Gun Value

sharifk

Hey all,

Does anyone have a someone that deals in special edition guns?

Someone I know has a M16 Vietnam War Commemorative edition and an American Armed Forces edition Uzi that they'd like to get a value on to possibly sell. They're in mint condition, never fired, always handled with gloves etc.

Below are a couple pictures I found on the net.

Thanks

Sharif

post-5292-1356664160_thumb.jpg

post-5292-1356664191.jpg

Guns look nice. A little gaudy for me personally but I can see the appeal. All my guns are to shoot though. Can't imagine buying one and not taking it to the range!

Now would be the perfect time to sell too. Everything gun related is marked up with the scare from the recent CT shooting. That will die back down soon and gun prices will probably plummet down once supply catches up.

Search around on Gunbroker for anything similar and see if there is anything similar listed and what it is running for.

Is the Vietnam M16 a real M16? As in full auto/class 3?

Now would be the perfect time to sell too. Everything gun related is marked up with the scare from the recent CT shooting. That will die back down soon and gun prices will probably plummet down once supply catches up.

Search around on Gunbroker for anything similar and see if there is anything similar listed and what it is running for.

Is the Vietnam M16 a real M16? As in full auto/class 3?

I disagree, i think now is the time to sell guns people will USE (or think they'll use) the focus ATM is on hoarding not collecting! I think once it dies down and people stop blowing all their money on overpriced mags and stripped lowers will be the time to sell collectibles.

the same M16 sold for 2600 here:

http://www.gunauction.com/search/displayit...itemnum=9141425

and the uzi

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?...amp;lid=6462601

from the looks of the Uzi, if it's functional, it would need to be transferred as an SBR.

I disagree, i think now is the time to sell guns people will USE (or think they'll use) the focus ATM is on hoarding not collecting! I think once it dies down and people stop blowing all their money on overpriced mags and stripped lowers will be the time to sell collectibles.

the same M16 sold for 2600 here:

http://www.gunauction.com/search/displayit...itemnum=9141425

and the uzi

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?...amp;lid=6462601

from the looks of the Uzi, if it's functional, it would need to be transferred as an SBR.

Jesus? 950 on the UZI??? I paid more than that for my Vector knockoff [edit- PISTOL!!!] [Edit- IN 9MM!!!!] .... DAMN!!!

BTW... I dont predict this round of panic buying will calm down until OBAMA is out of office....

Im probably the most confident that nothing is going to happen.... Im still making plans to grab up whatever else I want right now.

Jesus? 950 on the UZI??? I paid more than that for my Vector knockoff [edit- PISTOL!!!] [Edit- IN 9MM!!!!] .... DAMN!!!

me too! (in .45 though)

Im probably the most confident that nothing is going to happen.... Im still making plans to grab up whatever else I want right now.

im with ya' i keep telling myself i have everything i "need", then i think "what if i cant get what i want for another 10 years" and place another order

Definitely get whatever high capacity magazines you need because those are going away for sure! Was with McMillan today and they said they are BUSY...especially with the 50 cal which is great for anyone that owns one...like me :)

Buy any sidearms that you are considering with high capacity magazines - I would recommend buying 4 additional magazines above what the new sidearms comes with.

AR/M4 lowers (not the complete rifle) is a smart buy for anyone wanting to own one that does not have the funds for a complete rifle.

Definitely get whatever high capacity magazines you need because those are going away for sure! Was with McMillan today and they said they are BUSY...especially with the 50 cal which is great for anyone that owns one...like me :)

Buy any sidearms that you are considering with high capacity magazines - I would recommend buying 4 additional magazines above what the new sidearms comes with.

AR/M4 lowers (not the complete rifle) is a smart buy for anyone wanting to own one that does not have the funds for a complete rifle.

My father bought 35-30 round AR Mags, before the horrific event in Connecticut, and they have skyrocketed in value.

I actually got an AR for christmas

One of these from Spike Tactical. Never heard of the brand, but my father bought it and said they make an awesome gun.

Havent shot mine yet, and I couldn't take it home as he didn't want my mother to see it. lol

post-679-1356746270.jpg

One of these from Spike Tactical. Never heard of the brand, but my father bought it and said they make an awesome gun.

Havent shot mine yet, and I couldn't take it home as he didn't want my mother to see it. lol

Youve never heard of Spikes? They make some fun stuff.... Google "Havoc".

Pockmark...at least you were able to get one! Be sure to purchase a good safe to keep it in! Yeah, he has good taste in "work" vehicles...this is a great truck:

post-10287-1356766448_thumb.jpg

Interesting Opration Red Wing never forget warrior frog on the back of his vehicle. Good taste in having a saw at his disposal in the back of the vehicle (left of his kit).

Interesting Opration Red Wing never forget warrior frog on the back of his vehicle. Good taste in having a saw at his disposal in the back of the vehicle (left of his kit).

You know what they say.... Better to have it and not need it :lol2:

Interesting Opration Red Wing never forget warrior frog on the back of his vehicle.

You noticed that too?

You noticed that too?

Yup.

Guy has some cool vehicles for sure! Love that M16 the OP is selling as well. I'm sure there are alot of soldiers who would love to have that for nostalgic value in their collection!

Pockmark...at least you were able to get one! Be sure to purchase a good safe to keep it in! Yeah, he has good taste in "work" vehicles...this is a great truck:

Yeah I hear there is a 12-15 month wait on them now, and they have doubled in price!

I have a large safe at home already. Actually TOO LARGE, and i cant fit it in my room. It is somewhere around 1100lbs too IIRC, so I cant move it easily. I think i may give my safe to my father and get a smaller version of my Liberty safe to fit in my bedroom. I only have a 3 guns-1 AR, 1 Benelli tactical 12 gauge, 1 SW 9mm, so i don't need the huge 6 1/2 foot high by 4 1/2 deep foot safe i have.

Youve never heard of Spikes? They make some fun stuff.... Google "Havoc".

Yeah I like guns, and have a few, but dont know the ins and outs yet. My pops on the other hand could take over a small country with the fun stuff he has. He has slowly gotten me into it as well.

I need to find one of these drums for my new AR....

Pockmark, just get some high capacity mags and practice your reloads. I have the 100 dual drumb and have never used it.

I need to find one of these drums for my new AR....

They're cool for a novelty item but the ones I owned (for a Saiga and ar never functioned properly) and I would never reach for one in an emergency.

They use that frog on a lot of their parts as well

Pockmark, just get some high capacity mags and practice your reloads. I have the 100 dual drumb and have never used it.

Because they absolutely suck...

All jam, no toast....