Murci Engine Performance?

AlphaBoy

Does any one knows if a slightly damaged motor/transmission mount affect engine's performance? I'm asking this because I'm getting different answers.

Thanks!

No. I've drag raced my dodge viper with a blown motor mount and pulled my best time at that point (to date) ... similar issues with Porsches of mine.

I've not blown one on my murci, but still conceptually it would had no affect, other then vibrating the crap out of the occupants, or making knocking sounds under hard shifting. The only possibility if somehow a knock sensor picked this up as 'knock' and retarded timing due to it. But its highly doubtful, those knock sounds are at a totally different frequency.

quite honestly anyone saying it affects engine performance is well.....

Thanks a lot for the replies guys. Yeah I know about the vibrations, steering wheel shakes a little bit. I'm going to change both motor and tranny mounts anyway soon as my only concern was performance. I don't have any mis-fires, engine moving all over the place etc.. YET!

Thanks again!

hopefully It came across clearly, that I am by NO MEANS a proponent of saying "fcuk it, dont need 'em" when discussing engine mounts, however, I did so much drag racing in my early years, I was constantly breaking those fuckers on my cars (factory ones), and then would upgrade to the high durometer or that hard plastic shit ones. But I busted enough of them, to know when it was a problem and would still race if time permitted didnt allow for their change out before next event.

But certainly, I've changed nearly all of them in my cars at some point, GTR and Lambo (knock on wood) have never had a problem.....YET...

But it does NOT affect your engines performance, its blissfully will provide you full power and performance, at the sacrifice of vibrating the shit out of you, making knocking sounds, and sounding like something is 'knocking' when you get on the gas, or sometimes off of it.

Dont worry, your power is still there, just get the mounts fixed as soon as you can. I also never miss shifted with busted motor mounts, but I only EVER had one bad at a time. Once one dies, I replace the full set with something better.

GL !

Jon

hopefully It came across clearly, that I am by NO MEANS a proponent of saying "fcuk it, dont need 'em" when discussing engine mounts, however, I did so much drag racing in my early years, I was constantly breaking those fuckers on my cars (factory ones), and then would upgrade to the high durometer or that hard plastic shit ones. But I busted enough of them, to know when it was a problem and would still race if time permitted didnt allow for their change out before next event.

But certainly, I've changed nearly all of them in my cars at some point, GTR and Lambo (knock on wood) have never had a problem.....YET...

But it does NOT affect your engines performance, its blissfully will provide you full power and performance, at the sacrifice of vibrating the shit out of you, making knocking sounds, and sounding like something is 'knocking' when you get on the gas, or sometimes off of it.

Dont worry, your power is still there, just get the mounts fixed as soon as you can. I also never miss shifted with busted motor mounts, but I only EVER had one bad at a time. Once one dies, I replace the full set with something better.

GL !

Jon

Thanks for getting back to me Jon!

I know what you meant, no worries budd. I appreciate the detailed answer to my question too!

You're absolutely right, I had an F360 with busted mounts and it used to "knock" off the gas. I'll pay my mechanic a visit tomorrow for further inspection.

-Moe

No. I've drag raced my dodge viper with a blown motor mount and pulled my best time at that point (to date) ... similar issues with Porsches of mine.

I've not blown one on my murci, but still conceptually it would had no affect, other then vibrating the crap out of the occupants, or making knocking sounds under hard shifting. The only possibility if somehow a knock sensor picked this up as 'knock' and retarded timing due to it. But its highly doubtful, those knock sounds are at a totally different frequency.

quite honestly anyone saying it affects engine performance is well.....

Knock sensors are installed on Murci but the system is not used. Was installed with plans of using it but they had issues on early cars and then never put them into use. Kinda funny.

That is funny, did they also install them on LP Murci's? If they did do the sensors have wiring ran to them?

Yes they did and yes they do. The sensors are in the center engine valley 2 per side. Plugs are at the back of the intake manifold.

• 2 weeks later...

So if the knock sensors aren't utilized in the early Murci's the timing will not adjust for higher/lower octane fuel? Thats kind of scary if the gas station has some weak gasoline you could have some serious detonation.