Go Pro suggestions on a TT

TXTT

Looking to buy a couple of Go Pros. Can anyone suggest which ones to get white, silver, or black editions? How many? Where the best places to mount them for shooting videos? Can they handle the 180 to 200mph speeds?

They are all great. What ever you do don't put them by the exhaust tips. I melted the case on a go pro and it flew out on the track!

I like to use the tape sided mount and face one on the speedo. Always fun to watch how fast the speedo is going on a run. I like the back window too. If you put it low enough it will not have any wind noise.

Danny you may need to mount a gopro on the back of your car looking through a telescope if you want to capture the people behind you lol

I'm an AD for Go Pro! Depends on what you are using the cameras for besides the cars. Hero 3+ Black Ed. shoots at 4k, 2.7k and 1440P where as the Silver and White will only go up to 1080P. Black Ed. has the new "super view" FOV which is pretty cool for that super wide angle. Black has the new "auto lowlight" automatically adjust frame rate based on lighting. The all have new batteries for extended life, better wifi, etc.

Cody---any good deals from GOPRO for us LP GTT guys?

I have some older Gopro HD cameras that have horrible wind noise and fog up really easy no matter what case I use.

Here you go, found the picture. The camera was sitting right next to the exhaust. Melted the casing in just a few laps at Road Atlanta.

photo.JPG

Honestly, I do a ton of YouTube videos as you guys know. The GoPro is a nice handy package but if you care about image quality (and that includes color accuracy) you would go with the Sony cameras. I have multiple units of the original Hero, Hero 2, Hero 3+ balck edition, etc. I now have started moving to the Sony HDR AS300V which is cool beucase it has in camera image stabilization, better sound fidelity and to boot, it now have GPS so you can overlay your run on a map. Check it out. Drop me a PM if you want to know more.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller...G&A=details

Mullet in 3…2…1...

Lol

Hero Black 3+ with a polarizer on it from snakeriverprototyping.com. Stock mounts will hold to 230mph that I know of. Amazon has a double suction cup mount for around $70 that holds the camera still that I suggest too. Micover from Amazon to cut down on noise if mounted on outside of the car. If you are going to do it you might as well do it right.

Lol

Stock mounts will hold to 230mph that I know of.

Hmmmm ... Something tells me you've personally tested the mounts at that speed ...

I guess with a 2R you can clear 230 mph, and brake back to 60 mph, in the time it takes me to type this post ...

Considering, you're in Texas, where the law actually requires you use all that horsepower ... It Must be nice ...

Hmmmm ... Something tells me you've personally tested the mounts at that speed ...

I guess with a 2R you can clear 230 mph, and brake back to 60 mph, in the time it takes me to type this post ...

Considering, you're in Texas, where the law actually requires you use all that horsepower ... It Must be nice ...

:)

I need to go get some GoPro stuff before I head out to Texas. I have two of them but I am going to get some extra batteries. They seem to die fairly quick. Being in and out of hotel rooms I just don't know when I will be able to charge them.

I need to go get some GoPro stuff before I head out to Texas. I have two of them but I am going to get some extra batteries. They seem to die fairly quick. Being in and out of hotel rooms I just don't know when I will be able to charge them.

I stock/will stock everything Go Pro related for 2K and TI. :)

I stock/will stock everything Go Pro related for 2K and TI. :)

Oh sweet. I'll just buy a bunch of stuff from you out there then.

My drag coefficient will be .87 after I add my gopros lmao.

Oh sweet. I'll just buy a bunch of stuff from you out there then.

My drag coefficient will be .87 after I add my gopros lmao.

get them before so you aren't trying to learn how to use them during 2k. thank me later.

You 2R guys might need this triple suction cup mount. I don't know why the link isn't working. Same one that Mullet posted but instead of two suction cups it has 3.

Triple Mount

You 2R guys might need this triple suction cup mount. I don't know why the link isn't working. Same one that Mullet posted but instead of two suction cups it has 3.

Triple Mount

overkill. look at any of my over the top of the car pointing to the rear shots....that's a double suction cup mount on the windshield. It doesn't move at any speed. the only time they move if they are attached to the rear lexan (or whatever plastic it's made of) window because it flexes and even that one barely moves.

Hero Black 3+ with a polarizer on it from snakeriverprototyping.com. Stock mounts will hold to 230mph that I know of. Amazon has a double suction cup mount for around $70 that holds the camera still that I suggest too. Micover from Amazon to cut down on noise if mounted on outside of the car. If you are going to do it you might as well do it right.

An alternative to the Snake River Prototyping filters are Polar Pro filters. I bought their newly released Venture3+ 3-pack of filters for the Hero3+. The jitter/jello from the GoPro always frustrates me to the point I don't even want to make videos. BUT, with the neutral density filter it definitely helps make the video smoother!

Not sure if they are going to stay on at 230mph, lol!

Here is a side-by-side comparison we did: