Teamsalamone Lambo running to hot in Vegas advise please

TeamSalamone

For a year I have watched my aventadors break the day before huge rallies and events ...

Now goldRush is Saturday in Vegas and it's 102 degrees at night and in traffic the car is in the red! Normal? It just crapped out a month ago when a rock stopped the fan ... It was fixed... The oil was just changed a week ago by lambo Long Island (who uses mobile 1 and not castrol)

wtf I'm losing patience 2 aventadors and since may 2013 missing every major event. Constant disappointments

Soooo

1- is it normal for it to go into red zone (just at edge) at over 100 degree temps

2- is there something I could do (changing the A off and back on made it hotter)

3- there is No overheating ... But I'm nervous huge rally in two days

4- wtf holy crap I'm really sick of seeing these things towed (just had fan problem at a huuuuuge event ruined it and tire problem at next huge event ... I'm fukin done )

Anyone know anyone in Vegas who can help

post-93516-1401252543_thumb.jpg

post-93516-1401252557_thumb.jpg

That sucks, I remember you had problems with your old car during the Giro in Italy.

Every lambo every single large event from BULLRUN to Gumball to grand giro to 25% of every club drive to at least 20% of the usable weekends in ny :(

Gallardo engine replacement

Aventador gearbox replacement

This roadster must make it I have lost a night of sleep and I'm off to the dealer

I'm assuming you have non Factory exhaust and non Factory ECU tune? Not all are equal and the same engineering ,if this is not the issue disregard my comments!! Hope you find a resolution ✌️

I'm assuming you have non Factory exhaust and non Factory ECU tune? Not all are equal and the same engineering ,if this is not the issue disregard my comments!! Hope you find a resolution ✌️

Exhaust could never in a million years cause an overheating condition. And the ECU tune would be highly suspect at anything less than full throttle runs. The cooling system should be more than capable of driving the car around town.

I hope they get everything taken care of and working properly, driving a brand new $500k car around without the A/C on because it's overheating is bullshit.

Ask for a heavier weight oil. My Gallardo had a fresh oil change with the recommended mobile and after a 5 minute spirited drive in 100 degree weather the oil pressure light came on so drained it right away and it was cooked. Not sure about Avent warranties so you may be tied to Mobil but I found Motul 300V to be the cats ass. I hear you every charity event I've been geared up for the Murci shit the bed a few days before. Been sitting for two weeks waiting on parts.

Spoke to Dr M .. And manhattan Motors and got up and drive to Las Vegas Lambo ... Car is there and it was an epic early morning sprint .. Maybe it just got hot in traffic ... I'll let you know

post-93516-1401290383_thumb.jpg

Exhaust could never in a million years cause an overheating condition. And the ECU tune would be highly suspect at anything less than full throttle runs. The cooling system should be more than capable of driving the car around town.

I hope they get everything taken care of and working properly, driving a brand new $500k car around without the A/C on because it's overheating is bullshit.

Depending on the position of everything, exhaust gases which are quite hot depending on, again, the location of the cut-out might be radiating upwards rather than out and behind the engine bay. A bit far-fetched, however, I had an exhaust leak get real bad, right at the header to y-pipe connection, injecting exhaust into the engine bay because of a restriction in the exhaust track after the leak. And in the ECU tune some removed the limiters .. so no safe guard when headed in the danger point 😉!! But I don't want to go back n forth with anyone ..

because of a restriction in the exhaust track after the leak.

That;s an entirely different scenario, a blocked exhaust will wreak all kinds of havoc. It was most likely the insane back pressure causing your problems over the heat from the leak.

I should preface my statement, an unrestricted exhaust (and most likely better flowing) will not create an overheating condition.

Brian, sorry to hear. When Dr.Mac, Milligan and the SCP Team were in Vegas last year for our Wild West Adventure, it was the same thing. Error was some sensor but it all came down to viscosity of the oil. If you are just going to be in Vegas for a few days and leaving, I wouldn't change the oil, just try to avoid stop and go traffic (or you will get into limp mode and thats a bear). Rest of your trip should be good. Hope to connect with you in Cleveland mate.

Godspeed! We know TeamSalamone is #1 in our book!

• 2 weeks later...

Well here is how it turned out:

Manhattan Motors coordinated with some Corporate Lambo people and Chicago Lambo fixed the issue.

The TeamSalamone Lambo was car 01 in goldrush and it was "EXPECTED" at the finish line

The crowd was really looking forward to this car ... it is "world Renowned" according to Chicago Network News...

http://morningnews.wgntv.com/2014/06/05/sn...lly-in-chicago/

Anyway.. I felt like I was part of a real family... that Lambo and the dealers really cared! I have never been taken care of so well in my life (and really lots of people do incredible things for me....) but here. the commitment to assisting me and my cause ... I was overjoyed to tears to finish this rally!! how car I express my gratitude to Lambo and the dealers and corporate? I will simply drive their cars EVERWHERE and I truly belief that the fun and excitement I show ... when enjoying my lambo... are contagious!!!

thanks to DoctaM and Kalrlton and Joe and all who helped and to the two lambo power guys who spent time with me in .... well I forget the city...

good to be part of the Lambo community

post-93516-1402415397_thumb.jpg

post-93516-1402415409.jpg

post-93516-1402415431_thumb.jpg