Video: McLaren MP4-12C runs 10.55 @ 134.56 MPH, quickest production car behind the Veyron

FikseSTS

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, racing from a dig in the 1/4 mile would be a lot closer, but you can't match all that hp from a roll.

But for the small incremental power increase (if any) is it really worth it????

from a tune? if you talk to anyone who has a tune from Todd they will tell you that not only has power increased but driveability is a LOT better.

but what happens when the factory has another update? do you have to start all over again?

i wonder if that mp4 racing the veyron was a updated car. not that it would change the outcome, but it would be closer.

thats why this is taking so long, he wants to make it so you dont have to keep flashing it.

from a tune? if you talk to anyone who has a tune from Todd they will tell you that not only has power increased but driveability is a LOT better.

thats why this is taking so long, he wants to make it so you dont have to keep flashing it.

I had tt porsche done by evo. then I approached them about doing a TT Gallardo.

They had NO interest so I approached Heffner ... the rest is history!

im running 20" Cor forged 1 piece wheels so i was able to use 325's and 245's

i have a in at Woking so im finding out the most effective way to launch as we speak.

By using a larger tire like a 325 vs the 305 unless you are dropping the aspect ratio like a 30 series to a 25 your rear tire is higher that in effect changes your effective rear end ratio, that will give you a higher top speed but slow down your acceleration if you post the size of your tire I can tell you how much higher it is then stock and your approximate ET loss.

i heard mclaren made the computer almost impossible to crack. the techs have to log in with a(car specific) password just to hook the car up to diagnostics etc..

the computer is like fort knox.

It might be like Fort Knox ...... but, they should have spent more effort getting all the software bugs out of the car's computers, so owners don't have all the glitches they are plagued with. That would be a little more important than preventing people from tuning their car. :icon_mrgreen:.

I love the MP4 more and more...

BTW, is that BC's Veyron in the video posted above?

By using a larger tire like a 325 vs the 305 unless you are dropping the aspect ratio like a 30 series to a 25 your rear tire is higher that in effect changes your effective rear end ratio, that will give you a higher top speed but slow down your acceleration if you post the size of your tire I can tell you how much higher it is then stock and your approximate ET loss.

325/25/20 so it is almost the excat diameter as stock. i crossed this bridge 20 times before i mounted them lol

thx bud

It might be like Fort Knox ...... but, they should have spent more effort getting all the software bugs out of the car's computers, so owners don't have all the glitches they are plagued with. That would be a little more important than preventing people from tuning their car. :icon_mrgreen:.

on the updated version i havent heard of any bugs. we have 10+ owners now so im sure we would have heard something by now.

but what happens when the factory has another update? do you have to start all over again?

i wonder if that mp4 racing the veyron was a updated car. not that it would change the outcome, but it would be closer.

That car wasn't updated by the time that roll was done.

I have heard of NO problems whatsoever post update of glitches.

i figured!

Only glitch I have seen with my car (which is updated) is sometimes when I start the car the radio station resets to whatever the lowest frequency is, 87.5 or whatever.

325/25/20 so it is almost the excat diameter as stock. i crossed this bridge 20 times before i mounted them lol

thx bud

Your 325 / 25 /20 is .80 of an inch shorter than the 305/30/20 that will give you a bit more acceleration and cut back top speed a bit always better to get the performance where you will use it it is also .78 wider that will help your launch .

Your 325 / 25 /20 is .80 of an inch shorter than the 305/30/20 that will give you a bit more acceleration and cut back top speed a bit always better to get the performance where you will use it it is also .78 wider that will help your launch .

impressive! the width of the wheel will also make a difference correct? (wont this make the tire stand taller or flatter which would change all numbers)

impressive! the width of the wheel will also make a difference correct? (wont this make the tire stand taller or flatter which would change all numbers)

The width of the wheel could make a slight difference I didn't notice you had different wheels on the car. If it was on a wider wheel it would depend on if the tire called for a wider wheel or not, then if it was on the wheel width that was the same for both no change . If it was stretched to be on a wider wheel it would not be higher if anything it would be a bit lower, if on a narrower wheel then called for it would be pushed up a bit and be higher. All tires are not always made to spec. To get height you take the width say in your case 325 mm Div. by 25.4 that is 12.795 inch times that by the aspect ratio in this case 25 that gets you 3.198 side wall double it for top and bottom you get 6.396 and add the wheel size in this case 20 inch and your tire height will be 26.396 inch in height

I upgraded my NAV...

What did you do to update Nav. dealer updated software. Or did you do something else. Mine has no Nav I was looking at my choices to change that, I have a small portable that I can put in the cup holder but it would be nice to have on the main screen.

What did you do to update Nav. dealer updated software. Or did you do something else. Mine has no Nav I was looking at my choices to change that, I have a small portable that I can put in the cup holder but it would be nice to have on the main screen.

He placed his Droid phone over the factory screen :icon_mrgreen:

that is a garmin unit sitting there.....

you need your car updated to the 2013 specs to get the factory nav, and the factory nav is horrible... :)

He placed his Droid phone over the factory screen :icon_mrgreen:

that is a garmin unit sitting there.....

you need your car updated to the 2013 specs to get the factory nav, and the factory nav is horrible... :)

My car was updated to 2013 specs it was never ordered with Nav. I didn't look at the picture you posted I thought you might have found a way of adding it other then external.

hmmm.. mine wasn't spec'd for nav either, but was added when they did the updates... I did have the Meridian upgrade $4,795, do you have that? either way, your not missing much....

My car was updated to 2013 specs it was never ordered with Nav. I didn't look at the picture you posted I thought you might have found a way of adding it other then external.

hmmm.. mine wasn't spec'd for nav either, but was added when they did the updates... I did have the Meridian upgrade $4,795, do you have that? either way, your not missing much....

No I have the standard radio never was meant for Nav 3 speakers less and a few little wires and GPS antenna and stuff like that about 10-15 lbs.

heh, no...

So what, that old cellphone looking thing is the factory GPS unit? LOL McLaren!