diablo 6.0 VS murci LP640

Diablo75

Finally i have tested the Diablo 6.0.

Now I have both tested the 6.0 and the LP640(egear)

I am not a big fan of the E-gear so if i will go for the LP640 i will try to find a manual.

I Always loved the 6.0 though, it looks better:-)

But here in europe the few 6.0 have prices for around 135 000-138000 euro (i dont know if they are Selling for that price).

For the same price you can get a LP640 and I am no car collector, i just want the must fun car. If the 6.0 was cheaper I would easilly buy it but now I dont know

(it is also ferrari 458 Money and I enyojed that to)

The thing i noticed is that the LP640 had less rattles and not so noisy in the cabin.

But I really liked the angry sound from the 6.0 when flooring it, sounded like you hade a bunch of angry lions in the back.

Question, can you make the LP640 sound as good with some exhaust?

Anyone here who Went from an LP640 to a 6.0?

both great cars

and you can get the 640 to sound great, REALLY GREAT

just a question of get a good sport muffler (like MS racing for example)

the 640 is faster both on the straight than on the corners

this said....and just IMO, it will be boring faster than the diablo for you

let me explain:

since you like the manual gearbox i have the feeling that you like to drive the cars and not to be "driven" by them like the current machines

i think after some time you will probably regret not having bought the 6.0

i heard some people that went from diablos to murcies and regretted it

the diablo is more difficult to master and in this way it is more "entertaining" to drive Vs the murcie

to me in the same way the the countach was Vs diablos

to me the older cars are not only more fascinating for their design but also more fun to drive because they feel more simple and connected to the driver

When i saw the topic I was expecting an epic race.

Diablo 6.0 is still the best car I have been in and I have ridden in high HP Corvettes, GTR's and so on. The Diablo is still my all time favorite.

Both different cars. Comes down to what you are looking for. For long trips, I much prefer the Murci. Quite comfortable and easier to drive. I have e-gear, so of course, it's less demanding than the Diablo. But if I want that raw, no frills, no-holds barred driving experience, then the Diablo would be my choice. You definitely feel more connected, more physically exhausted, more adrenaline-rushed, but very rewarding in the end.

As for aesthetics, no doubt the Diablo takes the lead. But both cars get crazy attention, it's just that Diablo takes it to another level. Both great cars for that one great occasion. You can't go wrong with either. But if I could only keep one, then I would lean more towards the Diablo.

Another thing that may not be a factor is the fact that the Diablo is going to appreciate while the LP640 is going to continue fall in value a bit...

In a few years 6.0 will sell for around 150'000 Euros and 640 for 100'000 Euros

one problem is that i also tested the ferrari 458 and it feelt even faster then the lp640 and it is the same money as an lp640 now..

it might feel that way but i think a stock LP640 will still edge it out. i've heard it so many times how people thought the 458 was fast but when raced side by side, it wasn't afterall. the sensation in the ferrari is like nothing else. however, if you are able to do the standard mods on the LP640 like decat and exhaust, it can leave behind the 458. i've tested the cars here in the philippines... at least i could say this would be the outcome given our conditions.

a manual LP640 is SWEET. i got to drive one and it was fantastic. go for that if you can. you'll have less headache and maintenance to worry about too.

Thanks for the tip.

If i get a Lp640 or 6.0 i plan to change exhaust, go to racecat and maybe change headers.

Maybe manual is the way to go since i didnt like the egear in a lp640 modelyear 08 i tested, maybe the 09 is better.

Then maybe go from awd to rwd

how did you like the 640 manual compared to the 458?

Thanks for the tip.

If i get a Lp640 or 6.0 i plan to change exhaust, go to racecat and maybe change headers.

Maybe manual is the way to go since i didnt like the egear in a lp640 modelyear 08 i tested, maybe the 09 is better.

Then maybe go from awd to rwd

how did you like the 640 manual compared to the 458?

i will be biased because i never really liked the 458. it's definitely a good car but i was expecting more in terms of straightline performance considering the technology in the car.

i love the manual LP640. with decat, exhaust and RWD i reckon it's going to be one fast car. with those mods, it might be able to close the gap to the 670SV and if it does then it's one fast car. i like the manual because it brings in some old world charm of rowing thru the gears but gives you the comfort and reliability of a modern vehicle in the LP640. plus the clutch and gearshift in the LP640 is very easy to operate which makes the car a pleasure to drive.

i am not a big fan of the E-gear system. i have driven my friends LP670 and i'm still left with preferring a manual. i don't think the 09 Egear can be better than the one in the 670SV. i didn't like the jerkiness and i didn't like the violent feel of the shifts when on sport mode. i much prefer being able to shift fast but smooth as you would be able to on a manual tranny - less trouble/ maintenance to think about as well. i have over 12000miles on my murcie and my clutch still engages properly. while my friend on the 670SV has 7000 miles (no burnouts or anything crazy) and is needing a replacement. he has also been stranded because the Egear would not shift as the ECU required a hard reset.

some things to consider especially if you want to use the car more often than be looking at it in the garage.

the thing i didnt like about the egear was the snap when changing up, or the feel like it stopped for a while thinking and then put in a gear, downshifting i liked. it was the same thing for me testing a ferrari 360 f1 and thought it was to cerky, ended up buying an ferrari 355 manual.

But i like the F1 in the 430 and 458.

What i have read here it is also better with a manual if going or rwd.

was there a big change from an 07 lp640 to a 09? except the egear and ceramic brakes?

first things first: u seem to really love manuals. so get a manual. that rules out the 458, which i found way too easy to drive and eventually something i would get really bored of almost immediately. its too good a car almost.

that leaves you to choose, Diablo 6.0 or LP640. V difficult; I really love them both, but as I am too tall, I never have and never will drive a Diablo, hence from driving experience I can not help. They both look amazing; and I think the overall ownership joy will be greater in the lp640 MANUAL, than in the Diablo. Less hassle, awesome power, and looks. Find a manual and go test drive it.

not many manual lp640 here in europe for sale, saw one black this year.

it is always the yellow on the wall in the lambo museum:-)

i am not to tall so luckily i can drive al italian cars:-)

Maybe you right about the 458, just tried it for a short time.

I wouldnt use the car as a daily driver ever..

I agree I wouldn't DD it, but you know living in LA traffic sneaks up on you.