Mayweather Vs Alvarez coming up. Thoughts?

Castor Troy

Mayweather is a damn good fighter. You can't deny that. But like all great champs, they all eventually fall. Everyone from Ali to Prince Naseem Hamed to Tyson all eventually got knocked on their ass. It's a matter of time till Mayweather goes down too. He got rocked by Ortiz. I think there's a chance he could have lost that one. I don't know anything about Alvarez other than I'm rooting for him to be the one.

Someone will de-throne Money May, but Saul Alvarez is not that someone. Guy could barely figure out Austin Trout the first six rounds in his last fight, which was beyond disappointing for those who think (thought) he was the next Julio Ceasar Chavez...

Just to spice it up, and thanks to the betting odds being down to the best levels they've been on Mayweather since De La Hoya fought him in 07 (-250 Mayweather to Win), I'll be spicing up the fight with a wager or two. Otherwise it won't even be worth watching to be honest, another tactical shoulder-rolling Mayweather snooze-fest.

Mayweather by decision.

Canello gets the punchers chance the first three, maybe four rounds. Then he gets dismantled.

:iamwithstupid:

And he was extremely inactive the first 3-4 against Trout, refused to throw anything big due to nerves (largest crowd he had ever fought in front of) until the mid/late rounds.

Not many of you know this, but boxing is the only sport that I love and I am diehard fan. I used to box when I was a kid and it is a passion of mine. Think of the most avid football guy you know, and that is me with boxing. I usually attend most major fights.

I am hoping for an exciting fight but I think Mayweather is too crafty, and Canelo is too predictable and slow. I also see Canelo's punch output dropping in the mid rounds. Mayweather has this one.

The fight before the main event, Danny Garcia vs. Lucas Matthysse, will be the fight of the night. Don't miss that one. :tyson: :headbang:

Not many of you know this, but boxing is the only sport that I love and I am diehard fan. I used to box when I was a kid and it is a passion of mine. Think of the most avid football guy you know, and that is me with boxing. I usually attend most major fights.

I am hoping for an exciting fight but I think Mayweather is too crafty, and Canelo is too predictable and slow. I also see Canelo's punch output dropping in the mid rounds. Mayweather has this one.

The fight before the main event, Danny Garcia vs. Lucas Matthysse, will be the fight of the night. Don't miss that one. :tyson: :headbang:

Very cool to know :icon_thumleft:

:iamwithstupid: I also think Mayweather has this one... Plus he gets extra points for driving a Bugatti. :icon_super:

:iamwithstupid: I also think Mayweather has this one... Plus he gets extra points for driving a Bugatti Aventador. :icon_super:

Fixed! :icon_thumleft:

I Kidd. The fact that he drives both is very cool.

Someone will de-throne Money May, but Saul Alvarez is not that someone. Guy could barely figure out Austin Trout the first six rounds in his last fight, which was beyond disappointing for those who think (thought) he was the next Julio Ceasar Chavez...

Just to spice it up, and thanks to the betting odds being down to the best levels they've been on Mayweather since De La Hoya fought him in 07 (-250 Mayweather to Win), I'll be spicing up the fight with a wager or two. Otherwise it won't even be worth watching to be honest, another tactical shoulder-rolling Mayweather snooze-fest.

Mayweather by decision.

Accurate reading Mako.

The odds are surprising to many fans, Mayweather has not had such odds/lines in a while, for those that like to bet on sports, this might be an opportunity to double-down if you think Floyd can keep that shoulder-roll long enough to sneak in a few power punches to win by decision.

Canello is no push over, he has alot to lose and whole lot of speed/power, but let's not forget Mayweather screens his opponents very carefully :eusa_think: , and he might prove predictable and out-maneuverable for "Money" !

I doubt Golden Boy will beat the PPV records broken during the Maywehater Vs. De La Hoya fight, yet with the Showtime/CBS "jump" anything is possible, by the opinion of most; they have a marketing reach beyond what HBO was capable of (not to mention CBS CEO Les Moonves, a boxing aficionado cooked the historic Mayweather-Showtime marriage with his "blessing" stemming from his love of the sport), which keeps the promotion rivalry healthy for boxing as a sport, something I'm pleased with as a boxing fan.

Finally, as others have mentioned, the real wild card will be Danny Garcia vs. Lucas Matthysse, pay attention to this one.

Gonna be a fun Saturday night :headbang:

Cannelloni is Way too slow. It's a snoozer and the only one selling it as more is de la Hoya the coke head.

I still thinks it's possible Alvarez can beat Mayweather. Mayweather got rocked by Mosely, and Mosely is pretty weak. Canelo knocked down down Trout, who's never been on his knees in his life.

A little reminder. Mayweather is not superhuman. He's going down soon. Who will be the one?

Canelo is bot slow. He has some speed. And he's accurate. He did look sluggish against Mosely. Not sure what that was all about.

I think we all know who that one person is that can possibly drop Mayweather....

Mayweather's style of defensive boxing with his talent makes him too difficult to beat in most circumstances. The one thing I DO NOT like about boxing is that your weaknesses can be masked. There's no rule saying you have to throw punches if you don't want to. How often does Floyd throw a punch that's not a counter?

If Floyd had to fight like everybody else he would be far from undefeated.

It's frustrating to watch except for those hardcore boxing purists who love the subtle stuff. It's the boxing equivalent of a football offense that moves the chains all day long but never a pass over 10 yards.

I don't necessarily buy the fact that Floyd > Marquez automatically means he beats Pacquaio. It was explained to me that in a fight between two counterpunchers, the better one will dominate the lesser more than he would a normal style boxer of similar talent (forgot why).

When you look at similar opponents (De La Hoya, Cotto, Hatton) all of them were beaten more soundly by Manny (KO/TKO for first two, faster KO for Hatton). If Oscar managed a split decision, anything is possible.

As much as I'm a Manny fan, I'm not too big of a homer to think he would definitely win. Just wanna see it happen. And it probably never will because someone's perfect stats cannot be risked. :eusa_wall:

With respect to this weekend's fight.....I'd normally see it but won't be able to make it most likely. Will probably be a must see of course. :icon_thumleft:

Pacquaio has lost 2 of his last 3 fights, and honestly should have lost the first Marquez fight as well. At this point he's moved on from boxing, whether he knows it or not...

As far as Alvarez being the one to derail the Mayweather train, hey, you never know.

It wasn't that long ago that we were all in awe of Roy Jones Jr as the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world, who at that time had a perfect undefeated record (save for a false disqualifiaction loss for hitting a fighter while he was down years earlier) and he was wowing us by beating up anyone/anywhere/anytime (hello John Ruiz).

And then at 35 years old with essentially a 49-0 record he ran head first into a guy named Antonio Tarver. BOOM career over.

Jones went on to lose 50% of his fights from that point forward, absorbing a shit-ton of punishment along the way, and has made us forget his earlier greatness completely almost as if it had never happened.

It does "end" for everyone, the above is a perfect example of it, and it's eerie how similar Jones's scenario when the wheels came off is to Floyd's numbers right now (36 years old, 44-0), but I'd feel a lot better about Alvarez's chances if he were 27-28 years old with a dozen true championship experiences under his belt versus being so green and untested at the moment.

But what can you do, the fight had to be made now before cash cow Mayweather retires in a couple years, so it is what it is.

If I had to predict a score, I'd say Mayweather 116-112, something like that. Wins 2-3 rounds for every one he loses. And that's being generous to Alvarez, assuming he ups his activity dramatically versus his few previous "big" fights, as it easily could be a blowout if he's tentative and sits on his hands out of nerves.

The thing I don't understand is how did Canelo weigh in at 150 on Friday and box the next day at 165

Yeah seems kind of weird. Either way he got his ass beat!

The thing I don't understand is how did Canelo weigh in at 150 on Friday and box the next day at 165

Mostly water, the "legal" use of sodium pills, and other kidney destroying methods are tools athletes use to make weight across the board.

Love him or hate him, Mayweather remains the best boxer in his weight class today, so calculating, so fast, so adaptable.

Canelo fought his best, but his best wasn't good enough, even he admitted in a post-fight interview: I couldn't catch him. That's why such a low % of his power shots connected.

Next Money fight in May, could it be Garcia ?

ESPN reporting Money's payday (thought to be $41M purse) could actually be closer to $100M with the PPV target incentives, being a resident of Nevada with their low taxes, I would say he had a good Saturday !