ECU Tuning

ToofDoc

OK, going crazy here trying to figure which ECU tuning to go with.....at the end of the day, are they all pretty much the same with similar results?

EVOMSit

Velos

RaginBull

Do some complete switch out your OEM ECU boards and some just reboot the software but continues to use the OEM boards? They all increase HP and provide a better responsive shifting and they're all around $3K?

Who should I go with and why? Thanks for your input in advance!

***paging David Rossi***

Which ever tuning brand Fabspeed uses made a huge difference in my SV for the better. I would go with them. I have no experience with any other brands, but that one definitely gets the job done!

Best of Luck!

Fabspeed uses Evomsit.

I went with Fabspeed and Evoms. You don’t really feel big gains on the tune. The car just feels a little more refined nothing that’ll necessarily wow you. I was going to tune with Velos, but honestly I was worried about something happening to my ECU so I went with EVOMS. It's a pricey mod, so if you’re expecting to be amazed you might want to save your money.

I went with Fabspeed and Evoms. You don’t really feel big gains on the tune. The car just feels a little more refined nothing that’ll necessarily wow you. I was going to tune with Velos, but honestly I was worried about something happening to my ECU so I went with EVOMS. It's a pricey mod, so if you’re expecting to be amazed you might want to save your money.

Thanks for that honest input bud! May just save the ECU tuning fees and wait til TT later.

Thanks for that honest input bud! May just save the ECU tuning fees and wait til TT later.

I found the tune on my SV to be well worth it. It is much more responsive and feels more alive.

It would be interesting if David can post the dyno gains for you.

+1

Just wait on the tune and exhaust and just

TT it!!

I've waisted a ton of money on stupid mods that maybe add a few HP over the years. One thing I have learned.... F it all. Go right to TT and save a ton of money.

I've waisted a ton of money on stupid mods that maybe add a few HP over the years. One thing I have learned.... F it all. Go right to TT and save a ton of money.

Yeah, I'm skipping ECU tuning and aftermarket exhaust! I'll save my money.

The ecu tune made a big difference in the throttle response of my SV. It has redefined my idea of what immediate means. The Kreissieg exhaust makes me feel more connected with the engine. I have good pitch and I can tell exactly where I am in the rev band without looking by the exhaust note. I love that. IMO, a tune and an exhaust still preserve the soul of the car. You're just enhancing it to where it would be if not for EPA standards that all cars are forced to meet.

When you tt a car it can be awesome, but it becomes an entirely different machine then what it was originally meant to be. It is cool, it takes it to another level, its just not the same car anymore. A car has entirely different DNA after it gets tt.

Its all good! Even bone stock! :icon_super:

...... exhaust makes me feel more connected with the engine. I have good pitch and I can tell exactly where I am in the rev band without looking by the exhaust note. I love that. IMO, a tune and an exhaust still preserve the soul of the car.....

THIS is why I change all of my stock exhauts. A: too civilized and B: What Ragin' said

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, I'm skipping ECU tuning and aftermarket exhaust! I'll save my money.

Man....I change my mind way too much!! Stay tuned...

• 2 weeks later...

Which TT do you think is the best for your 2009?

Underground Racing or Heifner or another package?

I have a 2004 and wonder which one to go to when I have some disposable CASH... I am looking for performance and reliability. What about NOS?

Your plans?

Opening up a can of worms here! Things get crazy FAST when we compare and contrast UGR and Heffner.

Can't go wrong either way (IMHO).