fabspeed's foray into the LP700 world - video addded

Fabspeed_Motorsport

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a wrap! :eusa_dance:

Negative Ghostrider it is not a wrap. Want to place a wager? Allen has a thread on ordering his ad personam aventador in azure blue and selling his Verde Gallardo.

Holy crap people read the freakin links.

So I am an asshole. Buddy called me and told me it actually is a wrap. Why the hell xxx3 would present his car as an Azure Blue Aventador instead of a Black Aventador with an Azure Blue wrap is beyond me.

I apologize!

We can all agree that the Aventador in the video is blue. Lets move on and get back to the more important part of this thread... The sound! That Fabspeed exhaust sounds great! I want to hear more clips!!! :icon_super:

He wanted a unique color. He used Ad Personam to get it painted. NOT a wrap.

The car in the picture is clearly a black (or dark colour) car wrapped blue, the door underside and shuts are all black, if it were factory ad personam this would all be blue. The black bits would have to have been painted or wrapped aftermarket to get that effect which although not impossible is unlikely.

That and all round the engine bay is black not blue.

You cant get it done that way ad personam, I have had an ad personam Aventador.

If its there now surely the fabspeeed guys can say if its a wrap or not, not that it actually matters either way its still cool, but it is the internet so we must have vigilante justice and an answer.

I've been answering this question for months now:

35wstq.jpg

I've given a lot of hints in my YouTube video that it's a wrap. You can even clearly see the wrap installers in the YouTube video. Other hints include: Black doors. Small piece around headlights are wrapped. Parking sensors were still in black (they're blue now). Anyway, this is not the first time I've answered this question: http://www.luxury4play.com/lamborghini/117...tml#post1910877

Re-pasted here:

I was brought here by Scott D. First of all, I'd like to say thanks to everyone who vouched for me. I greatly appreciate it. I'm going to be straight-forward and tell you guys:

Long story short: Yes, this is the only Lambo in this color. Yes, the car is a wrap: A very rare and expensive metallic Azure Blue wrap.

Long story: I was originally going for a custom paint job ($10k for the paint job and an extra few grand for Ad Personam) and a Nov/Dec 2012 build with a delivery in Dec 2012/January 2013 (with the original order in Oct 2011 or so). But then someone with a June 2012 build slot bailed on payment at the last minute. So my Lamborghini dealer called me and asked if I wanted the car 6 months early and be able to drive it for an extra summer. The catch was that I was not able to get the Ad Personam (which is necessary for them to get me a never-before-used color) and get the car early at the same time. They also told me that I could paint over it or just get the car wrapped by a really good wrapper who custom-makes wraps. I was worried about how an after-factory paint job would do to the value of the car, so I opted for a wrap instead (also so that it would protect the paint). And thus came the wrap. The reason why the wrap was expensive was that the Aventador cost a lot of money to take apart and wrap. But I got the car half a year early, so I was happy. And I am still the only person to own a Lambo in this color, because the color was chosen by myself and custom made.

Sorry if I disappointed anyone by telling you that it was a wrap. To be fair, I never made any claim that it was a paint job (only that it was the only Lambo in this color). Damn, I feel like those parents who had to tell their kids that Santa Claus ain't real :/

I love wraps! My Aventador is wrapped too! Lets move on people! I'd hate to lose focus of the reason for the thread... THE SOUND!

Congrats on how it looks and SOUNDS!!! The exhaust clips are excellent! I wish I had time to go to Fabspeed and hear it in person. Let us know how great it sounds when you get it back! If you can do more videos, that would be great too! Best of Luck!

Congrats on how it looks and SOUNDS!!! The exhaust clips are excellent! I wish I had time to go to Fabspeed and hear it in person. Let us know how great it sounds when you get it back! If you can do more videos, that would be great too! Best of Luck!

Thanks!

Here are the two sounds put side-by-side:

Stock:

The Green Gallardo in this video actually has a Fabspeed exhaust as well.

Fabspeed:

It sounds much better in my opinion. And I've heard the Gallardo's fabspeed exhaust in person, and it sounds significantly better than my Aventador. I'll put together a better video later this week when I get the Aventador back tonight.

So I am an asshole. Buddy called me and told me it actually is a wrap. Why the hell xxx3 would present his car as an Azure Blue Aventador instead of a Black Aventador with an Azure Blue wrap is beyond me.

I apologize!

i am not really sure why you care so much or why you seem so offended. unless you are planning to buy the car at some point it doesn't really affect you at all.

Now that everyone seems satisfied with the answers they have gotten from Allen, i am going to start a new thread that we can hopefully keep on topic.