Anyone into Offroad R/C cars? Any advice?

Allan-Herbie

At my house I have a good piece of land that I could turn into a great R/C track.. So some of us local guys are thinking of getting some offroad buggies. Any suggestions? We are thinking electric as gas is a pain in the ass!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At my house I have a good piece of land that I could turn into a great R/C track.. So some of us local guys are thinking of getting some offroad buggies. Any suggestions? We are thinking electric as gas is a pain in the ass!

Oh this is going to be fun!

We're making your wife build the track right?

The traxxas erevo we have is pretty cool, also have a rustler vxl which is just rear wheel drive but fun and fast as hell. Spare parts are cheap and easily available for traxxas.

I think you will want to go gas.

Gas cars are loud as shit if you have neighbors anywhere near you and electric if you get 2 sets of batteries run for a decent amount of time with no mess.

No, I must get the best! :turboalex:

Once you get one they sell tons of custom shit to make it unique. Go to rc planet.com

No, I must get the best! :turboalex:

Why it's not like you are going to get ahead.... plus Cornerbomber is going to blast the shit out of your car!

Imagine how much more expensive it's going to be to replace those parts...

Why it's not like you are going to get ahead.... plus Cornerbomber is going to blast the shit out of your car!

Imagine how much more expensive it's going to be to replace those parts...

Need to replace all plastic parts with aluminum.... Im in.. we all agree on 1 model, and then we can customise it..

Gas cars are loud as shit if you have neighbors anywhere near you and electric if you get 2 sets of batteries run for a decent amount of time with no mess.

I agree..Thanks!

Need to replace all plastic parts with aluminum.... Im in.. we all agree on 1 model, and then we can customise it..

Sounds good!

The slash 4x4 vxl is a good one. They use that on indoor tracks near me. Outside though the erevo is the best.

Traxxas Revo are a fcuking riot. As much as I like nitro they are more work and the new brushless electric are actually a Shit fcuking ton faster. Just buy the upgraded aluminum a-arms and hubs from the start, you will break them quickly.

I've been through this hobby forward and backwards. I was spending so much money on this shit that I became a Traxxas dealer. They make a decent product, but do yourself a favor and skip all of the mistakes I made. Pick up an HPI Vorza. Get four 3s Lipo battery packs and a decent charger. It's 10 times more durable and much more capable than anything Traxxas offers. The battery stuff can seem a little complicated at first, but it's no big deal once you get used to it, and it kicks the shit out of Nitro! You have my number. Call me if you want to discuss.