released my CD independently. Of course, they've been here a lot longer than me.

I took a step by from music in 2011, started working at Apple. I had an opportunity to go to Apple corporate and also an opportunity for music come up this past May and chose to do the music thing. We'll see how it works out. So far, so good.

• 3 months later...

Thats so cool that you are friends with them, I have a good friend of mine that would go BATSHIIT if I told her that. She is a HUGE fan and just saw them in concert in January. I didnt know anything about them until about 4-5 months ago through her, and they sound great. Sounds like they are going straight to the top! I hope you are next Matt! :icon_super:

Haha, we'll see. It's the nature of the beast of this business. It's funny, december of 2009, they opened for me for some shows when I released my CD independently. Of course, they've been here a lot longer than me.

I took a step by from music in 2011, started working at Apple. I had an opportunity to go to Apple corporate and also an opportunity for music come up this past May and chose to do the music thing. We'll see how it works out. So far, so good.

Dude, ditch Apple!!! Go for the music route. You can always go work a corporate slave job.

Dude, ditch Apple!!! Go for the music route. You can always go work a corporate slave job.

Haha dont worry I did. My band has signed with new management and currently we have interest from 2 labels. Just getting all of our ducks in a row before we start taking meetings. Usually it's one shot, just wanna make sure were prepared before we take it.

Thats so cool that you are friends with them, I have a good friend of mine that would go BATSHIIT if I told her that. She is a HUGE fan and just saw them in concert in January. I didnt know anything about them until about 4-5 months ago through her, and they sound great. Sounds like they are going straight to the top! I hope you are next Matt! :icon_super:

Yeah, they're a great group of guys. Very down to earth and humble and I think that's why they do so well. Who they are as musicians is exactly who they are as people. And their music is great. I was at Tyler's house the other night and he was playing me some of the new music they're working on for the next record and I think it's going to take them to places they can't imagine. Good stuff.