tire size help

whiteout

Those wheels. :o :wub:

Look you and me not agreeing .. so rare ;) I am not feeling those wheels at all. They probably are fine on a GTR or Porsche, but seem out of place on the murci, and those rear wheel side walls look like the Pillsbury dough boy. But that said, I am sure with that much sidewall, its got to help to reduce the stiffness of the ridiculously harsh Murci Suspension.

The rear wheel is a bit of an illusion to get to the lightest wheel possible.

It uses a 18" cent with a step lip to make it a 19x13. Most murcies run a 19/20 rear setup with shit for traction but we saved some weight by running a smaller center in the rear. It does make the wheel look a little smaller because of the lip. The fronts are a straight lip19" which appear bigger.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

No one wants to listen to me on this, I swear this is the first murcielago to ever run these and it blows my mind why. It works perfect!

235/35/19

345/30/19

You can't run anything bigger in the back for the awd and up front you will rub if you run anything bigger.

Hello Nick,

I swear I was thinking about you. In fact, I was going to PM you and see how you're doing w/ your new tire setup. Your tires setup do provide a new data point that's shows the 'wisdom' gathered so far might NOT be the most accurate ones... I myself are tempted to try your combo w/ my 19" wheel setup but I've already gone far too deep as far as reverting to 18" setup. Moreover, my dealer is seriously scaring me sh*tless about trying on any further non-factory tires setup...

In any case, I'm glad this is working well for you.

Hello Nick,

I swear I was thinking about you. In fact, I was going to PM you and see how you're doing w/ your new tire setup. Your tires setup do provide a new data point that's shows the 'wisdom' gathered so far might NOT be the most accurate ones... I myself are tempted to try your combo w/ my 19" wheel setup but I've already gone far too deep as far as reverting to 18" setup. Moreover, my dealer is seriously scaring me sh*tless about trying on any further non-factory tires setup...

In any case, I'm glad this is working well for you.

Thanks Alecela. I have the same setup on my TT Gallardo that wasn't supposed to work but it did and so is this one.

The best thing I can say, is it definitely needs a bigger rear tire diameter if your not running a factory setup.

My Murcielago LP640 has a set of these ADV.1 wheels. They fit perfectly to the car. Handling and driving are top notch.

post-208245-1456169111_thumb.jpg

post-208245-1456169142_thumb.jpg

My Murcielago LP640 has a set of these ADV.1 wheels. They fit perfectly to the car. Handling and driving are top notch.

What brand and size of tires?

Toyo tires

235/30/20 on the front

345/25/20 on the rear

P.S. Special thanks to Scott for the excellent shoes :)

• 1 month later...

There is a Murci LP640 that I am looking at that has the following set up (awd)

Front : 235/35/zr19 P Zeros

Rear: 325/25/zr20 P zeros

He has been running those for the last 1500 miles (2-3 years). Are these tires/wheels combo with in specs? Or am I possibly looking at diff/coupler issues?

I think couple of the tires were manufactured back in 2012 so it is time for them to be changed.

Thank you

Has anyone been successful running the 255/30 r19s up front without rubbing? Put a set of 245/35s on yesterday to test fit and they definitely rub.

There is a Murci LP640 that I am looking at that has the following set up (awd)

Front : 235/35/zr19 P Zeros

Rear: 325/25/zr20 P zeros

He has been running those for the last 1500 miles (2-3 years). Are these tires/wheels combo with in specs? Or am I possibly looking at diff/coupler issues?

I think couple of the tires were manufactured back in 2012 so it is time for them to be changed.

Thank you

The variance is 1.1" between your front and rear, that's within the variance (25.4" front and 26.5" rear).

Both those cars look great but I think I prefer the look of 20s

:iamwithstupid:

• 2 months later...

If you are unsure and need help with getting the right set of tires for your vehicle, go to rnrwheels, their highly trained staff will custom fit your wheels to your vehicles specifications at great prices.