Changing valve cover gaskets

Allan-Herbie

Great answer lol But No fun in doing that though, I haven't had a look at the Diablo setup closely yet, but I would say a good bit of stripping down needed to get access correctly. It's something I'll add to my refresh when the time comes.

Are you seeing signs of weeping around that area Allan? Or just looking to do some preventative work?

Im seeing some weeping and debating on whether to take on the project myself. Seems some oil is getting into the top of the spark plug chambers. Lately Ive been trying to take on projects to keep myself entertained. After all these years I think Im realising its more fun to go out and play with the cars, rather than sit at home on the computer talking about them.

Allan, I know they are both engine out tutorials which you don't need to do for the valve seals but the Lambo web engine out repair DIY and the DIY thread on here by FiveCar may be helpful. I thought about doing this too but I may just pull the engine over the cold season and do a full seal replacement all around.

Allan, I know they are both engine out tutorials which you don't need to do for the valve seals but the Lambo web engine out repair DIY and the DIY thread on here by FiveCar may be helpful. I thought about doing this too but I may just pull the engine over the cold season and do a full seal replacement all around.

Ya, Im thinking maybe I just wait till it needs a bunch of things done. Maybe just change the plugs and be done. Car is running great otherwise.

Ya, Im thinking maybe I just wait till it needs a bunch of things done. Maybe just change the plugs and be done. Car is running great otherwise.

Yeah doing the work yourself will make it not so expensive. Plus I wont care about taking my time and doing other things like dressing up the engine bay, coating the headers, doing the drain spigots for the radiators, painting the intake manifold, etc.

Lamborghinisti,

Good project. Shamile?

It would be an interesting project when the time comes.

Im seeing some weeping and debating on whether to take on the project myself. Seems some oil is getting into the top of the spark plug chambers. Lately Ive been trying to take on projects to keep myself entertained. After all these years I think Im realising its more fun to go out and play with the cars, rather than sit at home on the computer talking about them.

:icon_thumleft: There is a lot of fun in doing these things. I don't play golf and this is my way of relaxing. I turn up the techno in the garage and just have fun taking things apart.

I wouldn't wait till you have a bunch of stuff. Go with this first and dive in step by step. Don't try to take it on all at once.

Make sure to post some pix so we can all chime in.

Shamile

Lamborghinisti,

It would be an interesting project when the time comes.

:icon_thumleft: There is a lot of fun in doing these things. I don't play golf and this is my way of relaxing. I turn up the techno in the garage and just have fun taking things apart.

I wouldn't wait till you have a bunch of stuff. Go with this first and dive in step by step. Don't try to take it on all at once.

Make sure to post some pix so we can all chime in.

Shamile

Sounds like me! Minus the techno lol. I work in silence and listen to sound everything makes, plus talk to myself and on allot of occasions, you can hear quite a number of profanitys lol

this job is for a qualified tech imo