Exotic pets

white viper

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umbrella cockatoos are amazing. They were the only other big bird I had experience with when I worked at the pet store. I taught ours to say "hey baby!" Which was always a hoot when she would yell it at a customer.

You guys are all sissys. I have 4 of the most dangerous animals in the world:

They will eat you out of house and home

One minute they will love you, the next they will tear you up.

They take your stuff when you aren't looking.

Once a month they cry, laugh and scream all at the same time.

They have figured out how to take all my money.

They clog drains when they shed.

They can be silent.

They can be sooooo fcuking loud.

That's right.......they're...........

TEENAGE FEMALE HOMO SAPIENS!

:lol2: :lol2:

Umbrella cockatoos are amazing. They were the only other big bird I had experience with when I worked at the pet store. I taught ours to say "hey baby!" Which was always a hoot when she would yell it at a customer.

Is it possible to teach talking birds to say certain things to certain sexes? I would love to be able to teach one to say things like "Nice ass!" to women.

I've raised monitors, snakes, and amazon parrots. I currently have two cats, a regular long hair domestic rescue cat and a Sphynx (hairless) cat. The sphynx is a very cool animal. We call him Egoista a lot now. You can see pics of him on my Instagram if you like.

I would love to maybe get an aquarium and get some discus fish though. From what I've read though, this type of fish requires some real skill for the keeping of it properly:

I had discus for five years. Yes, you are correct, these fish are a pain in the ass. Their main goal seems to be to die in any way possible. Water changes every three days, super picky eaters, and extremely weak immune systems. I gave up after my water heater thermostat went out and I woke up to eight fish that I had raised from young all floating (dead) in a 110 degree tank. I keep angels and rare plecos now and they are a cakewalk in comparison.

100B0330_zpsed79b784.jpg

Jpegs' response was hilarious. fcuk owning any "pet" that can kill you if it has a case of pms or decides you don't smell quite right (I'm talking about lions, tigers, etc. not teenage girls just to clarify).

I've raised monitors, snakes, and amazon parrots. I currently have two cats, a regular long hair domestic rescue cat and a Sphynx (hairless) cat. The sphynx is a very cool animal. We call him Egoista a lot now. You can see pics of him on my Instagram if you like.

What kind of monitors? I got a captive born tiny green tree a few years back and sold it to a girl that will be trying to breed it. Pretty tough but a few out there are doing it. They are pretty cool when captive raised. With the cars you have I can't imagine what designer snakes you may have had.

I added a Green Mandarin Dragonet to my saltwater tank a couple weeks ago. Not very rare but really cool looking.

post-7359-1376862153.jpg

-Not my photo, little guy wouldn't hold still for a pic but looks really close.

I used to breed snakes and had over 100 at one point in time, most all blood pythons, also had a bunch of geckos and other stuff. Have not had time for it in years and my collection is almost gone. I'd like to get a koi pond going and maybe build one or two nice dislpay enclosures for med/large in the house. Maybe a ghost redtail boa or a smaller retic morph like a genetic stripe or partial dwarf albino.

We have an English Bull Terrier right now, which pretty rare around her, but not so much in other parts of the globe.

DSC03626.jpg

DSC06883.jpg

DSC00537.jpg

DSC02771.jpg

DSC04909.jpg

DSC05655.jpg

DSC05016.jpg

I added a Green Mandarin Dragonet to my saltwater tank a couple weeks ago. Not very rare but really cool looking.

post-7359-1376862153.jpg

-Not my photo, little guy wouldn't hold still for a pic but looks really close.

I had a mated pair of Red Mandarin Dragonets back in '01. I even got them to eat flake and other dry foods instead of only live food. They would lay eggs but they would never hatch. Was still pretty cool to watch. Took forever to get the red female in at the pet store. I kept calling our suppliers and finally got one...man was I a nerd!

I had discus for five years. Yes, you are correct, these fish are a pain in the ass. Their main goal seems to be to die in any way possible. Water changes every three days, super picky eaters, and extremely weak immune systems. I gave up after my water heater thermostat went out and I woke up to eight fish that I had raised from young all floating (dead) in a 110 degree tank. I keep angels and rare plecos now and they are a cakewalk in comparison.

Discus are extremely hard to care for. Rare plecos are about as cool as it gets in Freshwater but man do they have some amazing ones out there.. Step up to a saltwater tank and prepare to be amazed...both at the tank and your bank account balance!

my saltwater tanks are a huge money pit lol i have a 135 gallon reef and a 300 shark tank not to mention over 700 snakes and other reptiles

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Now pics or GTFO. ;)

Discus are extremely hard to care for. Rare plecos are about as cool as it gets in Freshwater but man do they have some amazing ones out there.. Step up to a saltwater tank and prepare to be amazed...both at the tank and your bank account balance!

Yeah, I plan on starting a large saltwater tank eventually. Currently planning a possible move to Hawaii in two years, so I'm waiting til I get there. Can't wait til I have the ability to stock my tank myself, for free! I don't even want to think about the logistics and cost of moving a two or three hundred gallon tank with everything in it.

I'm not a fan of exotic pets. It is sad to see these majestic creatures penned in a domestic situation. Very few people can provide the habitat needed for them to thrive.

I suppose if they are rescued from an abuse situation and couldn't fend for themselves - there is a place for domesticated exotics. But they aren't truly exotic because they would perish in the wild (survival of the fittest).

I generally don't enjoy going to the zoo because it's sad to see these beautiful animals behind bars or in small replicas of their wild habitat. I know there are some exceptions - but too many zoo habitats resemble jail (or how I perceive jail) to these animals.

yes those are my albino alligators

my website if people want to see some different stuff

www.albinosunlimited.com

Your collection of ball pythons is mind blowing.