Monterey SV intro pics

Allan-Herbie

Thanks Allan, Simply beautiful love the array of colors. I think mine is in the second photo parked in the upper middle frame of the pic. Keep them coming if you find any more.

It would be nice to know which of the original 20 are still on the road. I know the yellow one is in the NY / NJ area with mine. The Monterey blue one owner is a member here and obviously Allan's pearl white. The violet one use to be here on Long Island about 8 years ago but was sold and shipped to Peru, in not the best shspe. That makes 5 that I know of. On a side note the pics do capture some none Monterey Edition SVs and roadsters mixed in.

Thanks Allan, Simply beautiful love the array of colors. I think mine is in the second photo parked in the upper middle frame of the pic. Keep them coming if you find any more.

Yes, that would be yours, the closer red one is not a Monterey.

It would be nice to know which of the original 20 are still on the road. I know the yellow one is in the NY / NJ area with mine. The Monterey blue one owner is a member here and obviously Allan's pearl white. The violet one use to be here on Long Island about 8 years ago but was sold and shipped to Peru, in not the best shspe. That makes 5 that I know of. On a side note the pics do capture some none Monterey Edition SVs and roadsters mixed in.

I have pics of me driving the purple one.. My friend owned it for years... Id say he went through atleast 500 bottles of nitrous in that car, and it never broke, never leaked oil.. Dead stop launches..100s... I could of bought that car for 120K in 2001. Was for sale and then went to I think Ny, where someone put some terrible wheels on it, then it got sold again and dissappeared.

I have pics of me driving the purple one.. My friend owned it for years... Id say he went through atleast 500 bottles of nitrous in that car, and it never broke, never leaked oil.. Dead stop launches..100s... I could of bought that car for 120K in 2001. Was for sale and then went to I think Ny, where someone put some terrible wheels on it, then it got sold again and dissappeared.

[/quote

Yes that is one and the same. I called it violet. It was for sale by the owner that had a stereo store, here in Valley stream Long Island NY. He put a high end stereo in it and a set of purple and chrome Lowenhart 20 inch rims. The SV could only drive in 3rd, 4th and 5th. I was interested at one time on the chrome kinesis originals but when I actually saw them they were bent and pitted. Plus he was asking 4k for them in as is condition. He still uses pics for his local advertisement and business cards.

[/quote

Yes that is one and the same. I called it violet. It was for sale by the owner that had a stereo store, here in Valley stream Long Island NY. He put a high end stereo in it and a set of purple and chrome Lowenhart 20 inch rims. The SV could only drive in 3rd, 4th and 5th. I was interested at one time on the chrome kinesis originals but when I actually saw them they were bent and pitted. Plus he was asking 4k for them in as is condition. He still uses pics for his local advertisement and business cards.

I wouldnt be suprised on the transmission.. We ran that car day and night, from drag racing at Moroso... to street racing.. Ive prob been in that car 100X when we dumped the clutch at 5K rpm.. This guy would race anyone, didnt matter if it was a stock honda.

Amazing to see that many SV's together...even back in the day!

all i can say is..WOW..

thanks for sharing..really beautiful!! if only its possible to do something like that again with all the diablos!

:iamwithstupid: :icon_thumleft:

I just saw a picture of what i think was #19, which looked like Blue Ely or something similar to that (possibly the same color they introduced teh SV with, that had the orange SV sticker on the side. Regardless it has to be my favorite monterrey edition.

What is the differance between an SV and a Monterey edition SV?
One difference I didn't realise until I saw these pics is the Monterey has the SE30 'body pinch'* under the doors.

Wish they'd done that with the normal SV's...!

* for the want of a better description..

What is the differance between an SV and a Monterey edition SV?

Some minor differences... Diablo SE 30th style side skirts, Sv Monterey embroidered in seats, Monterey numbered plaque, colored matched rear spoiler, different wheels.

Some minor differences... Diablo SE 30th style side skirts, Sv Monterey embroidered in seats, Monterey numbered plaque, colored matched rear spoiler, different wheels.

Also the shifter is carbon and lettered Monterey Edition, side door sills are bare dry carbon and they came with a 5 piece luggage set that has the SV Monterey Edition lettering pressed into leather. I was lucky to have the original set with my car. The rear spoiler was color matched but also the center fin was bare cleared carbon. Lastly there were only 20 made. All this for an extra 40k. I have my original window sticker that shows it.

Great pics--and what's so amazing is that the cars still look so good 14 years later!!

I can't ever see any lamborghini aside from maybe the 1st gen murcielago looking outdated.