Gallardo Value

Lfsglass

Is NADA off on the value assessment of the Gallardo? I have yet to see a Gallardo selling anywhere near the suggested "Average Retail".....

fe4775e15539c5bd9e27fc4cfde976d3.jpg

price is relevant on miles/clutch life/condition. You can def. get an 04 in the mid $80k range with higher miles.

here is a great example:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/ve...dex=9&Log=0

This car has 19k+ miles 82% clutch life and the exterior/interior looks like its in good condition. asking price is $88k.. I dont see why they wouldnt take $85k.

This is by doing a basic search on Autotrader. im sure if you keep your eyes open, you will find the right car, at the right price.

I tell people...sure u can get one at that price but an 04 egear with over 20k miles is a $15-$20k repair job waiting to happen...soon enough something major is going to break or many small problems adding up to a small fortune. If I buy a used lambo I generally try to stay within 4 years old and less then 7-10k miles. One way or the other you end up paying...at least on a newer car you have better resale whereas on an older car you fix a problem and still the resale value is the same or lower. just my .02.

NADA is useless on Gallardos. I don't know if their data lags the market on the car by a couple of years or is just off, but their values were significantly high during the 2 year or so dip in values that followed the financial crisis, and now their data is significantly low and hasn't reflected the rise in values that followed the dip.

I tell people...sure u can get one at that price but an 04 egear with over 20k miles is a $15-$20k repair job waiting to happen...soon enough something major is going to break or many small problems adding up to a small fortune. If I buy a used lambo I generally try to stay within 4 years old and less then 7-10k miles. One way or the other you end up paying...at least on a newer car you have better resale whereas on an older car you fix a problem and still the resale value is the same or lower. just my .02.

i have to respectfully disagree. mileage alone isn't a good indication of condition. a gallardo with 10k miles may have a boat load of issues too. similarly, a 30k mile example that has been taken care of can be trouble free.

as far as resale, a 3-4 year old car has not taken full depreciation. by year 6-7, it is near full depreciation. Case in point, a 2010 LP560 still has much to depreciate in the next 3 years. In contrast, 2004-2006 have pretty much bottomed out between $80-115k. You won't find a clean gallardo with reasonable mileage lower than 80k in retail market (excl. dealer auctions).

NADA is useless on Gallardos. I don't know if their data lags the market on the car by a couple of years or is just off, but their values were significantly high during the 2 year or so dip in values that followed the financial crisis, and now their data is significantly low and hasn't reflected the rise in values that followed the dip.

Not sure why NADA provides above typical value on the 360 but below typical value on the Gallardo. You can find 360's all day long for a lot less than the suggested "average value" but I've never seen a Gallardo for anywhere near the suggested "average value"......

face5bd09a3bcdaa5bddba18d9ec19f8.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I wish my 360 was worth $100k! $80k is more realistic but still on the high side.

Not sure why NADA provides above typical value on the 360 but below typical value on the Gallardo. You can find 360's all day long for a lot less than the suggested "average value" but I've never seen a Gallardo for anywhere near the suggested "average value"......

face5bd09a3bcdaa5bddba18d9ec19f8.jpg

If everything on the Internet is TRUE it sure seems like these values are all over the place.

Condition with documentation and SNAP tests are important. I think even a Lamborghini Dealer with an Awesome Tech, knowing they used genuine factory parts with all Service Bulletins up to Date. Clutch, Clutch, Clutch... and no missing Keys and other factory Wheels... etc.

Supply and Demand.