UGR 570TT Superleggera Vbox Times

VBUGKING

Who TT'd your current R8?

That is a conversation for a nother day haha. ###### by my house. Actually turned out nice.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! I'll send it over tonight.

Ok, heres the graph of your tun of 4.5 seconds. Looks like you had 2 shifts, 4th should last until past 130mph, so you should only need 1 and your time will be cut down.

post-6539-1361413591_thumb.png

Ok, heres the graph of your tun of 4.5 seconds. Looks like you had 2 shifts, 4th should last until past 130mph, so you should only need 1 and your time will be cut down.

Sweet! Thanks V! If it is not raining tomorrow I will try again. Might cheat by starting on the highest incline I can find too. :)

So if he eliminates the 4th to 5th gear shift ....

What are we looking at ..... 4.2 - 4.3 seconds .....

considering that the car is orange, which of course is the fastest lambo color, i'm going with Pi 3.14159265359....

IIRC Kevin @UGR did a high 4.2x when testing it. I'm going to let a trained pilot go for a 4.1. ;)

Of course he'll be on video so if he tries to bail out of hitting a 3.7 to preserve his own record, I'll have video evidence. :) :) :)

Jr. Hand over the keys and watch magic happen........

considering that the car is orange, which of course is the fastest lambo color, i'm going with Pi 3.14159265359....

IIRC Kevin @UGR did a high 4.2x when testing it. I'm going to let a trained pilot go for a 4.1. ;)

Of course he'll be on video so if he tries to bail out of hitting a 3.7 to preserve his own record, I'll have video evidence. :) :) :)

I know it has been said that it is better to start in 3rd @50 and shift only once, but will starting in 3rd at 50 rocket you out hard enough to make up for the extra shift if starting in 2nd and taking off much quicker???

And do you guys know what the mph is at the top of 4th is in the 560/570 with stock gearing?

One last thing....Joe, find a steeper decline. Your run was on a 1.8% decline. You got some wiggle room there. I think rule of thumb is under 3% for the run to officially count. :icon_mrgreen:

When my R8 just had a tune it was much faster to start in second and around 40 mph. I would get 9.0 seconds starting in 2nd. If i started in 3rd then my times were much slower. around 10.1 seconds.

The R8 shifts slower then the LPs from the factory too.

I know it has been said that it is better to start in 3rd @50 and shift only once, but will starting in 3rd at 50 rocket you out hard enough to make up for the extra shift if starting in 2nd and taking off much quicker???

And do you guys know what the mph is at the top of 4th is in the 560/570 with stock gearing?

One last thing....Joe, find a steeper decline. Your run was on a 1.8% decline. You got some wiggle room there. I think rule of thumb is under 3% for the run to officially count. :icon_mrgreen:

It depends on gearing and shift speeds and boost in 2nd gear. I think its probably about the same starting in 2nd or 3rd, but starting in 3rd is way easier to get a clean run. As I mentioned in the first post of this thread, 4th gear goes up to 138mph in my car.

4.30 today. that was at about 70 degrees out and after about 45 minutes of driving around so it may have another .1 or .2 to shave.

4.3.png

4.30 today. that was at about 70 degrees out and after about 45 minutes of driving around so it may have another .1 or .2 to shave.

I love it when a plan comes together ........

Kisco,

Still think I'm too optimistic ... Like I said Under 4.5 ....... All day .... Every day .......

Nice run, Joe!!

Thanks! I didn't pee myself quite as much this time so my seats should be good for resale.

Nice run! Looks like you only had 1 shift this time, so that helped the time!

Yeah 1 shift and pretty quick at that was nice. It should be under 50 degrees tomorrow AM (while HoustonT is snoozing on the laurels of his 3.87, no doubt) so I may try a quick early morning run before 7 and there's no heat to contend with. Once my 3.86 is firmly in hand I will post an update.

Indeed indeed

Kisco,

Still think I'm too optimistic ... Like I said Under 4.5 ....... All day .... Every day .......

Haha, no way brother...don't forget Joe's car on pump makes 150 more whp than me on race [(yes, I know it is a conv. but still. We will see very soon and trust me, LP will be the first to know..=))]

Joe, get out there and get some 3.x on the good gas.. :icon_mrgreen:

My car has the stock 570 gearing currently.

Aaron, do you know if the gearing in the 560 and the 570 are the same? I didn't think the LP560 could reach 138 in 4th. I thought it was 130. At least that is what I read online.

Aaron, do you know if the gearing in the 560 and the 570 are the same? I didn't think the LP560 could reach 138 in 4th. I thought it was 130. At least that is what I read online.

I am not sure if they are the same, but also remember that the redline is probably extended on my car and may be on your car.

I am not sure if they are the same, but also remember that the redline is probably extended on my car and may be on your car.

Ahh, makes sense now why you can go to 138 in 4th. I don't think my redline is extended given the stock motor. Hopefully my 4th gear at least reaches 130.