Diablo Roadster vs Murcie LP 640 Roadster, any thoughts

Night Life

Well boys I pulled the trigger, as of today I own a 2000 Lotus Esprit V8 TT :D

I decided to drive it back instead of transporting it up, it is located in the US, I go pick it up next Wend

I normally transport all my vehicles but since this will not be a garage queen, and the driving season is practically over I think I am going to drive it back myself and get to know and bond with the car B)

This particular model has a few upgrades including

OZ 350 Magnesium wheels

Quaife limited slip diff

High torque ECU

Penske fully adjustable coil over suspension

Cryogenically frozen 2piece rotors

Portfield R4 performance pads

Remus sport exhaust

PPI checked out perfect from the Lotus dealership who did an independent test as this is a private sale, they gave me full thumbs up, one of the better cars they have seen.

Thank you to everyone for your input, after I absorbed it all in it was close between a Aston Martin Vantage or the Lotus. My heart always went back to the Lotus, how could it not, look at it :)

Esprit_Palazzo.jpg

006.jpg

031.JPG

047.jpg

017.JPG

003.JPG

009__2_.JPG

027.JPG

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know your roadster had to sit around for a year or soe before you could import it (at least i thought) are you not going to have the same problem with this car? That car is absolutely beautiful. Congrats.

Well boys I pulled the trigger, as of today I own a 2000 Lotus Esprit V8 TT :D

I decided to drive it back instead of transporting it up, it is located in the US, I go pick it up next Wend

I normally transport all my vehicles but since this will not be a garage queen, and the driving season is practically over I think I am going to drive it back myself and get to know and bond with the car B)

This particular model has a few upgrades including

OZ 350 Magnesium wheels

Quaife limited slip diff

High torque ECU

Penske fully adjustable coil over suspension

Cryogenically frozen 2piece rotors

Portfield R4 performance pads

Remus sport exhaust

PPI checked out perfect from the Lotus dealership who did an independent test as this is a private sale, they gave me full thumbs up, one of the better cars they have seen.

Thank you to everyone for your input, after I absorbed it all in it was close between a Aston Martin Vantage or the Lotus. My heart always went back to the Lotus, how could it not, look at it :)

The car has all the good mods done to it. Those OZ Magnesio wheels were especially commissioned by Lotus for the Sport350. Uber expensive wheels and the lightest wheels on a production car.

Find out why the front end has been painted/repaired (the front indicators are fitted the wrong way around, the wire mesh in the bumper vents is silver when it should be black, the bottom lip is cracked and deformed and the front bumper is coming apart from the top wings).

Find out why the front end has been painted/repaired (the front indicators are fitted the wrong way around, the wire mesh in the bumper vents is silver when it should be black, the bottom lip is cracked and deformed and the front bumper is coming apart from the top wings).

The car looks to be in the southwest. The way roads are angled for drainage makes it very easy to scrape the nose of lower cars. I'm willing to bet that's why the front bumper/lip is like that.

The car has all the good mods done to it. Those OZ Magnesio wheels were especially commissioned by Lotus for the Sport350. Uber expensive wheels and the lightest wheels on a production car.

Looks like airbags may have been deployed by the way the cover sits on the dashboard. Also why doesn't the dash pod sit flush?

Damn, you guys are a bunch of buzz kills. lol

I don't think anyone trying to be a buzzkill, just expanding on what the op himself stated.

Roberto that is so sick!!! I love Esprits and this one is your color lol. If I didn't blow my car budget I would buy one. Did you look at the red 2002 in Alberta for sale for $45,000? It has tons of upgrades and is close to home.

Congrats my friend!

Damn, you guys are a bunch of buzz kills. lol

We are not buzzkills. Both Alan and myself owned Esprits so we are trying to help Nightlife to check on some things with the car before the deal is finalized.

We are not buzzkills. Both Alan and myself owned Esprits so we are trying to help Nightlife to check on some things with the car before the deal is finalized.

The deal is finalized, he owns it.

I know your roadster had to sit around for a year or soe before you could import it (at least i thought) are you not going to have the same problem with this car? That car is absolutely beautiful. Congrats.

No with the Lotus Esprit import laws allow all years to be brought over. The Diablo R I had to wait for the 15yr rule to be in effect before importing it.

This is a second owner car, I talked to the first owner, this car has never been in an accident. I knew about the front lip, it's separating not cracked there is a join there not a big issue, as far as the mesh goes it is black, but maybe in pics looks discolored. As far as the lights go I will have a closer look on Wed

Thank you very much for your help though much appreciated :)

Looks like airbags may have been deployed by the way the cover sits on the dashboard. Also why doesn't the dash pod sit flush?

No airbags deployed, it is very common for warpage around airbag seal. In fact I have not seen any Esprit without that happening thus far.

Again thank you for the concern and bringing it up to my attention, I know you guys are just looking out for me and thats why I like this group :icon_super:

Rhyno, no I did not check the car in Calgary out, I was in the market for a silver one. As you can tell my favorite color on exotics lol hell all of my cars are grey come to think about it ha ha ha

No with the Lotus Esprit import laws allow all years to be brought over. The Diablo R I had to wait for the 15yr rule to be in effect before importing it.

This is a second owner car, I talked to the first owner, this car has never been in an accident. I knew about the front lip, it's separating not cracked there is a join there not a big issue, as far as the mesh goes it is black, but maybe in pics looks discolored. As far as the lights go I will have a closer look on Wed

Thank you very much for your help though much appreciated :)

No airbags deployed, it is very common for warpage around airbag seal. In fact I have not seen any Esprit without that happening thus far.

Again thank you for the concern and bringing it up to my attention, I know you guys are just looking out for me and thats why I like this group :icon_super:

Rhyno, no I did not check the car in Calgary out, I was in the market for a silver one. As you can tell my favorite color on exotics lol hell all of my cars are grey come to think about it ha ha ha

Awesome! Congrats they are amazing cars ! I would own another one in a heart beat! Just be careful with the transmission and they are extremely reliable and capable cars.