Oh lawd, please give good coverage

asscelerator

I thought the looks of it would never grow on me but damn, it looks pretty sick in black (purple?)! It should have been the launch color instead of volcano orange.

Wow, in black it looks nuts!

All colors look good, but black is another level! Especially in race mode!

I'm taking this over Veyron ;)

I was due to go to FOS but I did not get tickets as I was due to be away with a (bitch) ex but a lot of friends have gone yesterday (when that was shot) and today - funny how a lot of them have been saying how disappointing the car is, sharing components with a little brother etc...Now they are like wow!

I bet come the super test of the P1, the ThethetheFerrari, the Huayra and the Veyron the P1 will do well but the reviewers would knock the P1 down a bit... Only for the actual owners to rant and rave about the cars. Why do I think this? See all reviews of Mclaren products and then the owners opinions.

Also I am told that the colour on that car is a touch more purple than it looks in the pics.

That looks very good, not sure if I like the purple in the last few shots but all black looks the best so far.

This is what I was hoping the MP4 would look like when it was first announced.

No supercar is gonna look this extreme... If they did it would have completely killed any shot at having a halo car (not just the look but also the aero). Totally unrealistic.

The pictures are all of the same car. It looks different in different light

The color on the P1 running at Goodwood is Amethyst Black - McLaren's take on a dark Metallic Purple. This color will be exclusively available on the P1 along with a color car Petrol Green which is a similarly dark Metallic Green. I've seen one photo of that and it also looks great.

Here's a better view of the paint on the Amethyst Black car.

270505_10152036518988012_1846389096_n.jpg

Bare carbon rear wing is a must I think.

>8^)

ER

It's said to be 90% new, but that mostly is counting modified (heavily or not) design parts as "new".

New pistons, turbos, heads, redesigned block, revised cooling etc.

Car is seriously fast. 53 seconds is quite impressive for Jenson's first run in the car (and on street tires no less).

No supercar is gonna look this extreme... If they did it would have completely killed any shot at having a halo car (not just the look but also the aero). Totally unrealistic.

The pictures are all of the same car. It looks different in different light

Yeah they wanted to make sure not to run out of nice designs, everything makes sense now :eusa_think:

For extreme super cars look at the Aventador or try the Veneno.

Nah, more like they didn't have a couple thousand hours for doing the aero to this level for a measly little MP4-12C. The design of the P1 is aero driven first, then styling second. I consider the P1 a much more extreme design than the Aventador. Just look at the rear deck and diffuser, the fender lines, the side sills. The Aventador has almost no concessions to aero downforce, so I guess my definition rides a bit upon that.

PS: The Venemo is a hypercar. Not in the category that I stated. Supercar as in Gallardo, F458, MP4-12C, etc. None of those look anything as extreme like a P1 and nor will they ever be. Doesn't make any sense for the lineup to be setup like that

Just to put 53 seconds to perspective. That's faster than what was run a few years ago with a McLaren F1 GTR Longtail on slicks...

Over a second faster than Schumi's Benetton as well

supercars-take-to-the-hill-2-of-7.jpg

I like the P1 but in terms of design the Aventador is extreme with P1 being fluid, softer, the first soft line car I really like and if they made a RHD I would buy one.

In terms of hard angles, yes of course. I saw an Aventador in the dealership a couple of days ago. Looked great.

I still can't get my head around that hill climb time. That's friggin insane... This car will easily beat a current day GT3 car.

So they improved upon the MP4s motor but used it as the base to build on?

Same architecture and displacement but nearly every part is different including the block which is stronger than that of the standard 12C and it includes the electric motor within the block. On paper it is easy to make the assumption that it is the same engine simply with more boost applied, but that's not the case.

>8^)

ER