Stage 1 TT

Cincy2

OK here is the deal. I'm over 60. Don't race. Live for my weekend G drives. The car is so sexy I find myself just staring at it. I'm swathed in quilted leather inside. The problem: I got more of a kick out of the HP and torque from my previous car, a lot less expensive Viper. Won't say I'm dissapointed in the G, just that the Viper has more grunt that I enjoyed in measured amounts responsibly on on-ramps and in the passing lane. Possible solutions:

1. Aventador - Love the look but love the smaller, more nimble G better

2. Huracan - Nice car of course but seems to have lost the angular "edge" that makes the G a bad boy's car (even if I'm miles from being one)

3. TT upgrade

Now I know you can go crazy here. To me, controllable boost with a max of 800 HP and ?? torque on pump gas is going to solve my problem for good (Really...) I intend to keep the car for 5-10 years and just enjoy the cruising.

For Stage 1 owners (say UGR for test purposes):

It scares me to dump all of that HP and torque into a stock clutch and engine. What is the deal on reliability presuming I drive like a sane human being? Particularly worried about the e-gear clutch.

How much weight does the kit add? With the majority of the parts way out back does it screw up the handling? I love the planted AWD handling of the G more than almost anything else.

Exhaust: I prefer not to announce my presence with a crazy loud exhaust note. Even though this car cannot go unnoticed, I prefer that I remain the only one who knows what lurks under the hood unless I'm at a Cars and Coffe meet-up. Does the UGR package retain the exhaust flapper valve? How about drone in the cockpit at cruising speeds (80-90 mph)? I had only one aftermarket exhaust system and sold the car because of this issue.

Maintenance: If you take the car to a Lambo dealer for maintenance will they even look at it? Do you need more frequent oil/fluid changes? I drive 3-5K miles per year.

Heating / Cooling. It gets sooo hot here in Florida in the summer. Can the stock cooling system keep up with the TT's?

I'm starting with an 09 G bone stock. I admire all you boys with 1000+ plus HP cars but I'm really looking for input just from the more sedate owners of a Stage 1 kit.

Thanks for the assist. Also posted this request on the Lambo Talk forum. Looking to cast a wide net.

Cincy

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK here is the deal. I'm over 60. Don't race. Live for my weekend G drives. The car is so sexy I find myself just staring at it. I'm swathed in quilted leather inside. The problem: I got more of a kick out of the HP and torque from my previous car, a lot less expensive Viper. Won't say I'm dissapointed in the G, just that the Viper has more grunt that I enjoyed in measured amounts responsibly on on-ramps and in the passing lane. Possible solutions:

1. Aventador - Love the look but love the smaller, more nimble G better

2. Huracan - Nice car of course but seems to have lost the angular "edge" that makes the G a bad boy's car (even if I'm miles from being one)

3. TT upgrade

Now I know you can go crazy here. To me, controllable boost with a max of 800 HP and ?? torque on pump gas is going to solve my problem for good (Really...) I intend to keep the car for 5-10 years and just enjoy the cruising.

For Stage 1 owners (say UGR for test purposes):

It scares me to dump all of that HP and torque into a stock clutch and engine. What is the deal on reliability presuming I drive like a sane human being? Particularly worried about the e-gear clutch.

How much weight does the kit add? With the majority of the parts way out back does it screw up the handling? I love the planted AWD handling of the G more than almost anything else.

Exhaust: I prefer not to announce my presence with a crazy loud exhaust note. Even though this car cannot go unnoticed, I prefer that I remain the only one who knows what lurks under the hood unless I'm at a Cars and Coffe meet-up. Does the UGR package retain the exhaust flapper valve? How about drone in the cockpit at cruising speeds (80-90 mph)? I had only one aftermarket exhaust system and sold the car because of this issue.

Maintenance: If you take the car to a Lambo dealer for maintenance will they even look at it? Do you need more frequent oil/fluid changes? I drive 3-5K miles per year.

Heating / Cooling. It gets sooo hot here in Florida in the summer. Can the stock cooling system keep up with the TT's?

I'm starting with an 09 G bone stock. I admire all you boys with 1000+ plus HP cars but I'm really looking for input just from the more sedate owners of a Stage 1 kit.

Thanks for the assist. Also posted this request on the Lambo Talk forum. Looking to cast a wide net.

Cincy

Cincy,

I have had a bolt on kit that I drove for 15K hard miles and had no issues at all. The reliability with a bolt on kit is nothing to worry about.

As far as weight, the kit will add about 70 total lbs. But this will be made up with the additional 300 HP :)

My car did not get any louder with the turbo kit, especially being a newer Gallardo like yours. THe older Gallardos do make a little more noise IMO

Maintaining schedule will hardly change over OEM. The only more frequent change that will take place is that changing of engine oil.

I have never had any issues with hearting/cooling even with 1250 HP. This should not be a concern, but I never track the car, just go fast in a straight line. :icon_mrgreen:

Starting with an 09 Gallardo is a big plus. They have better engines/trans and Underground Racing can make you an easy 750 whp on 93, and if you wanted the additional power on race gas you'll make a hefty 1000.

I have had two TT Gallardos and it seems like these cars are meant to be TT'd from the factory. They are SOO much fun with a TT kit and the over engineering of the them (reliability) front he factory allows for little to no sacrifice in reliability. This has been my experience after a total of 20K miles ob both my TT Gallardos.

I am sure if you need more answer in detail, Kevin from Underground Racing will answer them.

Best of luck, you won't regret a TT Gallardo. :icon_thumleft:

I have had two bolt ons! They are a lot of fun if you just like cruising around you are not trying to beat anyone. They will 100% put a huge smile on your face. I live in Atlanta where it is very hot and humid. The car will be 100% fine.

Just reach out to UGR and they can take good care of you.

Cincy2,

Welcome to the forum ... If you're a car guy ... You just hit the jackpot ... We've got a great group here ...

However, I have some news for you ... We just heard the distinctive sound of bait hitting the water ...

Let me explain ..

Kisco and DuHawks must be having trouble keeping straight faces, after reading your first post.

It seems everyone that says a bolt-on should be plenty fast enough, ends up with a Stage 3 (or higher) ...

So considering you have a 2009 G ... Let me be the first to congratulate you on your new Stage 3 ...

As long as you're at it ... Get the race heads, Motec boost by gear, quick shift upgrade, etc ...

If I've missed anything Kevin at UGR will see that you're set up with all the latest hardware ...

I know you're saying no really ... I'm over 60 ... A Stage 1 will solve my problem for good (Really ...)

Remember you heard here first ... Welcome again, it's gonna be a real hoot!!!

Cincy2,

Welcome to the forum ... If you're a car guy ... You just hit the jackpot ... We've got a great group here ...

However, I have some news for you ... We just heard the distinctive sound of bait hitting the water ...

Let me explain ..

Kisco and DuHawks must be having trouble keeping straight faces, after reading your first post.

It seems everyone that says a bolt-on should be plenty fast enough, ends up with a Stage 3 (or higher) ...

So considering you have a 2009 G ... Let me be the first to congratulate you on your new Stage 3 ...

As long as you're at it ... Get the race heads, Motec boost by gear, quick shift upgrade, etc ...

If I've missed anything Kevin at UGR will see that you're set up with all the latest hardware ...

I know you're saying no really ... I'm over 60 ... A Stage 1 will solve my problem for good (Really ...)

Remember you heard here first ... Welcome again, it's gonna be a real hoot!!!

I too like cincy2 are treading the same slippery path to stage 3 or higher I fear with an initial bolt on for my LP560, currently underway in Sydney.

Will be interesting to see how long I resist before sending the LP560 off to UGR or Heffner Elite. I unfortunately have to spend $20k on shipping the car to the US east coast and 4 weeks there and back before even shell out for the stage 3 upgrade or similar :(

Damage to the car shipping it is my main concern as have heard some container horror stories.

UGR getting great kudos on this forum. :)

cheers,

john

post-130322-1393423040_thumb.jpg

post-130322-1393424044_thumb.jpg

I too like cincy2 are treading the same slippery path to stage 3 or higher I fear with an initial bolt on for my LP560, currently underway in Sydney.

Will be interesting to see how long I resist before sending the LP560 off to UGR or Heffner Elite. I unfortunately have to spend $20k on shipping the car to the US east coast and 4 weeks there and back before even shell out for the stage 3 upgrade or similar :(

Damage to the car shipping it is my main concern as have heard some container horror stories.

cheers,

john

I meant to add , picture of start of TT installation attached along with "no name" oem looking intercooler as I wish to keep stealth 'original oem' appearance :)

cheers,

john

oops, I made a duplicate post now deleted :iamwithstupid:

Here is the thought for today to fill the space from deletion.

"It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you realise that there is always

a way to solve problems without using violence."

cheers,

john

Had a UGR bolt on kit on my last '11 SL and the car drove perfectly! No regrets at all, just tons of fun.

My suggestion is to also get them to add the quick shift program. It's amazing that at WOT with the program, it feels less violent than when the

car was stock....less power interruption = Good!

Can't give a higher recommendation than to UGR. Great all around experience and follow up service.

cheers,

john

Very nice looking project!!

I need to change the title of this thread from Stage 1 to Stage 2. Just scheduled a date with UGR for the work in June. Now I have to explain this to the wife. :icon_mrgreen:

Cincy

I need to change the title of this thread from Stage 1 to Stage 2. Just scheduled a date with UGR for the work in June. Now I have to explain this to the wife. :icon_mrgreen:

Cincy

Congrats man!!! You will love it! I have had my car back for just a week now. Most fun shit ever!

Cincy

Congrats Cincy. You will love a UGR kit! It's really something special! :icon_thumleft:

Cincy

And it begins... Haha. Congrats! Looking forward to your 2R build thread :icon_mrgreen:

Cincy

might as well build the engine and get the warranty, it's worth the extra $$ for peace of mind right. i put 4000 miles on my stage 3 in a year with one sparkplug change and one tire change. it's bulletproof.

the t-shirts get stolen by family quick though...

might as well build the engine and get the warranty, it's worth the extra $$ for peace of mind right.

That was my reasoning also. Still a little worried about the clutch and the differential. Your story and stats make me feel better however. Thx.

Cincy

Congrats. Just guessing by the name but are you from Cincinnati by any chance?

I lived in Cincinnati for many years but left in 2006. I kept the screen name because I've advanced to the age where I prioritize how i use my few remaining brain cells. Passwords are even worse.

Cincy

I lived in Cincinnati for many years but left in 2006. I kept the screen name because I've advanced to the age where I prioritize how i use my few remaining brain cells. Passwords are even worse.

Cincy

Totally understandable! any pics of your 560?

That's a good looking piece ...

I think the LP 560/570 cars with the UGR Stage 2, make about 900 hp at the tires on pump (93 octane) ...

Which means, for example, in a 60 - 130 mph race with a Bugatti Veyron, guess who walks away with a smile on his face ...

I know you mentioned you're 60 now, so I figured you'd wanna be prudent, and stop a 130 mph ...

Afterall, there's no need to embarrass the Veyron owner, any further ...

Hey just messing with you ... I'm 55 so I get it ...

That's a good looking piece ...

I think the LP 560/570 cars with the UGR Stage 2, make about 900 hp at the tires on pump (93 octane) ...

Which means, for example, in a 60 - 130 mph race with a Bugatti Veyron, guess who walks away with a smile on his face ...

I know you mentioned you're 60 now, so I figured you'd wanna be prudent, and stop a 130 mph ...

Afterall, there's no need to embarrass the Veyron owner, any further ...

Hey just messing with you ... I'm 55 so I get it ...

The Bugatti owner will always be the one walking and driving away with a smile on their face.... :icon_thumleft:

The Bugatti owner will always be the one walking and driving away with a smile on their face.... :icon_thumleft:

I stand corrected ...

How could you not smile, ALL the time, knowing there's a Bugatti in your garage ...

Which explains why all your neighbors say this about you ... My God The Man Is Always So Damn Happy ...

Sounds like you're really enjoying it ... Best car you've ever owned, perhaps ...

But considering you've also owned a UGR TTG ...

Admit it, it's a pretty safe bet that Cincy2 will also have permanent grin on his face, as well ...

I stand corrected ...

How could you not smile, ALL the time, knowing there's a Bugatti in your garage ...

Which explains why all your neighbors say this about you ... My God The Man Is Always So Damn Happy ...

Sounds like you're really enjoying it ... Best car you've ever owned, perhaps ...

But considering you've also owned a UGR TTG ...

Admit it, it's a pretty safe bet that Cincy2 will also have permanent grin on his face, as well ...

TTGs are awesome, tons of fun. Anyone who gets one will enjoy the hell out of it! I am hoping to someday get the chance to also enjoy a TT Aventador.