2008 Clutch compared to 2010

mbr805

I am looking to pick up a 2008 Gallardo Spyder and have heard the stock clutches had some issues and generally only lasted about 10k miles or so. Most I have seen have new clutches , from my understanding any replacement clutches are the same clutches that are in the 2010 or newer Gallardos. Is this correct? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I am looking to pick up a 2008 Gallardo Spyder and have heard the stock clutches had some issues and generally only lasted about 10k miles or so. Most I have seen have new clutches , from my understanding any replacement clutches are the same clutches that are in the 2010 or newer Gallardos. Is this correct? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

By 2008 there are no clutch issues. I have a 2006 with 28k miles on the original clutch.

It was the 2004 cars where there were issues, each year seems to get better and better. I believe gla (has an 05) is closing on 40k miles on his clutch.

Then again, you can destroy a clutch in minutes if you abuse it....

By 2008 there are no clutch issues. I have a 2006 with 28k miles on the original clutch.

It was the 2004 cars where there were issues, each year seems to get better and better. I believe gla (has an 05) is closing on 40k miles on his clutch.

Then again, you can destroy a clutch in minutes if you abuse it....

Thanks for the input. The clutches were updated though in 2010 or newer models correct?

Thanks for the input. The clutches were updated though in 2010 or newer models correct?

The software maybe, I believe the parts are still the same.

2009+ egear is much smoother, comparable to e46 m3 if that helps. 04-05 original clutch only lasts 7-10k. Once changed, it lasts much longer just like 06-08. I have 25k on my 05 with replaced clutch and it's only 35% worn.

Clutch job is abt $6k at an indept shop but they would need Lambo computer to reset egear. Dealer is abt $8k

My 2008 has over 20k miles on it and I'm still at 50% clutch as of my last oil change a couple of months ago...

2009+ egear is much smoother, comparable to e46 m3 if that helps. 04-05 original clutch only lasts 7-10k. Once changed, it lasts much longer just like 06-08. I have 25k on my 05 with replaced clutch and it's only 35% worn.

Clutch job is abt $6k at an indept shop but they would need Lambo computer to reset egear. Dealer is abt $8k

My 04 lasted 19k on factory clutch with 85% wear. (I had it replaced because it was at the dealer). I am on my second clutch at 43K with snap of 65% used so I will reach 30K on the second F/G clutch. 7-10K is probably because launch was used too often.

My 2009 had egear snap done at 16,500 miles. Only 1.1 mm wear. That's less than 20% if you go by manufacturer guideline of replacement at 5.6mm of wear. I know of several that lasted much longer (more than 6 mm)

I brought mine to the track for the first time and the way that shit shifts in corsa you better believe I will have to change it soon.

all about driving habits ;)!

I brought mine to the track for the first time and the way that shit shifts in corsa you better believe I will have to change it soon.

all about driving habits ;)!

Hi Alexo,

I believe that the clutch wear is much less in corsa than auto as the quicker the shift, the less slippage and wear on the clutch lining material.

I always drive in corsa in my 2011 e-gear, even when used as a daily driver.

cheers,

john

good info. but is there a wrong way to drive e gear? isnt it an automatic?

it is not an automatic. it's a manual without the clutch pedal as clutch actuation is computerized

there are tons of thread on how to drive an egear car. basically, it needs to be driven like a manual so not to burn the clutch.

• 2 months later...
09+ Gallardo has a lot better E-gear system. It keeps adjusting so it engages better and less slipping.

the main reason I traded my 2006SE e-gear for a 2011 Lp560-4 e gear was

no 'bucking' ever with the LP e-gears, unlike the 2006 SE e- gear that I drove for 5 miles before trading it for the 2011 LP e-gear.

You can still destroy the LP e-gear clutch in short time as I did once by reversing up the slope in my driveway with my one foot on the brake and the other on accelerator:(

I wont do that again!

just my two cents worth.

cheers,

john

• 2 weeks later...
1141038[/url]']

no 'bucking' ever with the LP e-gears, unlike the 2006 SE e- gear that I drove for 5 miles before trading it for the 2011 LP e-gear.

You can still destroy the LP e-gear clutch in short time as I did once by reversing up the slope in my driveway with my one foot on the brake and the other on accelerator:(

I wont do that again!

just my two cents worth.

cheers,

john

Yup! I agree with everything that John just said...cause I too experienced both.

1141038[/url]']

I wont do that again!

just my two cents worth.

cheers,

john

Yup! I agree with everything that John just said...cause I too experienced both.