Murcielago PPI...definitely worth the money!

emissary

Yeah, that's exactly what I tried to do. The owner's response was that even though he had represented the car as being recently serviced and needing nothing mechanically, he was selling the car "as-is" and was unwilling to renegotiate the price based on the PPI results.

You've done your part, the vendor sounds shady, I'd walk and look for something else, good luck with your search!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...one owner....little old guy, drove it on the weekends...was a car nut.....heard that song and dance before! Then you check registration and youre the 15th owner. I agree tho a PPI is worth its weight in gold, it gives you a good idea what your getting into. Roy, do you know if the 05,06 black Konis had leaking issues as well? When I bought the roadster it had sat for years and moving it from Van to Calgary sprung some leaks..... Great Lambo tech found all the issues in the PPI and Lambo Vancouver was awesome at sorting it out. I wouldn't buy an exotic from anyone who didnt work with you. If someone dumps it on your driveway and says good luck and wont work with you, you'll end up resenting the car. My Gallardo never had a single issue, so when driving it, never crosses my mind anything will go wrong. The Murci (even having all the work done by Lamborghini) for the first while felt cold and always paranoid more issues would arise. I've warmed to it now and love it, but if I'd been stuck with a 15K repair bill right off the bat......... would've ruined the entire experience.

I was looking to buy this car back in 07 and will tell you what I know about it. This used to be Armen's (from the valley) old Murci, I passed on it mainly for the interior and was never a fan of VI. Fred from Bellagio Motors bought it from under JeffSD and the car sat for a very very long time at Fred' dealership. It was 2wd when Armen sold it to Fred, Fred converted it back to 4wd and it was fine but no one seemed to be interested in the car and from my recollection, it was reasonably priced at the time. Fred gets locked up and the car goes up north and I believe it was listed for sale at 135k, this was about a year ago.

Bring up the history of the car and ask why it has been sitting for along time, maybe this will help in the negotiations. If you like the car, work with them.

Yup.. Sure looks like Armen/Freds old Murci.

At the time I had a PPI done at Lambo of Beverly Hills and there was laundry list of work that needed to be done. ( including replace the front differential )

I was looking to buy this car back in 07 and will tell you what I know about it. This used to be Armen's (from the valley) old Murci, I passed on it mainly for the interior and was never a fan of VI. Fred from Bellagio Motors bought it from under JeffSD and the car sat for a very very long time at Fred' dealership. It was 2wd when Armen sold it to Fred, Fred converted it back to 4wd and it was fine but no one seemed to be interested in the car and from my recollection, it was reasonably priced at the time. Fred gets locked up and the car goes up north and I believe it was listed for sale at 135k, this was about a year ago.

Bring up the history of the car and ask why it has been sitting for along time, maybe this will help in the negotiations. If you like the car, work with them.

Yup.. Sure looks like Armen/Freds old Murci.

At the time I had a PPI done at Lambo of Beverly Hills and there was laundry list of work that needed to be done. ( including replace the front differential )

just out of curiosity...how much do PPI's cost? is it a set price or a range?

Prices vary from dealer to dealer, but in my experience it has always been a fixed cost. BMCD charged me $567 for the '03 Murciealgo PPI.