UGR Twin Turbo Gallardo 93 Octane VBOX Times

Lambofan35

UGR TT Gallardo 93 Octane VBOX Times

I recently sent my car back up to Underground Racing for another round of upgrades to make it the best possible car it can be on 93 octane. You see, I fell into love with the look and feel of the car so much so that I wanted to continue to improve the everyday driveability....yes I know I sound crazy talking about "Twin Turbo and reliability" in the same sentence but thats how I feel about the car. I drove it back from Charlotte, NC to South FL with no issues!

UGR did a bunch of upgrades to my car which you can find here in detail if you read this thread: http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=63863

So after flying into UGR in Charlotte, NC and hanging out for a little bit and getting a grand tour of UGR, we went and got some VBOX times. Kevin and KC had already been on the road tuning the car before I got there but I asked Kevin to show me some of his 60-130mph skills so we went and got a couple runs that were pretty consistent with both of us in the car.

I wasn't worried about race gas so much so he focused on making my pump tune at 15psi the best it could be with some great mods and the same normal driveability of a regular Lamborghini. As of this point, Kevin says this is the FASTEST Gallardo 2004-2008 on 93 octane besides some of the LP560 and LP570 cars. Publicly, I believe the fastest 93 octane of the LP cars (HoustonT) is down to 3.87 on 93 octane anyhow with 1 person driving and we did a 4.06 with 2 people! How much time is an extra 200 pounds worth I wonder :eusa_think:

93 Octane- Gallardo SE- Carbon Fiber complete wide body-Stage 3+ - on a .5% incline with DRIVER AND PASSENGER

4.06 seconds = 60mph-130mph VBOX

Nicks_4.06___GTT___wide_view.jpg

UGR TT Gallardo 93 Octane VBOX Times

I recently sent my car back up to Underground Racing for another round of upgrades to make it the best possible car it can be on 93 octane. You see, I fell into love with the look and feel of the car so much so that I wanted to continue to improve the everyday driveability....yes I know I sound crazy talking about "Twin Turbo and reliability" in the same sentence but thats how I feel about the car. I drove it back from Charlotte, NC to South FL with no issues!

UGR did a bunch of upgrades to my car which you can find here in detail if you read this thread: http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=63863

So after flying into UGR in Charlotte, NC and hanging out for a little bit and getting a grand tour of UGR, we went and got some VBOX times. Kevin and KC had already been on the road tuning the car before I got there but I asked Kevin to show me some of his 60-130mph skills so we went and got a couple runs that were pretty consistent with both of us in the car.

I wasn't worried about race gas so much so he focused on making my pump tune at 15psi the best it could be with some great mods and the same normal driveability of a regular Lamborghini. As of this point, Kevin says this is the FASTEST Gallardo 2004-2008 on 93 octane besides some of the LP560 and LP570 cars. Publicly, I believe the fastest 93 octane of the LP cars (HoustonT) is down to 3.87 on 93 octane anyhow with 1 person driving and we did a 4.06 with 2 people! How much time is an extra 200 pounds worth I wonder :eusa_think:

93 Octane- Gallardo SE- Carbon Fiber complete wide body-Stage 3+ - on a .5% incline with DRIVER AND PASSENGER

4.06 seconds = 60mph-130mph VBOX

post-88571-1364534353_thumb.jpg

very impressive! Those are Jedi knight numbers!

Incline and two people in the car? I see you guys wasted no time in trying to get the best out of the car in the best conditions, eh? Haha.

I have no doubt you can challenge the pump record (3.87) by removing the passenger and just getting on a flat road. Or you could do what I would do and get on a 2.89% decline with a 1/4 tank of gas and run a 3.7 on pump.. :icon_mrgreen:

Nice numbers, Nick. Looking forward to seeing some vids of this beast!

advantage you have over the LP's is that you can brake boost, so you should be able to see 3.7x since you have the quick shift. Also wasn't your run on 20" Michelins?

19" R888's will help drastically.

Nonetheless 4.0 is still very impressive, congrats.

advantage you have over the LP's is that you can brake boost, so you should be able to see 3.7x since you have the quick shift. Also wasn't your run on 20" Michelins?

19" R888's will help drastically.

Nonetheless 4.0 is still very impressive, congrats.

I'm rolling on dubs :eusa_dance: ....the ladys like them, lol. I'm probably going to try some Center lug 18x13 HRE with some 335/30/18 R888's soon so we will see how much better they hook.

As Keving at UGR mentions, we did back to back runs at 4.1X and then 4.06 within a minute of each other run, then the 3rd time he brake boosted it hard and had to let out when the tires were blown off.

I just now realized you are on 20" wheels and not on R888s. Come on man, get with the program..lol

Your car must be an animal to go 4.0 in the conditions that it did it in. Just go to a standard OEM 19" wheel instead of the 18s so you can still roll around in style and not look like you are driving on donuts..=) Keep us posted when you achieve the 3.x sec run on pump gas :icon_thumleft:

Oh, and beat up on that Evo from a roll. I am waiting for that video to pop up on Youtube. :icon_mrgreen:

Nice run, very fast!

Kisco, he cant just change the wheel size that easily, hes on center lock wheels.

Now that I have a $1000 6ft long torque wrench and the right size socket, I can change the rear wheels in 5 minutes if I need to, lol.

HRE wants a minimal amount over regular wheels to do center lock, I think a $100 a wheel so I'm taking measurements for an extra set of rear wheels!