2002 Murci for sale 170K

Mana

The car is owned by an old man in Hawaii who is very ill and needs to sell. He can no longer drive. The problem is it needs some TLC. It has been parked outside since purchased and needs a serious detail/paint. Car has 12k miles. Also needs new wheels and some minor body work due to curbing.

For questions call Dave Hayashi @ 808-224-5160.

The car is owned by an old man in Hawaii who is very ill and needs to sell. He can no longer drive. The problem is it needs some TLC. It has been parked outside since purchased and needs a serious detail/paint. Car has 12k miles. Also needs new wheels and some minor body work due to curbing.

For questions call Dave Hayashi @ 808-224-5160.

Where is Allen ?

Thats way too much money for that car. A clean 2002 murci is only bringing $160 to $170k now. Plus the dash must have some warping/shrinkage as well if its been sitting for that long outside where the paint would get damaged.

Im going to be seeing this car on Sunday. The only thing this car offers me is the convenience of being close by. Ive got a line on an 02 Murci with 5800 miles, tubi, all service records, asking 159,000. There a Black/black 03 9900 mile car available for 169,000. Seems Murci prices have dropped like mad. Now this car needs work, has check engine lights, needs bodywork, rims scuffed, possibly undercarraige damage, and who knows on the clutch andother mechanics. Its basicly a project car. But yes, undoubtedly, the cr is priced way to high.

Guest SP_wEaZeL

Yeah, the pricing is way too high. I think with the problems listed, $130,000 tops should be the going price for it!

We just had a 02 murci sell in west palm theft recovery with 11,000 miles, two bad wheels, paint was poor, yellow with black interior sell for $116K. Salvage title but it was running and driving.

The car that's in hawaii sounds like project. Personally I don't mind playing with cars that have had theft, fire or minor accident damage, but a car thats been neglected like the one your talking about is hard to bring back up, especially interior stuff that there is no mention of in the post. I don't think I would pay more than $120 for the car in Hawaii.

Keep in mind what I have discussed elsewhere in this forum, murci/gallardo prices are droping so fast its alarming yet older diablo prices are steady and SV, roadster and 6.0's are rising. Clean 6.0's now command more than 02 murcies and sell a lot faster as well (my observation).

Remember the WTF murci? It was an 03 that was missing the front bumper and one rocker panel, according to the seller the car was perfect otherwise. He had a buy it now of $150 but the car never did more than $115 on ebay. I would say thats the closest comp you can get for the car in question.

Check here :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=4552542231

Yes, ive been mulling this over in my head, and it really becomes a question of, what does the difference in price need to be, to justify the headache of fixing it, the unexpected headaches that always pop up, and the fact of knowing the car was mistreated from the beginning.

I also forgot about the 03 car, and i was offered the 02 car for 120, but turned it down.

Here is additional info on the car:

There is a left bank bach engine light coming on, the SRS Airbag light is also illuminated, the interior leather needs professional cleaning, the passenger side mirror has up/down function, but lacks side/side function, the center consol ashtray is broken, the rear passenger side tail light housing has a leak that allows condensation build-up, there are superficial scratches around the lower extremities as Bill mentioned, and cracks in the driver side rocker panel/running board, the front clip is scuffed, and the driver side rear bumper needs some adjustment from a past low speed impact.

I have washed, clayed, and buffed the paint before applying Adam's Polishes to the finish. The paint has cleaned up very well and it shows the quality that is latent in the finish from the factory. I have begun cleaning the interior up, and will get to work on engine detail following that. If I keep the car long enough, I will be taking it in for servicing and fluid replacement, as well as tire/wheel replacement, however that will increase the end price obviously.

What is funny, is that Porsche guys think this car is a deal.

i just sold my 2003 with rims and exhaust and 3000mi on it for 168g, try lower the price!

I would be very careful even paying 130. To get a true lambo paint job will run you around 15K to 20K easily . I am sure if he was an old man and had put 12k on the clutch it will need to be addressed soon. Keep in mind you can buy a clean no issue car's for 160K . If you subtract the paint cost you will have to spend plus the clutch you are already close to 130K with just those issues. Add on top of that any additional work and you are in the red big time. What sucks about paint work on a newer lambo too is you have to pay out the ass to have it done and when you go and sell the car it actually detracts from the value for having the work ! I am sure shipping it off of the island would not be cheap either. I would really do my homework on this one. You get into ANY interior work done and you could be in trouble. If the dash has shrunk , if the top of the door panels have hardened , anything on the interior could be big dollars to have it redone and done right. I don't have to tell you about buying lambo cosmetics. Its all expensive ! I would think the car would need to have its valves done shortly considering it has 12K on it . That toped with the current engine issues would be more bucks. After all of that then you have to worry about the sitting factor. A lot can go wrong with car that had laid dormant and exposed to the wether. $110 to $115 would be my number but even at that I would have to study on it !

With this type of car I like to have more room. If you pay $120k, by the time you fix everything correctly, paint the car corectly (taking everything apart) you'll be in the car for rough wholesale. Whats the point? What if theres a problem lurking that you don't find till after the purchase? To give you an example the a--hole (i'm being nice) that owns Exotic Toys car rental in miami was driving his Murci two weeks ago when it lost oil pressure. Being the astute lambo owner that he is he drove it until the motor locked up. He was f-cked so hard it wasn't even funny. Luckily we knew someone who had a burned murci that had a good long block, the long block alone set him back $45K! Not including labor!

Hey Allen, as much as I want you to get a Murcie I don't want you start hating Lambos and change your name to Allen-Ferrari :lol:

A Murcie project can be a very costly and lenthy one, parts are not cheap to say the least so is the Labor. If it was mint cond car I would say hagle a bit and buy it but with all the things you mentioned I don't know.. :-k

I have seen few of those projects before run for much less so do your math.

One more thing I want to mention, becarefull of those "old man/Lady driver" and "From a doctor" cars, this "old man" could have easly been the devill himself such as Jessy James or Bam Magera type.

If you don't buy this car tell the seller he has a $99k offer from me.

:butthead:

Amazing. I am totally lost with the latest M prices. What the heck is going on ? The really awesome 02/03 low mile cars, had an asking price of 200K+ a year ago. What is the deal with these prices ? The 6.0 has passed the 02/03 Murcielago ? How bizarre. The 02/03 Murcielago will definately continue to fall in price. It has a way to go. You also have the updated car waiting around the corner. - This will not help the 02/03 car.

The 6.0 has some type of cult following, amongst the faithful. With the current trend, the 6.0 is going to put some more distance between it, and the 02/03 M cars. The 6.0 queens have a retail "asking" price of 195K.

I forgot to ask, what color is the car?

Allan, if you don't mind buying a car in florida I can turn you on to an 02 thats mint for under $170k.

I could swear this car was for sale about 6 months or a year ago - same MO, old ill guy in Hawaii, blah blah blah ....

I could swear this car was for sale about 6 months or a year ago - same MO, old ill guy in Hawaii, blah blah blah ....

Yes, im wondering that too, that maybe it was a rental.

How can they explain the condition? Just the wheel/undercarriage damage should have been enough to total it if it were insured.

• 2 weeks later...

wow guys I didnt know the prices were dropping like that for a murci. I was looking for a good price for a gallardo 130's. If anyone knows of a good or decent deal on a murci PLEASE let me know. This will be my first lambo purchase and hopefully not my last. I have practically gotten every other car make and now is the time to try a lambo :)

Thanks guys!

Scott

Houston

It was never a rental car gang. Allan, I might have news for you in a week or 2.

• 2 weeks later...

The murci in miami for $170k has been for sale for almost 8 months with no takers. The car is now being traded in on a nortech cat (theyre giving him $180k on trade).

True 6.0's do have a cult following. Many consider the interior to be the best. The styling is smooth yet aggressive. Many also consider it to be (OK now easy folks) the last true Lamborghini and lets not forget their reliability and low production #'s approximately only 130 were delivered to the U.S. If anyone remembers I had started a thread a while back titled "Price of Murci's on a death slide" but it seems to have gone south I can no longer find it on this foram. I was jumped all over for that one :roll:

I seems that 02/3 Murci's that need a little TLC might soon go for under $100,000.

I seems that 02/3 Murci's that need a little TLC might soon go for under $100,000.

Huh?

You mean wrecked Murci's?

-James Miller