Alex Trebek Under Fire for (Supposedly) Making Kid Cry

WheelsRCool

It is the future, kids text and email all day with 'auto correct' and 'spell check'' Kids won't know how to spell anything in the future because they don't have to think about it.

Same issues with math. Kids can't add. EVERYTHING is done on the computer or calculator.

A lesson worth far more than 9600 bucks. A lesson completely lost on the parents and the poor kid, now rendered meaningless by the whining. ...Opportunity ruined at both ends of the argument rather than just one. Great job, Hurley family :icon_thumleft: .

...The fact that anyone is making a big deal about this just illustrates what a bunch of weak and whiny losers the citizens of our society have become. We're a nation of pussies.
:iamwithstupid:

I have seen several episodes where incorrectly spelled answers where disqualified. They replayed one the other day where someone left off the G in something that ended in ING ie playin instead of playing

• 1 month later...

Ok. Tonight the winning answer was TS Eliot. All three got the answer correct, but one spelled it TS ELLiot. All were awarded points, and the obviously incorrect spelling was not mentioned. I took a photo. Folks on the west coast can watch it in a few hours.

Ok. Tonight the winning answer was TS Eliot. All three got the answer correct, but one spelled it TS ELLiot. All were awarded points, and the obviously incorrect spelling was not mentioned. I took a photo. Folks on the west coast can watch it in a few hours.

Aww crap, thanks for spoiling the answer for me!!!

I used to watch this show often. I had never seen someone given a wrong answer in Final Jeopardy for misspelling. I have even seen Alex stumble through their answer to make them look like an idiot and him the deity and they still got credit. I am all for rules if they are applied equally.

I missed it. I was watching Honey Boo Boo