1983 pearl white

megachad

I never spoke to the fellow in Canada who last had it. I think he paid top dollar at the time he bought it. I remember it being described by Sackey as a multiple concourse winner (back in the 90's).... While it will require a little work on my part to get it back to THAT level, it is a sound and solid starting point. I think that anyone who is unfimiliar with the way these cars were made in the first place; and has taken for granted the giant leaps that have been made by Lamborghini in the fit and finish department, would be dissapointed with a "brand new" Countach.

I think Sackey has a habit of describing cars as they were 20 years ago. A blue downdraft he described as having no needs required $70k worth of work.

I think Sackey has a habit of describing cars as they were 20 years ago. A blue downdraft he described as having no needs required $70k worth of work.

Ouch

WOW...Could it be that the the new owner of the blue car got THUNDERPUNKED by the shop that fixed it? I know nothing of this case, but it would seem like too great of a descrepency in condition for the deal to stick...

WOW...Could it be that the the new owner of the blue car got THUNDERPUNKED by the shop that fixed it? I know nothing of this case, but it would seem like too great of a descrepency in condition for the deal to stick...

Sackey didn't end up selling the car. Roy ended up buying it from the seller and sending it off to George Evans to have everything fixed.

LOL... Im sure there are some that want to think this might be the case... but truth be told, not sure how a shop can possibly thunderpunk it into a 70k bill... parts prices are readily available online.... hourly rate is disclosed ahead of time.... time per job people can guessimate...

Besides, seeing that Evans performed the work, there would be an itemized list of parts and work needed to be done... Up til now, I have not heard anything where Evans rips people off.... Im sure many who have had work done can vouch for them...

Sackey didn't end up selling the car. Roy ended up buying it from the seller and sending it off to George Evans to have everything fixed.

OK, that makes sense...

• 4 weeks later...
Ha...Emilio. I see that you wound up with Ray Grimm's 400S in similar colors. (bianco vs. bianco pearlato) I absolutely LOVE that one. I wish Carlo had taken me more seriously when I told him to call me when Ray was REALLY ready to let it go. It was a truly exceptional example, and I am sure it has only gotten nicer since you became it's keeper...

yes! exactly :) Ray's car

do you have his contact?? i tried to reach him but with no succes... :(

can you help me?? i'd really appreciate that

it is a very good car, i try to keep it as nice as i can

i made a lot of worcks on it and now runs as well as it looks

funny you were lusting for mine since i thought a LOT about your 5000S when it was for sale...i think it is very very nice and special!!! :icon_thumleft:

yes! exactly :) Ray's car

do you have his contact?? i tried to reach him but with no succes... :(

can you help me?? i'd really appreciate that

it is a very good car, i try to keep it as nice as i can

i made a lot of worcks on it and now runs as well as it looks

funny you were lusting for mine since i thought a LOT about your 5000S when it was for sale...i think it is very very nice and special!!! :icon_thumleft:

You guys should exchange cars ;)