RaginBull's Power Craft Aventador

Tara

Very awesome Raging Bull! The sound is amazing. Any difference with the Intakes? I liked how they look in comparison to the stock filter.. Just wondering..

Thank you! The new air filter has been installed but since it was done at the same time as the exhaust it's hard to tell how much it's improved the performance of the car (if at all). With the weight savings and the straight pipes the experience has improved greatly. The BMC filters are much higher quality than the stock filters.

WOW! That's the best sounding Aventador I have heard now! I am very impressed!

Thank you!

WOW !!!!!! that sounds insane Kris, would love to hear it in person one day. I would definitely put that on my car.

Thanks! We still have to get our cars together!

great work Kris :icon_super:

Thanks Brother! It will be with me in SoFL in a couple weeks.

:eusa_dance:

Sounds crazy, love it!

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

1500 miles so far with the new exhaust.. and I couldn't be happier! The straight pipes and exhaust really made the car come to life. It is so much more interactive now. I love it.

LOL I stumbled upon your instagram accidentally while looking through "Lamborghini" hashtags. It sounds amazing.

Thank you!

I love the exhaust RaginBull. Sounds truly awesome and definitely evokes that F1 sound. I had an Aventador with the LNB exhaust, then sold it and am now waiting for the roadster which hopefully should be here before the end of the year. I was thinking of the Powercraft for the roadster (along with the Oakley rear wing and Macarbon steering wheel). A couple of questions for you if you get a chance:

I loved the sound with the LNB exhaust but it did have a bit of resonance around the 2500-3500 RPM range that was a bit of a pain on longer drives. I was wondering if you noticed anything similar with the Powercraft. (I'm guessing even if there is though it'll be different for a roadster than the coupe).

Also when starting the car with the LNB up it was loud, not the best thing for neighbors when trying to get out at 6:30am on Saturday to go to cars and coffee, the LNB exhaust system didn't have a switch to go loud or stock though. I think from an earlier post you mentioned it was pretty stealthy in the quiet mode though and just wanted to double check with you on that.

Last question is if you had the factory software exhaust upgrade in addition to the Powercraft? If so do you think that both together make a difference?

Again, I love your car, the Powercraft just nails that exact sound that I love.

I loved the sound with the LNB exhaust but it did have a bit of resonance around the 2500-3500 RPM range that was a bit of a pain on longer drives. I was wondering if you noticed anything similar with the Powercraft. (I'm guessing even if there is though it'll be different for a roadster than the coupe).

The LNB system is great. Their work is quality. The Power Craft sound is more high pitched, whereas the LNB is more throaty. With higher pitched exhausts you don't get the drone that you will find with the more bass heavy systems. The Power Craft has no drone. In fact, sometimes at cruising speeds I check to see if the valves are closed because it is pretty quiet in 6-7th gear at low revs. Then, I drop gears and get on it and it screams.

Also when starting the car with the LNB up it was loud, not the best thing for neighbors when trying to get out at 6:30am on Saturday to go to cars and coffee, the LNB exhaust system didn't have a switch to go loud or stock though. I think from an earlier post you mentioned it was pretty stealthy in the quiet mode though and just wanted to double check with you on that.

The remote controlled valves remember where you left them. So, if you close them when you park it in the garage they will be closed when you start the car next time. Same goes for if you leave them open. In silent mode it makes less noise than stock. So, its on you. :icon_wink:

Last question is if you had the factory software exhaust upgrade in addition to the Powercraft? If so do you think that both together make a difference?

I got the factory exhaust software upgrade before I installed the power craft system so there is no way for me to tell.

My ecu has been tweaked since the power craft system was installed and the exhaust sounds even more mental since that upgrade.

Again, I love your car, the Powercraft just nails that exact sound that I love.

Thank you. I am very happy with it. I wish you the best with your roadster! There are a few solid aftermarket exhaust options available for the Aventador. Which ever you choose, make sure you go with straight pipes. The cats kill the sound.

100 more HP huh? :icon_super:

Straight Pipes + BMC filters + ECU tune = :celb:

:icon_thumleft: :icon_mrgreen:

The LNB system is great. Their work is quality. The Power Craft sound is more high pitched, whereas the LNB is more throaty. With higher pitched exhausts you don't get the drone that you will find with the more bass heavy systems. The Power Craft has no drone. In fact, sometimes at cruising speeds I check to see if the valves are closed because it is pretty quiet in 6-7th gear at low revs. Then, I drop gears and get on it and it screams.

The remote controlled valves remember where you left them. So, if you close them when you park it in the garage they will be closed when you start the car next time. Same goes for if you leave them open. In silent mode it makes less noise than stock. So, its on you. :icon_wink:

I got the factory exhaust software upgrade before I installed the power craft system so there is no way for me to tell.

My ecu has been tweaked since the power craft system was installed and the exhaust sounds even more mental since that upgrade.

Thank you. I am very happy with it. I wish you the best with your roadster! There are a few solid aftermarket exhaust options available for the Aventador. Which ever you choose, make sure you go with straight pipes. The cats kill the sound.

Straight Pipes + BMC filters + ECU tune = :celb:

:icon_thumleft: :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks RaginBull! The advice and tips are much appreciated!

-DJ

Wow your Aventador sounds incredible Ragin!

Any idea what exhaust is used on the cars from LB (liberty walk) performance? I'm sure it's possible they are using their own unique setups. This is the first Aventador I've heard where I liked the exhaust note as much as their cars.

Any idea what exhaust is used on the cars from LB (liberty walk) performance? I'm sure it's possible they are using their own unique setups. This is the first Aventador I've heard where I liked the exhaust note as much as their cars.

LB (liberty walk) performance uses J-WOLF exhausts.

Thank You!

LB (liberty walk) performance uses J-WOLF exhausts.

LB Performance (Liberty Walk) has used J WOLF exhaust systems in the past. They've recently switched to IPE as their exclusive exhaust system supplier, which is being fitted to their current Aventador projects.

If you haven't already, check out the IPE system on youtube. Batventador has it on her car. It was on my short list.

J WOLF is great too. The fact that LBP-LW changed suppliers most-likely has nothing to do with the sound or quality. There are plenty of good exhaust options for the Aventador. IMO Straight pipes are a must.

Best of Luck!

LB Performance (Liberty Walk) has used J WOLF exhaust systems in the past. They've recently switched to IPE as their exclusive exhaust system supplier, which is being fitted to their current Aventador projects.

If you haven't already, check out the IPE system on youtube. Batventador has it on her car. It was on my short list.

J WOLF is great too. The fact that LBP-LW changed suppliers most-likely has nothing to do with the sound or quality. There are plenty of good exhaust options for the Aventador. IMO Straight pipes are a must.

Best of Luck!

Thanks for the info RB! I looked up each of the systems and it seems that the videos I found containing an IPE or J Wolf system don't match the tone of the Lamborghini I'm thinking of. The main car I'm referencing is the "tron" or purple chrome lamborghini that appears in London. It has a LB body kit with it's body lines in orange. This Aventador sound much more aggressive than the other IPE/J Wolf cars I'm seeing online. It sounds very similar to your Power Craft exhaust, but a bit more raspy/deep.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow the Power Craft system sounds amazing. Does anyone know if my local Lamborghini Dealership (Lambo Dallas) will install this, warranty issues and all?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good stuff on the PowerCraft - I work for the Lamborghini retailers in Saudi Arabia and a friend with an Aventador wanted an exhaust, but didn't like the sound of what was available, especially compared to his Murcielago SV. I got him the PowerCraft system (you may have seen the car on YouTube, drives it in Dubai occasionally, Matt Purple vinyl wrap, Oakley Rear/Front spoilers and air intake scoops), nothing compares with the tonal quality. Capristo has a system with Cat-deletes, but it doesn't have that same extremely high pitched natural V12 quality, the iPE is just noise...however...Kreissieg has just released their Aventador system...

Unfortunately, my friend's gotten CEL lights on his Aventador, which I'm rather confident is the poor workmanship of our technicians. He was getting Exhaust Pressure Sensor warnings and overheating catalytic converter codes. One quite prominent tuner has also been giving me horror stories of removing the catalytic converters on Aventadors (apparently engine's blowing up etc). So, check with your dealership first.

For Gallardo's, someone on the first post commented Kreissieg only - as much as I revere that company made of awesome, give Fluid Motorunion (based in Chicago) a call. I've only heard/seen their pre-LP systems, but their craftmanship is astounding, and the sound...It's rare to get that tone without rasp. Mind you, PowerCraft's exhaust for the pre-LP Gallardo's also sounds insane.

Good stuff on the PowerCraft - I work for the Lamborghini retailers in Saudi Arabia and a friend with an Aventador wanted an exhaust, but didn't like the sound of what was available, especially compared to his Murcielago SV. I got him the PowerCraft system (you may have seen the car on YouTube, drives it in Dubai occasionally, Matt Purple vinyl wrap, Oakley Rear/Front spoilers and air intake scoops), nothing compares with the tonal quality. Capristo has a system with Cat-deletes, but it doesn't have that same extremely high pitched natural V12 quality, the iPE is just noise...however...Kreissieg has just released their Aventador system...

Thank you. I have the new Kreissieg system coming for my LP-720. It uses straight pipes too. I have a Kreissieg system on my 670SV.

Unfortunately, my friend's gotten CEL lights on his Aventador, which I'm rather confident is the poor workmanship of our technicians. He was getting Exhaust Pressure Sensor warnings and overheating catalytic converter codes. One quite prominent tuner has also been giving me horror stories of removing the catalytic converters on Aventadors (apparently engine's blowing up etc). So, check with your dealership first.

Sorry to hear that. A Lamborghini mechanic with 20+ years experience did my Powercraft install. He is also a good friend. He took his time and it is perfect. No lights no issues. I have the straight pipes and exhaust - full system, cats removed.

If you have straight pipes on any car with remote valves and drive at speeds for a long period of time with the valves closed it will throw codes. I would check and make sure he wasn't opening it up for many miles at high speeds with the valves closed.

For Gallardo's, someone on the first post commented Kreissieg only - as much as I revere that company made of awesome, give Fluid Motorunion (based in Chicago) a call. I've only heard/seen their pre-LP systems, but their craftmanship is astounding, and the sound...It's rare to get that tone without rasp. Mind you, PowerCraft's exhaust for the pre-LP Gallardo's also sounds insane.

Although I have never seen/heard the Fluid Motor Union products I have heard the same thing from others. Supposedly their work is as good as it gets. I love Kreissieg and Powercraft. Their products are high quality and the sound is amazing. I am sure there are plenty of other great companies I just stick with what I know and love.