Auto Train

Smash Boy

My friend was telling me the other day about taking a trip to Disney World with his daughter by using the Auto Train:

http://www.amtrak.com/auto-train

Load the car on train, ride for 17 hours, then you're off and running when you disembark. Said it was very enjoyable, no hassles.

Right now only seems like Washington DC to Orlando.

Curious if anybody else has done or it would consider it?

I could only imagine if they had something east-west, NY to CA it would be great.

Did he mention the cost? Would he awesome use it to come down for a Lambo event but it says max width is 84" and no gullwing doors. I assume vertical doors would be ok.

It's an interesting option. The drive is 13 hours. Were planning Orlando to NYC this summer with a stop in DC and other stops. Granted we'll have a rental car so this option doesn't suit our needs.

am I missing the point?

Eating Kabob (I actually mean kebab) (I actually mean kebab) on a train and still bring your whip with you? :eusa_dance:

It's an interesting option. The drive is 13 hours. Were planning Orlando to NYC this summer with a stop in DC and other stops. Granted we'll have a rental car so this option doesn't suit our needs.

Too bad I'll miss ya on your tour!

Hit me up if you want any sightseeing suggestions along the way.

I did DC to Orlando a few years ago. It was okay. The problem is the train goes through some residential neighborhoods and can only operate at a limited speed during "night hours," so it could be a much quicker ride.

isn't half the fun of a road trip experiencing the drive?

:iamwithstupid:

But I could see wanting to take your exotic with you and not paying 2k to ship it each way.