Shark01 Lambo Shopping

Shark01

Hope I can keep this in the general section......more views and really could be an issue with any Lambo, thanks

Looking at 2 non-LP Murci roadsters. Both spec'ed out similar and look clean. Both have clean car faxes FWIW. Both at indy dealers

Car 1

14k miles

4 owners

1A as far as favorite color (tied with another color)

Car 2

5k miles

1 owner

4th favorite color (still a light color, my preference)

I think car 2 will be around $7k more expensive after negotiation.

So assuming equal condition, which would be more important to you?

go for color unless your planning to sell it soon. If the clutch snap, ppi and service history intervals are the same on both cars then miles shouldn't matter

It might help if you told us the colors. You could get the less desirable color and wrap it. 9k less miles for $7k less gives you a lot more bang for your buck should you be looking at reselling in the future. A 9500 mile car will bring more and be easier to sell than an 18.5 k mile car.

If you are planning on keeping forever then that's a different story. A lot of people that planned on keeping forever though ended up selling for some reason or another.

I assume this is the 5k mile car

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Peral-Yello...ht_16572wt_1182

and this the other:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/ve...ex=13&Log=0

Personally in those two I'd go for the orange one. I love the manual tranny in it.

Color is more important than miles as long as its in good shape

Make sure u r ready for a roadster though. I don't think I would be able to deal without a proper top.

Make sure u r ready for a roadster though. I don't think I would be able to deal without a proper top.

Yea, agreed 100% I could never deal with that Crappy half assed top thing.

It might help if you told us the colors. You could get the less desirable color and wrap it. 9k less miles for $7k less gives you a lot more bang for your buck should you be looking at reselling in the future. A 9500 mile car will bring more and be easier to sell than an 18.5 k mile car.

If you are planning on keeping forever then that's a different story. A lot of people that planned on keeping forever though ended up selling for some reason or another.

I assume this is the 5k mile car

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Peral-Yello...ht_16572wt_1182

and this the other:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/ve...ex=13&Log=0

Personally in those two I'd go for the orange one. I love the manual tranny in it.

Yep, you got both right. And both are manuals, I just can't get excited about automatics.

The yellow car has been for sale a couple of months.....and I just have trouble getting pumped by it. Within 30 seconds of seeing the orange one, I was diving under couch cushions looking for spare change.

I like metallic yellow, its Lambos version of Ferrari red after all, but orange and green seem to be the"it" colors

The smart buy is the yellow one, lower miles, 1 owner, and I'm sure they have service records.

The seller knows nothing about the orange one, he doesn't even have a top for it.....but he's trying to get one.

I'm committed to a convertible, I don't know how I would deal with this. I'm still exploring Diablo roadsters as well, but Murcis seem to fit my needs better....except for the top and he added cost.

A friend has a roadster and they hate the fact that it is not a coupe. Top sucks ass.

Is this a guy in Houston? Thats where I am as well. Can you PM me a name? Might be worth a call.

Is this a guy in Houston? Thats where I am as well. Can you PM me a name? Might be worth a call.

Houston is maxed out on yellow cars. Please, for the love of god, do not get a yellow lambo in Houston. We are subject to an increased fuel tax if another fcuking yellow car hits the streets.

Orange is good to go.

xoxo

jhb

ps: murcies suck. unless the sole purpose of the car is to drive to and fro restaurants. go get an LP570 and TT it. meet you on the hardy toll road.

Hope I can keep this in the general section......more views and really could be an issue with any Lambo, thanks

Looking at 2 non-LP Murci roadsters. Both spec'ed out similar and look clean. Both have clean car faxes FWIW. Both at indy dealers

Car 1

14k miles

4 owners

1A as far as favorite color (tied with another color)

Car 2

5k miles

1 owner

4th favorite color (still a light color, my preference)

I think car 2 will be around $7k more expensive after negotiation.

So assuming equal condition, which would be more important to you?

You say non LP Murcie so the car has to be 7 to 10 years old and has a bunch of owners so why so little miles, if it was me I would look long and hard into the miles being original. My LP640 is now 5 years old and I hardly ever use it I have four cars to chose from and I have a little over 13000 miles thats about 2600 miles a year and I put on a lot the first year when I couldn't stay away from it. Point being all the previous owners bought the car drove it a few times and parked it then sold it to the next guy who hardly ever used it and so on and so on. I find it hard to believe you get a new car you drive it until you are bored then park it in the garage. maybe 1 guy would but not 3 or 4.

Owners is a big deal, but i would try and get an idea of how many miles each owner put on the car.. probably doesn't mean shit, but to me it might feel better if 1 guy put most of the miles on it..

If it is between orange and yellow,, go with orange hands down. The yellow cars are harder to resale. Less desirable and usually end up selling for less $..

If it is at 14000 miles check into the clutch.. that is the biggest expense ranging from $9k-$13k service depending on who does it.

Just to close the loop, the guy with the yellow car is firm at $165k, which is pretty pricey for a common color that also isn't loaded with options

The guy with the orange could go to $155k.....but he doesn't have a top which I couldn't do without

So I'm just going to keep looking

Just to close the loop, the guy with the yellow car is firm at $165k, which is pretty pricey for a common color that also isn't loaded with options

The guy with the orange could go to $155k.....but he doesn't have a top which I couldn't do without

So I'm just going to keep looking

I believe the orange Murcie just ran through the $100k auction in Florida and did sell. It is very hard to resell a Roadster without a top (I know..I did sell a clients car without one) The top and framework list for about $18k from Lamborghini and you could get a dealer to probably order and sell one for about $15k. I was offered a used top in like new condition for $10k.

I would use extra caution on the orange car in the way of a very thorough inspection.

P.S. I do know of a silver 6 speed late model Murcie(non lp) coupe trying to be traded right now. Under 8k miles..Dealer looking for mid to upper 150's to make his deal. Feel free to call now if you are looking for a Murcie like this.

I believe the orange Murcie just ran through the $100k auction in Florida and did sell. It is very hard to resell a Roadster without a top (I know..I did sell a clients car without one) The top and framework list for about $18k from Lamborghini and you could get a dealer to probably order and sell one for about $15k. I was offered a used top in like new condition for $10k.

I would use extra caution on the orange car in the way of a very thorough inspection.

P.S. I do know of a silver 6 speed late model Murcie(non lp) coupe trying to be traded right now. Under 8k miles..Dealer looking for mid to upper 150's to make his deal. Feel free to call now if you are looking for a Murcie like this.

Do you have any idea what the orange one sold for?

Thats strong money for the silver car compared to what I'm seeing.

Do you have any idea what the orange one sold for?

Thats strong money for the silver car compared to what I'm seeing.

Not sure on what the orange car brought. Perhaps you can find it online.

I do agree that is strong money on the silver 2006 coupe. I wouldn't mind throwing an offer at him in the middle 140's subject to inspection and quite a bit more information up front. I think his best dealer bid will be in the 140k range.

Not sure on what the orange car brought. Perhaps you can find it online.

I do agree that is strong money on the silver 2006 coupe. I wouldn't mind throwing an offer at him in the middle 140's subject to inspection and quite a bit more information up front. I think his best dealer bid will be in the 140k range.

Any idea what the 100k auction is called?

Any idea what the 100k auction is called?

Hahaha, it's called the 100 Grand Sale at Manheim Palm Beach.

I don't want to step on Brian's toes, but the Orange car went cheap...

This one isn't Brians.......do you know what it sold for?

I have nothing to do with the orange car, but like I mentioned..... have an extremely thorough inspection done.

Four words: Auction-outside-no top-weather