Any Tricks To Washing Your Roadster?

szabo_martin

I know this sounds like a stupid question, but the only way I can wash the Roadster is with a garden hose and bucket, being ridiculously careful not to get water near the roof line. I tried using a pressure washer and not getting the water near the roof, but the car still got water on the dash, seats, etc.....is there a trick, or is it just the way it is on these cars?

Nope, you already got it. Not an easy car to wash. You can use a pressure washer if you use a stool and stand higher than the car, but not advised. The bucket hose method is easier.

Washing a roadster is really a big pain in the behind...I've found that a regular hose and 2 bucket system work the best. Even then, there's still some spray into the car. Here's a video of a detailer doing a wash

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-brag/13...ing-swirls.html

I'm sure you guys will love me then, I actually wash my car with the top off. Hose, 'bucket free car wash spray' (but I still use a bucket) and microfiber towels. It works, and works well, no drama with putting the top on just to wash the car and then taking it back off once done, no problem with accidentally power spraying the top. sure, a few sprinkles with find its way into the car, but I quickly wipe it down, and its golden. I can wash my murci quicker then my GTR coupe.

I'm sure you guys will love me then, I actually wash my car with the top off. Hose, 'bucket free car wash spray' (but I still use a bucket) and microfiber towels. It works, and works well, no drama with putting the top on just to wash the car and then taking it back off once done, no problem with accidentally power spraying the top. sure, a few sprinkles with find its way into the car, but I quickly wipe it down, and its golden. I can wash my murci quicker then my GTR coupe.

Dayum!!!

Washing a roadster is really a big pain in the behind...I've found that a regular hose and 2 bucket system work the best. Even then, there's still some spray into the car. Here's a video of a detailer doing a wash

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-brag/13...ing-swirls.html

Lol, that s my car with my detailer.....

Hey guys, I'm Scotty's detailer that wrote the autopia article. When I washed the roadster I would turn the water half way off so that there was little water pressure. I also did not use a nozzle on the hose at all so the water just easily flowed out of the hose. This let me wash the car with hardly any water getting in the interior. Most of the time I would still get a couple drops on the inside but I would just wipe them up as fast as I could because they will stain the leather if you let the dry. I washed that car a million times and never had any problems, it is much faster and easier to wash it with the top off.

Interesting! Never would have tried washing with the top off, thought there would be a waterfall off the engine compartment between the seats! I guess it's all about hose control haha

I just put the roof on. Takes 3 minutes, solo. Normally I wash the car after I've used it (If it needs cleaning). I usually leave the roof on to ensure it drys. This keeps it stretched and avoids creasing the fabric. Removing the top prior to the next use takes 2 minutes tops.

The hardest part is folding the roof and packing it in the bag. I always struggle for what seems like forever with this part of the operation.

My sequence is: Pressure washer rinse with fan lance to remove loose

Snowfoam and wait 15minutes (coffee & ciggy time)

Pressure washer rinse with fan lance

Two bucket wash

Pressure washer rinse with fan lance

Dry with waffle cloth

It is nearly impossible to snowfoam with the roof off and not overspray in to the cockpit. Thats why the roof always goes on.

I know this sounds like a stupid question, but the only way I can wash the Roadster is with a garden hose and bucket, being ridiculously careful not to get water near the roof line. I tried using a pressure washer and not getting the water near the roof, but the car still got water on the dash, seats, etc.....is there a trick, or is it just the way it is on these cars?

Depends on how thorough a job I'm doing -- usually I just keep the hose pressure low, and wipe away the few small splashes. I do have a Shamrock Auto Trim soft parking cover that I sometimes put on to prevent splashes, but usually don't bother.

When washing the rear deck / hood I usually open it first, and put a few microfiber towels down under the horizontal hood vents. This helps prevent too much water getting in around the plugs / coil packs.

W