Left bank down, no spark, running on 6 cylinder

Sudesh

Thanks Chipster, yeah swapped the fuse was the first thing I done, then put the meter on to be sure.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so forget all of the above lol

The fuse setup on my car is not the same as the workshop manual.

My power module and electro injectors is on 32 and 33, both seem ok.

Couple of more tests.

Ran a fuel pressure test, taped in just before the fuel regulators, both sides showing 2 bar.

Done the fuse test suggestion that Mike Pullen mentioned; on the fuel pumps, if I pull one of the fuses, the car will still run, however if pop that fuse back in and pull the other one, the car dies out. Same thing happens if I pull the fuses for the injectors in the engine bay fuse box.

Now on the map sensors, if I disconnect the sensor on the right side of the car, the car will still run, however if I do the same test on the left side, the car dies out.

Same thing happens if I disconnect one phase sensor at a time.

I had the same error, one of the two colies was dead. Fiat Panda's Colie is the same. Make an ohm test on both of them and see if they show the same.

Kim

• 5 months later...

I'm just pushing this thread back up to see if anyone has any more ideas/thoughts?

Since I last posted, I ended up taking the plunge and shipping my car over to Mike Pullen. In a couple of weeks it will have been there 6 months with no change to the situation. From speaking to Mike, it would seem they are absolutely baffled at what the issue is. They have basically went through everything I have mentioned in this thread, but also checked the timing and few other things, he even swapped out ECUs for another pair, but no change.

It's a first for Mike, and 6 months on we are both at a brick wall.

Thanks guys, 6 months and still no solution, so the quick find option went out the door LONG ago lol

Pretty much missed the entire summer.

Sorry to hear. About the ECU's. When I had to replace mine I found there were (3) different ones assigned to 97.5 model roadsters. The first one tried didn't work, so it's possible there are others that it could be. I'm not so sure swapping them is a definitive answer.

Hi,

I did the swap of the 2 originally in my car, and the problem didn't follow, bank 7-12 was still running off.

Then Mike swapped both ECUs for 2 he has in the workshop, that he knows are good, and I assume the right ones as he's the Lambo Master in the UK, plus he used to own my car himself and it's always been to him for servicing over the years.

Sorry to hear. About the ECU's. When I had to replace mine I found there were (3) different ones assigned to 97.5 model roadsters. The first one tried didn't work, so it's possible there are others that it could be. I'm not so sure swapping them is a definitive answer.

That is indeed maddening. I know you've put allot of money in your car Sudesh, and then to run into a seemingly unfixable problem is about as nightmarish as it gets. I'm thinking it has to be something like a chaffed wire in the ECU harness or something impossible to see unless you tear into it.

6 months?? You poor guy! I would have gone crazy!!!

Don't have much of an option really, no point in bringing it back home, as currently it won't pass an MOT because the emissions are too high on one side. So it needed to be sorted, and if MIke can't fix it, then I don't know anyone who can! I mean I thought I was going to be able to fix it myself, but even after all my time and checking/replacing parts for new, it's just running off. Plus it will have cost me close to $1000 just on shipping it over and back to Mike.

I have carbon fibre work/products to finish on the car, and test for fitment etc, but that's been on hold for those past months now too, because I don't have the car.

Jeez. The wiring issues are the worst to track down. Have you guys been in touch with Lambo corporate to see if they have suggestions?

Before the car left me, I did allot of continuity testing between sensors and the ECU pins, couldn't find any issues myself, then Mike done the same and they couldn't find anything as yet.

It's a real strange one, Mike said it's running in a similar fashion to the way a Jota SE is, you have to fight between throttle and clutch at times to keep the revs smooth and stop the car hoping if you know what I mean. It's running on all 12, but the 7-12 bank is running like it's out of sync or firing incorrectly.

I haven't spoke to Lambo Corporate, Maybe Mike has as he knows a few there.

Ohhh. I get you now. I thought there was still an issue of only running on one bank. All the cylinders are firing? I think I recall you replacing the distributor. Wonder if it would be beneficial to find a phasing and distributor housing to try a full swap with.

Ahhhh Sudesh I feel for you... My Murci ran great all winter everytime I started the car drove great 2nd week of May when the snow started to melt so I took it in to get the plugs and oil changed, died on the way home. Same thing Idle bounces and one side is not running right. So we waited 3 weeks for a computer, only for the guys in town to not know how to work it. So the next week a Lambo tech was in town who said it was a dead throttle body, so replaced that...didnt do anything. Took it to a shop who usually does the work on my car, he did the same, swapped ecus, problem stayed, swapped tb's over from different car, pulled the wiring harnesses out and did a continuity test, were all good..he did find a loose ground, and smoke tested for vac leaks. By miracle the car ran great, so I picked it up, for 4 days drove it everyday...ran like a top, fifth day came out and started it..same thing. I pulled out all of the original wiring harness, bought a new set from Glenn at AMH now my throttle bodies are at an electrical shop, I found the Tyco/AMP plugs and pins at the tyco distributor so fingers crossed. I lost the whole summer as well, it's supposed to snow tomorrow. Did you check your throttle's? Mine are not adjusting on the drivers side and to make matters worse it's egear and the drivers side tb's go through the egear ecu. When the throttle doesn't sync the one bank gets way too much air and missfires like crazy. I also have one exhaust bank hot and one cold. I'll let you know how the new wiring harness works, I'm waiting on some smaller guage pins from tyco, two of the pins are 13 guage and the other 4 are 20 guage, my pins are only good for 13-16 so 20 guage should come in today.

Ahhhh Sudesh I feel for you... My Murci ran great all winter everytime I started the car drove great 2nd week of May when the snow started to melt so I took it in to get the plugs and oil changed, died on the way home. Same thing Idle bounces and one side is not running right. So we waited 3 weeks for a computer, only for the guys in town to not know how to work it. So the next week a Lambo tech was in town who said it was a dead throttle body, so replaced that...didnt do anything. Took it to a shop who usually does the work on my car, he did the same, swapped ecus, problem stayed, swapped tb's over from different car, pulled the wiring harnesses out and did a continuity test, were all good..he did find a loose ground, and smoke tested for vac leaks. By miracle the car ran great, so I picked it up, for 4 days drove it everyday...ran like a top, fifth day came out and started it..same thing. I pulled out all of the original wiring harness, bought a new set from Glenn at AMH now my throttle bodies are at an electrical shop, I found the Tyco/AMP plugs and pins at the tyco distributor so fingers crossed. I lost the whole summer as well, it's supposed to snow tomorrow. Did you check your throttle's? Mine are not adjusting on the drivers side and to make matters worse it's egear and the drivers side tb's go through the egear ecu. When the throttle doesn't sync the one bank gets way too much air and missfires like crazy. I also have one exhaust bank hot and one cold. I'll let you know how the new wiring harness works, I'm waiting on some smaller guage pins from tyco, two of the pins are 13 guage and the other 4 are 20 guage, my pins are only good for 13-16 so 20 guage should come in today.

Ohhh. I get you now. I thought there was still an issue of only running on one bank. All the cylinders are firing? I think I recall you replacing the distributor. Wonder if it would be beneficial to find a phasing and distributor housing to try a full swap with.

Yeah all are firing, and fuel flows from all injectors correctly too.

I replaced all the HT leads with NEW OEM. I bought a NEW JAG distributor cap, but no change, I then thought maybe the JAG one is just crap as the quality wasn't great, so I bought a brand new OEM cap from Tim, again no change.

Not great for you either by sounds of it! Mike was also telling me he has another Diablo and Murci in the shop that are running on 6.

Did you check the throttle opening with the intake hose off?

With the intakes off, I used the throttle bars and both throttles opened up ok. I even took both off and cleaned them up.

Hi,

I did the swap of the 2 originally in my car, and the problem didn't follow, bank 7-12 was still running off.

Then Mike swapped both ECUs for 2 he has in the workshop, that he knows are good, and I assume the right ones as he's the Lambo Master in the UK, plus he used to own my car himself and it's always been to him for servicing over the years.

Check this out :

a29.JPG

This is the kind of stuff that should scare the crap out of potential buyers. I'm surprised Audi and all that great "German quality" are having no better luck than the Italians, but really not surprised at all. Always thought it was way over stated.

Anyway, this is the Achilles heel of low volume exotics. My guess is there will be allot of our cars sitting around in the future with these types of problems, and owners unwilling to pay for repair....Or attempted repair.

Sorry to go off, but having been victimized by this and seeing others have to deal with it is pretty discouraging.

I hope you both get lucky soon.