Murci tires needed

Camel Toe Juice

I placed an order with tire rack back in December 2013 for a set of Corsa tires, they said it would be delivered in a month. When January came around they said it would be another month. This has happened consistently till March when they sent me an email that the tires wont be ready (possibly) until July 2014. Any other suggestions besides the local dealer to get some tires? I am even considering going to the Rosso which they have in stock. I do admit the price is right for the Corsa set delivered $2300. Any other options?

Unless a new shipment came in the last 3 weeks or so, quite sure that no Corsa's are in stock in any reputable tire store or Lambo dealership.

Seems like Rosso is the only choice if you need a set quick.

Or Michelin PS2's

:iamwithstupid:

I just had a new set of PS2's put on mine and I have to say I'm loving them so far. Definitely a great option!

I just put on a set of PS2's on as well and they are awesome!!

but the PS2 front to rear "actual" ratio is quite different from the pirelli tires. it might have a negative effect on the AWD system. it's really quite a pain to get corsa rears for the murcie nowadays.

I just got off the phone with the supervisor at Tire Rack, he said they have not had Corsa tires since March 2012 and will most likely not have them by July 2014. He said it might be a very long time before they show up.

So that being said, which are the best option? The Rosso's or the BFG KDW.

Thanks

Tires are a problem.

I had many Pirelli Rossos and do not like them. No warning at all before they let go. Have BFG KDW fronts and the distribution industry including Tire Rack cannot say when or if they will ever get rears. Michelin doesn't make fronts in PS2's and rears in Super Sports. It looks like I will mix BFG KDW in the front and get the BFG Rivals for the rear for now as they are due 5/30/2014. Unless someone tells me I will be stupid to mix the front and rears as I am also not buying Corsas if they ever surface again. BTW I'm RWD-never going back.

Now I'm reminded of our problem with getting Magneti Marelli coils until Whiteout Nick fixed that for us. Excellent option. Better in every way.

Nick, can you mix up some rubber this weekend and fix this for us too?

"Yeah, KDW or Rosso are the only options for AWD."

Yes and distributors are not sure they will ever see BFG KDW's again. Only BFG Rivals.

Well with a drunken stupor with whiteout I have decided to change my Murci to 2wd, Will share the resutls later,,,,,,,

Lolololol.

but the PS2 front to rear "actual" ratio is quite different from the pirelli tires. it might have a negative effect on the AWD system. it's really quite a pain to get corsa rears for the murcie nowadays.

PS2 doesn't work with Murci AWD.

Outside p-zero's; BFG KDW is the only option for AWD.

Interesting.. My dealer (Lambo N Los Angeles) actually recommended and mounted them for me them when I bought the car as I didn't want the 6 yr old original tires. Should I be concerned? It's listed as a matching tire on Discount Tires site as well:

image.jpg

This is really interesting, considering how limited the tire selection is NOW. Imagine the Murci in 20 years - what's going to be available?

Interesting.. My dealer (Lambo N Los Angeles) actually recommended and mounted them for me them when I bought the car as I didn't want the 6 yr old original tires. Should I be concerned? It's listed as a matching tire on Discount Tires site as well:

Take a look at the actual tire diameter of the PS2 and you will notice quite a variance front to back from the Rosso. Still, it's just a warning as I have not heard of any awd system failing due to tires but I've also not come across any owner using PS2. I'm sure the dealer may have had experience with it for them to recommend the tires.

Well with a drunken stupor with whiteout I have decided to change my Murci to 2wd, Will share the resutls later,,,,,,,

hahahaha!!

I have a set of PS2's in my storage unit because they were setting off a diff warning light on an AWD Murci. azmurciev12 is right, the overall diameter of the tires vs. the variance allowed by the diff is different. If your warning light doesn't come on, then maybe your car somehow isn't as picky as others. Just be aware of it.

I wonder how long it will be until standard murci tires are totally unavailable, could be a problem looming?

Doubtful on totally unavailable. But it might end up like the Countach tires --- Pirelli or whichever manufacturer have to receive a confirmed number of orders before making a production batch.

hahahaha!!

I have a set of PS2's in my storage unit because they were setting off a diff warning light on an AWD Murci. azmurciev12 is right, the overall diameter of the tires vs. the variance allowed by the diff is different. If your warning light doesn't come on, then maybe your car somehow isn't as picky as others. Just be aware of it.

I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow to double check. Is it possible that on the LP640 the variances may be slightly different?