fabspeed's foray into the LP700 world - video addded

Fabspeed_Motorsport

over the past month or so we have been developing and fabricating an exhaust for the LP700/Aventador. A good customer of ours sent us a stock exhaust to work off of and we are finally done! The setup saves 30lb off the rear of the car, has built in valves (that are controlled with a remote like our other valved exhausts), the full system is made of 14-16 gauge, C.N.C. mandrel bent T304 stainless steel tubing and is TIG welded by hand here at our shop in PA.

we don't have a video of the setup yet as we are still looking for a car to bring in to do the install on. As you can see from the cutaway of the stock exhaust, this setup will flow quite a bit better on top of saving a substantial amount of weight off the back of the car.

If an LP700 owner is interested in an exhaust system/dyno runs, let me know! the deal i would be offering you is almost too good NOT to take me up on.

cutaway of factory muffler compared to straight through design of Fabspeed x-pipe:

AventadorFactorycutaway.jpg

DSC_1364.jpg

stock exhaust / Fabspeed exhaust comparison:

DSC_1395-001.jpg

DSC_1396-001.jpg

DSC_1389-001.jpg

stock exhaust = 49lbs

DSC_1404.jpg

Fabspeed exhaust = 20.5lbs

DSC_1400-001.jpg

v-band flanged for factory fitment

DSC_1379-001.jpg

quality of the welds

DSC_1378-001.jpg

DSC_1376-001.jpg

valves

DSC_1369-001.jpg

DSC_1374-001.jpg

investment cast/lost wax x-section

DSC_1366-001.jpg

video of the fabspeed exhaust

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks awesome. Why not make the tips look a bit like the stock a bit more to follow the contours of the stock housing. Would it have affected significantly the exhaust note?

Looks awesome. Why not make the tips look a bit like the stock a bit more to follow the contours of the stock housing. Would it have affected significantly the exhaust note?

we actually are bending some stock looking tips that will be optional if the customer prefers!

craftsmanship looks fantastic.

PAGING RAGINGBULL, RAGINGBULL!!!

I've been harassing Kris for a month haha

Any cat bypass pipes?

we need a car to make them, we absolutely will though!

That stock exhaust looks nasty! Great work by you guys. Looks good!

thanks tony!

craftsmanship looks fantastic.

PAGING RAGINGBULL, RAGINGBULL!!!

I've been harassing Kris for a month haha

we need a car to make them, we absolutely will though!

thanks tony!

It's always great to hear from you, David. I know you were joking, but so the rest of the forum knows....

I am seriously considering it. Before I made the trip and saw how great an operation Fabspeed is, I was considering waiting for Kreissieg (which always nails the perfect sound for what I like) or doing the titanium exhaust from Quicksilver. Now, I am also considering the fabspeed system as well.

I do not like taking bits of the car apart, especially at a shop that has never dismantled an Aventador before. I have complete faith in Fabspeed after meeting them and seeing the great people and set up. I have been inclined to wait for Kreissieg only because I know it will be exactly what I like and I won't have to do it again. As David will tell you and anyone who knows me in person, I am crazy about my cars. I don't doubt Fabspeed, but I haven't heard enough yet to know if it is the kind of sound I would like. What I've heard is definitely up there with Kreissieg, and I know they do different versions that focus on different pitches, I just haven't heard the higher pitched versions that would appeal to me yet. Again, I fully believe they are capable, I just haven't been there on a day when there was that kind of system on a car.

So, I am still thinking about it.

Seeing that Aventador exhaust in person while in progress was very, very tempting. The quality is on point.

It's always great to hear from you, David. I know you were joking, but so the rest of the forum knows....

I am seriously considering it. Before I made the trip and saw how great an operation Fabspeed is, I was considering waiting for Kreissieg (which always nails the perfect sound for what I like) or doing the titanium exhaust from Quicksilver. Now, I am also considering the fabspeed system as well.

I do not like taking bits of the car apart, especially at a shop that has never dismantled an Aventador before. I have complete faith in Fabspeed after meeting them and seeing the great people and set up. I have been inclined to wait for Kreissieg only because I know it will be exactly what I like and I won't have to do it again. As David will tell you and anyone who knows me in person, I am crazy about my cars. I don't doubt Fabspeed, but I haven't heard enough yet to know if it is the kind of sound I would like. What I've heard is definitely up there with Kreissieg, and I know they do different versions that focus on different pitches, I just haven't heard the higher pitched versions that would appeal to me yet. Again, I fully believe they are capable, I just haven't been there on a day when there was that kind of system on a car.

So, I am still thinking about it.

Seeing that Aventador exhaust in person while in progress was very, very tempting. The quality is on point.

of course i was joking! also, i wouldn't say you are "crazy" about your cars, you just know exactly what you want and dont want to compromise (which is fair). i am also texting you back now!

Top notch craftsmanship :icon_thumleft:

thank you fortis!

I had a full fabspeed system on my GT3, and have nothing but praise for their product, fantastic quality, fantastic sound and for my next high end car i'll be going Fabspeed again too :D

There is no question about the quality of Fabspeed's products. I am seriously considering this exhaust for my Aventador.

Why not do fabspeed on your coupe and kreissig on your spider? Then they will sound different from each other and you will get even more pleasure out of it!

Why not do fabspeed on your coupe and kreissig on your spider? Then they will sound different from each other and you will get even more pleasure out of it!

With the top off it will sound insane! Good idea. I am getting a 2014 Aventador roadster so it's some time from now. Actually, I will most likely have two other Lamborghini's added to the stable before the 700 roadster gets to me. I am working on one car now. :icon_super: