2014 Carbon louvers

SSR

Wasn't there a pic of it here not too long ago? Based on the Aventador configurator at the Lambo dealership, imagine the transparent louver pieces on the engine cover and substitute those with carbon fibre ones (gloss CF); add a few kinks (instead of flat across) and that's basically it.

definitely a cool upgrade! wonder how the carbon will stand up to the heat from the engine. i know some thinner carbon can warp or distort due to the heat, if not even yellow (the resin gel coat), if not properly prepared.

definitely a cool upgrade! wonder how the carbon will stand up to the heat from the engine. i know some thinner carbon can warp or distort due to the heat, if not even yellow (the resin gel coat), if not properly prepared.

The louvers are thick maybe 8mm so I think that they will be ok with the engine heat.

We had to remove the engine cover to remove the old plastic louvers and glue the new cf ones.

post-198263-1387422684_thumb.jpg

post-198263-1387422709_thumb.jpg

post-198263-1387422722_thumb.jpg

That looks awesome! Anyone ever paint the flat black surrounding the louvers body color? That would make the CF stand out even more, can anyone try and photoshop that?

SSR you've made some great changes and additions to your car, perhaps you can organize a professional shoot once you are done with the mods :icon_thumleft:

• 2 months later...